East Midlands Meet - Tuesday 31st May 2011 - Junc 28 M

Brimma

The next monthly meet for the East Midlands lot!

Venue: The Snipe at Sutton, Alfreton Road, Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire NG17 1JE (just off the A38 off M1 J28 heading towards Mansfield) - See here for a map

For those using sat nav - if you put in 295 Alfreton Road, you'll be about 150 yds away from the pub

Date: Tuesday 31st May 2011

Time: 7:30pm

All welcome

Was great to see a goodly number of first-time visitors last month, including Andy in his loaded Yeti :thumbup:

Apologies for not posting up this thread sooner, but as you probably know I've got a few more pressing issues to deal with at the moment, which may mean I can't attend this one

This will be last meet at The Snipe until July, as the pub is closing for a month for refurbishment. It is apparently going a bit more 'upmarket', with table service etc etc - time will tell whether or not the Brisky massive will want to return there

If any locals know of a viable alternative to try for the June meet please feel free to throw your suggestions in the hat

• 2 weeks later...

We'll not be there this month as i'm working this day. And not sure about the next few to be honest what with our hopefully pending new arrival so hopefully we'll / i'll see you guys again soon. ;)

Cheers

Dave.

We'll not be there this month as i'm working this day. And not sure about the next few to be honest what with our hopefully pending new arrival so hopefully we'll / i'll see you guys again soon. ;)

Cheers

Dave.

That's a shame Dave, but we'll catch up with you again sometime

That's a shame Dave, but we'll catch up with you again sometime

That's an ominous comment for my impending parenthood. ;)

Cheers

Dave.

Cheers

Dave.

I read "new arrival" as new car, but reading the further comments, I realise its something much more expensive!

Congrats to you both, hope you'll still be at Thorne on 11 June

Count me in and don't forget to ask Simon about 'Doing a Damo' yesterday? :rofl:

Edit: The excuse.........

He sent me the 'I'm on my way' text when he allegedly was meeting someone else, somewhere else!

I don't think he likes the thought of being in the Damo Club? :giggle:

Edited by john999boy

I read "new arrival" as new car, but reading the further comments, I realise its something much more expensive!

Congrats to you both, hope you'll still be at Thorne on 11 June

Yeah we'll still be at Thorne.... New arrival will hopefully be arriving towards end of June beginning of July according to our social worker today, if all things go to plan and stay on track. emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Cheers

Dave.

Edited by WaveyDavey

Yeah we'll still be at Thorne.... New arrival will hopefully be arriving towards end of June beginning of July according to our social worker today, if all things go to plan and stay on track. emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Cheers

Dave.

It's so easy to slip into railway metaphors "stay on track" etc ...

You'd be surprised how many of my friends have boys called Thomas, James or Edward.

It's so easy to slip into railway metaphors "stay on track" etc ...

You'd be surprised how many of my friends have boys called Thomas, James or Edward.

No Percys or Gordons then? :rofl:

Fantastic evening everyone, not laughed so much in ages!

Anyway, you can only imagine what I had to subject myself to while searching google images for this...

creampie.jpg

I'll leave it there I think...

;)

See you at the next one.

Nick

Not really, but people still complain when I haven't answered their email quickly enough :( I need two more of me working here!

I'll have to wait another month for the goldies then :S