Should I Tint my Windows?

I collected my new Race blue Octavia VRS estate last Saturday but can't decide if I want to tint my windows or not. I haven't seen any pictures of Race Blue estates with tinted windows. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Sorry if this has been asked before I have tried to search but can't find any pictures.

Thanks Dedders.

Yes on the tints, must have if you carry stuff in the back, (rc planes ect) as it's like a display cabinet, besides they are CAF.

I collected my new Race blue Octavia VRS estate last Saturday but can't decide if I want to tint my windows or not. I haven't seen any pictures of Race Blue estates with tinted windows. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Sorry if this has been asked before I have tried to search but can't find any pictures.

Thanks Dedders.

Go for it. They look great on my estate, and kids in the back never complain about the sun. I actually chose not to order it with the factory tints, and as soon as the car arrived in the dealers, I sent over my pal who does the tints.

Some pics for you.

4703991541_d01707e004_z.jpg

4703939125_07c37353cc_z.jpg

• Like 1

Why not just get the sun shades http://www.vanstyle.co.uk/shop/product_info.php/products_id/3947 then if you don't like them you can just put them back in the boot?

What sort of quality are these?

I was going to suggest the official Skoda ones but these seem a bit cheaper. £84 for the Skoda ones for just the side windows vs £80 for the Vanstyles where you get the sides and the rears.

That said, VS are out of stock for the Octy hatch! <shakes fist>

Edit: hey look, they totally updated the Accessories site!: http://www.accessories.skoda.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?p_no=KCD609004

Edited by BigC

i've got the hatch and its gettin tints done on Friday, personally i couldn't care what people think i;m doing it for our nephew and the dog who sits in the back.

Once done i'll get some pics up.

Thanks for all the advice I think I'll get something done now I just can't decide whether to tint the windows or get the blinds. They do seem very good value.

Just had the B pillar back tinted on my race blue hatch and it looks superb. I've gone for a fairly dark tint to protect our two little un's from the sun, as an added bonus I also thing that it looks quite good. This tint was one up from blackout, so lets a certain amount of light through but very easy to see out of from the inside.

Tints.jpg

Was going to post a similar thread to this....Any one happen to have any pics of a red hatch with tints?

Also:

How much did you pay?

...and a contentious issue....have any of you told your insurance?

I'd say a big yes to either tints or shades. :yes:

I bought the vanstyle shades listed above for my hatch. Good job, and as said, removable in seconds. Only minus point is that the rear window is in two pieces, but I can live with that-it's not intrusive in your rear view.

As for insurance, why would you need to tell them? It's not like you're tinting your windscreen or front windows, and tints are a factory option anyway which would not need to be declared? :wonder:

As for blinds, well you're hardly going to inform your insurance co that you stuck a Mothercare type one in your window, so I don't see a problem.

You could say it's a safety enhancement... :smirk::giggle:

I got a set of Vanstyle shades but I was really disappointed with the fit so I sent them back, a work colleague has sunset glass on his black scout and a set of shades. The 2 work together really well.

I will be going for tints (eventually) but I need to be careful how dark they are as I'm not interested in going for the 'Hearse' look! :giggle:

Just had the B pillar back tinted on my race blue hatch and it looks superb. I've gone for a fairly dark tint to protect our two little un's from the sun, as an added bonus I also thing that it looks quite good. This tint was one up from blackout, so lets a certain amount of light through but very easy to see out of from the inside.

Tints.jpg

That looks cracking, i'm going for a Limo tint, and your pic has just put the icing on the cake :thumbup:

Go for it! I find if the front windows are lightly tinted or untinted & you want a dark tint on the back it can look better if you have a lighter tint on the rear passenger doors for a graduated effect. I've done this on 3 cars including an Octavia estate - looked a lot better. I made the mistake of dark tint behind the B pillar on one car with untinted & the contrast with the fronts looked pants. I've got factory tints on my estate but still thinking about limo black for rear of c pillar for security plus comfort for the dog.

Just got a quote of £150 to have the rears tinted on mine at www.tintmaster.eu

Edited by jrw

What sort of quality are these?

I was going to suggest the official Skoda ones but these seem a bit cheaper. £84 for the Skoda ones for just the side windows vs £80 for the Vanstyles where you get the sides and the rears.

That said, VS are out of stock for the Octy hatch! <shakes fist>

Edit: hey look, they totally updated the Accessories site!: http://www.accessories.skoda.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?p_no=KCD609004

Just a quick update on this...

Had a reply to my email to Vanstyle, saying that the website is not quite accurate and that they tend to get them made to order, so can ignore the "not in stock" note.

Think I'll order a set (despite Pagey's comment!) and comment back in a week or so (hopefully) once I've fitted them.

Just a quick update on this...

Had a reply to my email to Vanstyle, saying that the website is not quite accurate and that they tend to get them made to order, so can ignore the "not in stock" note.

Think I'll order a set (despite Pagey's comment!) and comment back in a week or so (hopefully) once I've fitted them.

If your not happy they will give you a refund including original postage cost, so st least their customer service is good.

The main issue was with the rear side window although the rear door Windows weren't great.

If your not happy they will give you a refund including original postage cost, so st least their customer service is good.

The main issue was with the rear side window although the rear door Windows weren't great.

That's good to know.

Skodaphile's comment before yours balanced things out so I'm prepared to take the gamble now. :)

Maybe with yours being the estate the shades had a greater area to cover, so flexed a bit more.

I have just the side window shades in mine; I believe they the Palm/Vanstyle ones. They're on their 3rd Brisky member now and I think they're decent :)

I get a rattle from them sometimes, but think that's because I've not fitted the full compliment of clips in.

Other than that I'd recommend them.