vRS Black Pack - Dealer retro fit. Cost?

My car is not due for delivery until early August.

I spoke to the dealer on Thursday about adding the Black Pack to the order and he said currently they are only available on LHD cars. However, he will be speaking to Skoda Technical Services to confirm when RHD cars will have them and will amend the order for my car.

No idea about retrospective fitment costs yet.

£450 for me and I get the original parts to keep too.

Priced the parts up using the chassis number for a Monte Carlo.

Was looking at the Monte Carlo last week and the lights are different (other than being black of course!).

Was looking at the Monte Carlo last week and the lights are different (other than being black of course!).

In what way? If that's true then it'll be interesting to see how they sort it!

In what way? If that's true then it'll be interesting to see how they sort it!

Not 100% sure off the top of my head. If you find a pick of the Monte showing the headlights and compare they are defo different.

Possibly no main beam bulb on it's own? Not sure.

£450 for me and I get the original parts to keep too.

Priced the parts up using the chassis number for a Monte Carlo.

hello there i have rang my local dealer about the black pack to fit to my vrs the front grill is available should get that this week ,round about £60 for the top and bottom it comes with the skoda badge in it ,but the lights are not available yet as a spare part for the monte carlo so just have to wait and see when they are out to buy .will let people no when they are out .

hello there i have rang my local dealer about the black pack to fit to my vrs the front grill is available should get that this week ,round about £60 for the top and bottom it comes with the skoda badge in it ,but the lights are not available yet as a spare part for the monte carlo so just have to wait and see when they are out to buy .will let people no when they are out .

They must be available surely? Salesman priced it up by basically saying to the parts department "assume that the monte Carlo in the showroom has had an accident and needs the lights and grille replacing. How much?"

Maybe the salesman you spoke to knew that they wouldn't fit the vrs which mine didn't?

They must be available surely? Salesman priced it up by basically saying to the parts department "assume that the monte Carlo in the showroom has had an accident and needs the lights and grille replacing. How much?"

Maybe the salesman you spoke to knew that they wouldn't fit the vrs which mine didn't?

Fabia Monte Carlo front smoked headlights

fabiafront.jpg

Fabia Monte Carlo front smoked headlights

fabiafront.jpg

hello i think us people who have a vrs now and want to change the lights will have to wait until the vrs comes out with the black pack and take it from there for the lights ,bit of a wait for that lol

Apparently the black pack will be a standard free option on all Fabia vRS cars built week 22 onwards, my local dealer let me read the bulletin today when I was considering placing a order.

Apparently the black pack will be a standard free option on all Fabia vRS cars built week 22 onwards, my local dealer let me read the bulletin today when I was considering placing a order.

This is indeed correct :)

My car is not due for delivery until early August.

I spoke to the dealer on Thursday about adding the Black Pack to the order and he said currently they are only available on LHD cars. However, he will be speaking to Skoda Technical Services to confirm when RHD cars will have them and will amend the order for my car.

No idea about retrospective fitment costs yet.

That's odd? Unlike normal headlight clusters, projector lights can have their spray reversed by rotating the internal casing (can't think of the technical term). Seems odd.

Well I decided to order the Monte Carlo black grill bits today. £57 for all the bits with clips. Will leave the lights for now. Dealer said there be a delay in getting them as not many at the factory so may be back ordered.

I'm a bit unsure about getting the black pack on a white car. I think I will just order the grill on its own.

Timamb, any chance of posting the part number for the black grille?

Well I decided to order the Monte Carlo black grill bits today. £57 for all the bits with clips. Will leave the lights for now. Dealer said there be a delay in getting them as not many at the factory so may be back ordered.

Just wondering what exactly do you get for £57? I guess you get the top section which fits on the bonnet but do you get a complete lower section of the grill or a black insert to replace the chrome one.

I like the black grill, but not sure about the black lights. However, with the black A pillars and black wing mirrors, I do like the black "touch" to the front of the car.

If you order the black grille from the Monte Carlo, is it possible to swap the VRS badge from the original Chrome grille?

Not sure if it clips in or if it's glued on.

This is indeed correct :)

So it's standard now I didn't have to spec it when I ordered?

I'm a bit unsure about getting the black pack on a white car. I think I will just order the grill on its own.

Timamb, any chance of posting the part number for the black grille?

Sorry fella I don't have the part numbers I'm afraid. They just looked it up on the computer and ordered the bits for me.

Just wondering what exactly do you get for £57? I guess you get the top section which fits on the bonnet but do you get a complete lower section of the grill or a black insert to replace the chrome one.

Believe it's just the top section and the insert. The actual grill with the vRS badge will just stay where it is.

If you order the black grille from the Monte Carlo, is it possible to swap the VRS badge from the original Chrome grille?

Not sure if it clips in or if it's glued on.

Badge wont have to be touched as the original grill will stay in place. Also it clips on. I ordered some clips too.

Believe it's just the top section and the insert. The actual grill with the vRS badge will just stay where it is.

Thanks my car is build week 20 so won't get the black pack but I will buy the grill I think