How Long - From order to delivery?

Well mines still somewhere in the chain, although my build date has past, so it should be any week now.

It's been a blessing though, my wife's car has been hit twice this week by other drivers while on holiday and we would have gone away in the Superb if it had been here. So for me at least my new car is two trips to the body shop better off.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping that mine is now on the City of Amsterdam that has just left emdon on it's way to the Tyne.

It was, so it looks like the 5th September is going to be my collection date. Originally ordered on 30th April so four months from order to delivery, not bad as compared to some on here.

Well mines still somewhere in the chain, although my build date has past, so it should be any week now.

I rung the dealer to find out where it is, 'it's here at the dealership' he said :swear::wall: 'do you want to collect it?'

Idk how long it's been here, but it should be in my grubby little mits by the end of the week. :rock:

i order on April a skoda superb combi 4x4 tdi 170 hp with sunroof and other 13 optionals.

For the last 3 weeks the estimation build date remain the same and it is week 43. (Before of this, this estimation was change weekly).

I finely got the production week and that is 38 so the end of the September.

As i understood, in Romania the car is getting 1 week later so it will be between 19-23 september, but i will see :D

what can i say .. that i'm tired to wait so long time.. and this 3 remaining weeks .... it will be difficult :)

Ordered mine in the beginning of May, build date at the moment w40 (got it after the summer break).

Combi 140HP TDI DSG 4x4 Elegance, amethyst purple/ivory. Pano, Kessy, tow bar, rough road pack, heated front screen, extra heating, MY12 updates (incl. vent seats), etc. Elegance here means Xenons and leather but no sat-nav.

3.6FSI would have cost the same amount but due to this being a company car and high mileage I chose diesel. Also had a Saab 9-5 as an option but apart looks and auto high beam Superb was better. And Passat with adaptive CC, auto high beam, 170hp DSG 4x4 and electric tow bar, but order times ~7-9 months...

My sales guy ordered his Yeti a week later (also with pano) and got a w47... :)

Still a few weeks sooner would be nice :rofl:

Jannesm seams that we have almost the same car. Mine is also amethyst with ivory vent seats and no sat -nav. only bolero. pano but no kessy. and other extras.

But what is interesting that you order 2 weeks later then me and you will have a estimation production 2 weeks later also.

I ordered mine from the lease company on 17th April, but they didn't order it from Skoda until 24th May. :wonder:

Ordered Skoda Superb - 1.6 Tdi Cr Elegance Greenline Ii 5Dr Hatchback in Pacific Blue with the following options:

1. Front/rear floor mats

2. Park Assist - front and rear parking sensors with Maxidot

3. Solid paint

4. Onyx leather

I originally had a delivery date of 30th October, but it has just been pushed back to 9th December. :doh:

I guess I may not actually see it until 2012. :'(

My existing car was due to go back on 29th September (VW Polo) so I guess I have the pleasure of keeping that for another 3.5 months+. :thumbdown:

Well pee'd off!!

Just checked online portal for lease company and delivery estimate put back to mid December (ordered May).

Emailed them and now told dealer has no confirmed build date!!!! FFS

Seriously dispondant now, regret ordering now. Octavia has gone back and am in high CO2 Audi, which I was happy to have for about 2 months on original delivery of October, but not now with no build date.

Have suggested to lease company that they provide me with similar spec Superb in the interim to at least get my tax to the right level.

What a crap week - son broke his arm, been stuck in 3 accidents on M1 and now this!

Happy Days

UPDATE:

Well obviously all my ranting at the lease company has paid off - their Account Manager has been in contact with me following some discussions he has had with Skoda UK.

They have confirmed to him that my car has now been allocated a build slot - week 43 (24/10) :thumbup: Apparently the dealer should receive the car within 2 weeks so they reckon they could deliver either 2nd or 3rd week in November. So slight increase on my original October delivery date but better than the proposed December date!

Unfortunately as this leadtime is within Skoda UK guidelines they are unable to offer me a lead car. Furthermore they have also checked Skoda stock availability and there is nothing in comparable specification which they could or would let me have - how true that is I don't know, but I don't believe it.

At least they have confirmed the build date which is what I was chasing for and I can probably live with the November delivery :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Superb Estate on order in Petrol Blue. I havebeen told it will be built in week 43.

Update - now told in writing by e mail that it will be built in week 39. It is the V6 in Petrol Blue Matalic.

My Superb Estate will arrive at the dealer on Friday 7th October 2011, for collection just over a week later. So my V6 was ordered on or about 27th July 2011 by the dealer and bult in 39 as comunicated. One is very pleased. I read some delivery horror stories on this Forum as well as one or two surprises.

Edited by UK Beano

21st May 2011

Confirmed in my own mind that I wanted a new Superb, but slightly concerned about some of the horror stories I read in this forum. Having purchased last 6 cars as new top spec cars I was anticipating 3 months, which has been the norm in my experience (Ford, VW, Renault).

23rd May 2011

Order placed with dealer.

Škoda Superb Estate [Combi] CR170 DSG Elegance, Petrol Blue [Lava Blue]. (Petrol Blue ordered unseen, as Storm Blue discontinued).

Options: (11) electric boot, mats, heated washer nozzles, kessy, mdi, sunset glass, rear blinds, auto dim mirror, heated windscreen, park assist, upgraded sound system.

Estimated build week 34 (22/8). Estimated delivery week 38 (19/9).

31st May 2011

Changed Petrol Blue to Amethyst Purple. (Wasn't keen on Petrol Blue when I saw it)

Dealer says order not yet confirmed.

16th June 2011

Added ventilated seats option to order.

Dealer says order not yet confirmed.

17th June 2011

Dealer says order confirmed.

Build week 35 (29/8).

Update: car was built on schedule and is currently at a port in Germany. Week to 10 days before I can get my grubby mitts on it. Can't wait to play with it.

My Superb Combi Greenline was due in December 2011, however, the leasing company has today advised me that delivery has been put back to the end of January 2012 as a result of the popularity of Greenline models.The car was chosen and ordered in early July 2011.

My Superb Combi Greenline was due in December 2011, however, the leasing company has today advised me that delivery has been put back to the end of January 2012 as a result of the popularity of Greenline models.The car was chosen and ordered in early July 2011.

Hmm.

I ordered my Greenline at the beginning of April. As that's 3 months before you, I wonder if I'll get it 3 months earlier - in November?

Not holding my breath though.

2.0TDI CR140 Twindoor ordered June 14th... originally had six month lead time quoted... then told may be after the New Year... just had phone call this morning to say should be ready for delivery 14th October! :)

About three weeks!

Let me elaborate; it was included in the Q3 campaign by Skoda UK (0% VAT) as a stock vehicle even though it had just left the factory - was being shipped to the UK when I ordered.

Only problem with this was I couldn't spec any factory fit extras with it - though being an Elegance it had everything I wanted anyway apart from the spare wheel which I got from the dealer.

So, overall I'm very fortunate considering the waiting lists going on, especially as its a 170 TDI DSG - right place at the right time and all that!

Update: car was built on schedule and is currently at a port in Germany. Week to 10 days before I can get my grubby mitts on it. Can't wait to play with it.

You were on the same build week as me and I have just had a call telling me I can collect on Friday 23rd Sept :) I now have the reg number and am really looking forward to Friday

From entering dealership on 21st May 2011 to driving it away on 22nd September 2011 makes it almost 4 months to the day.

Car was delivered with all the options I'd asked for - and the brolly was there too!

Had my doubts about the ability of those ventilated seats. I don't understand the dynamics of how sucking instead of blowing can be effective, but after about 20 seconds on full power I had to turn it off as my bum and legs were getting too cold.

Update - Build Week 39, delivery mid October - so that's about 16 weeks.

Just as well because the head gasket has just gone in the VRS Octy!!!

It's built!!!!

It's "in transit" so hopefully I'll get it in mid October. Dealer has been spot on all the way through (although I have made more calls than he has...)

Now all I need is a list of things to look for to make sure they haven't been "forgotten"

Thanks

Jim

INow all I need is a list of things to look for to make sure they haven't been "forgotten"

Here you go have a copy of the one I did for my MY11 car (just amend the bold options to suit your car):

Standard Equipment / Optional Equipment Ordered SE / Elegance / AS OF: 30.6.2010

12V Socket in mid console and boot

18†‘Luna’ alloys 7.5J x 18†- FOC

2 folding hooks in boot

3 headrests rear, height adjustable

4 Spoke leather multi-function steering wheel (inc controls for radio and telephone)

8 loudspeakers

Adjustable instrument illumination

Air conditioned glovebox

Alarm with interior monitoring and tilt sensor

Aluminium floor plates in boot with sliding partition tether system (Estate only)

Auto dimming rear view mirror - £55

Bi-Xenon lights with AFS (Adaptive Front-light System)

Boarding spots (under door mirrors)

Body coloured bumpers

Body coloured door handles

Chrome Roof Rails (Estate only)

Chrome trim on lower boot

Chrome window surrounds

‘Columbus’ colour touchscreen satellite navigation system with Voice Control, SD card reader up to 32GB, MP3 and 3.5mm aux in socket (no 6CD autochanger) V7 (7333) Maps & installation disc

Cruise control

Curtain airbags

Cup holders in the mid-console

Door open indicator

Driver and passenger front airbags

Driver and passenger seat belt warning buzzer

Driver’s knee airbag

Dual-zone air conditioning

Electric windows (front and rear)

with child safety system

Electrically adjustable front seats (driver’s seat with memory) (no storage box under passenger seat)

Full Black leather upholstery & Heated front seats

Electrically adjustable body coloured door mirrors

(with integrated indicators)

Electrically folding door mirrors (after locking of car)

Electromechanical speed dependent power steering

Electronic engine immobilizer

Electrically operated boot with automatic parcel shelf retract - £500

ESP incl. ABS+MSR+ASR+EDL+HBA

Floor mats - £55

Front aero windscreen wipers

Front armrest

Front fog lights with cornering function

Front headrests, height adjustable

Fuel supply cut-off (in event of accident)

Gas strut for engine cover

Glasses storage compartment

Headlight washers

Heated washer nozzles - £35

Heated windscreen and front seats - £235

Height adjustable front armrest

Interior door handle illumination

ISOFIX (2 outer rear seats)

Light Assistant (coming home and tunnel light)

Lower grille chrome surround (front)

Luggage space illumination

Manual air-conditioning

Metallic paint - £410

Park assist (includes front and rear parking sensors and Maxi-Dot) - £425

Net on mid console

Passenger airbag switch-off

Pollen and dust filter with sensor

Premium GSM III telephone preparation with Bluetooth® (UHV and rSAP)†

Protective chrome side mouldings

Rain sensor

Rear seatbelts with pre-tensioners

Remote central locking

Removable LED light in boot (Estate only)

Removable parcel shelf

Side airbags front

Small leather pack (steering wheel, gearknob and gaiter)

‘Space saver’ wheel / toolkit - £65

Speed warning indicator

Split folding rear seats

Storage box under passenger seat

Storage pockets on rear of front seats

Sunset glass from B pillar back - £210

Ticket holder on A-pillar

Tinted glass

TPM (Tyre Pressure Monitor)

Trip computer

Umbrella in rear door

Vanity mirror with illumination,

driver and passenger

Variable boot floor - £165

Ventilation outlets in B pillar

Wood décor - £125

New Vehicle Check

Miscellanious

* Receipt Showing Payment in Full VITAL

* Sales Invoice corresponding to above VITAL

* VIN Check – Corresponds with Receipt VITAL

* PDI Inspection – Service Stamp in Service Book? VITAL

* Warranty Paperwork / Details VITAL

* Manuals Other Paperwork

* Spare keys VITAL

* Security code for ECU - on plastic tab with key(s) VITAL

* Oil Level

* Coolant Level

* Mileage? ……………………..

* 12 Month VED

Boot

* Sunset glass from B-pillar back - £210

* Electrically operated boot with automatic

parcel shelf retract - £500

* Variable boot floor - £165

* Spare wheel - £65

* Jack

* Locking Wheel Nut tool

* Toolkit (brace, cap tool, tow eye, screwdriver, spanner)

* Removable LED Light in the boot

* Central Locking Operation

* Alarm Operation

* Start / Stop Engine

* Engine Noise

* Clutch Operation

* Brake Operation (Foot and Handbrake)

* Allow vehicle to warm up and check coolant temp etc

Exterior Checks - Paintwork / Bodywork / Glass

* Bonnet, Front Valance Slam Panel

* Heated Windscreen

* Offside Front Wing

* Offside Front Door, Shut & Window

* Offside Rear Door, Shut & Window

* Offside sill

* Offside Rear Wing

* Bootlid, Shut & Rear Window

* Rear Valance

* Nearside Rear Wing

* Nearside Rear Door, Shut & Window

* Nearside Front Door & Shut & Window

* Nearside Sill

* Nearside Front Wing

* Roof

* Tyre & Luna Wheel Check

* OS Front

* OS Rear

* NS Rear

* NS Front

* Packing spacers removed from springs?

Interior Checks

* Onyx leather Condition, Adjustment & Seatbelts

* Driver & seat Electrics

* Passenger

* Rear bench

* Driver Heated seat

* Passenger Heated Seat

* Carpets – check footwells for dampness etc

* Floor mats - £55

* Radio & CD Operation

* Sat nav & V7 (7333) Maps on CD

* Wood décor - £125

* Park assist (includes front and rear parking sensors and Maxi-dot) - £425

* Auto dimming rear view mirror - £55

* Heated Windscreen - £235

* Heated Washer nozzles - £35

Lights

* Indicators

* Stop

* Tail

* Dip

* Side

* DRL

* Main

* Interior

* Warning Lights

* Dashboard Lighting

* Other function (levelling adjustment etc)

* Air Conditioning Operation

* Wipers Front, Rear (inc wash feature)

* Glovebox Operation & light

Hi All

Newly signed unto the forum, but have been following it for a while.

New Surperb due maybe next week (it's on the boat)

Ordered beginning June

Replaces company 140 VW Passat 2.0SE (great car)

New car is a Greenline Elegance Hatch

Rossi Brunello & Ivory interior

Only option is wood decor

Can't wait

This topic makes depressing reading, looking at how long some of you have waited for delivery. I've just ordered a black Superb 4x4 Estate 170 with a few extras and wondering just at what point next year it will actually arrive - Could be a long wait. Also has anyone used the "TrackMySkoda" website to get a build date - it seems to me that you enter any order number and get the same response - "Thank you for your enquiry - Your order is currently awaiting a manufacturing build date."!

10 weeks from order to delivery. 1.6tdi superb elegance,amethyst purple.A big thank you to pat o'neil at annesley williams cloghran dublin airport. painless stress free handover and super professional.50 minute demonstration of vehicle including park assist(incredible!] synced wife's phone in 2minutes,let me find umbrella in passenger door yesterday,surprise!!!!

My Superb estate was ordered mid April 2010 and arrived early September - about 20 weeks; a colleague ordered his in Feb 2011 and it also arrived in early Sept - more than 20 weeks!

I'm now 15 weeks since ordering, no build week yet, and not expecting delivery until the new year. The wait is a real PITA but I know it'll be worth it.

Car on order is a Superb Estate Elegance 170PS TDI DSG in Amethyst/Ivory/Ivory and options, sunset glass, park assist, electric boot, auto dimming mirror, mats, pano sunroof, 3 spoke wheel with paddles, spare wheel, wood decor, MDI and hill hold.

I know it's going to be amazing...I just want it NOW! (toys out of pram)

It took 4 months and 3 weeks from the order. Actually it came in 4 months and 2 weeks but the finalizing process at the garage lasted approx. one week.

I've never ever experienced such a long delivery time when I've ordered a car. All SAABs I've ordered, have arrived in 6-8 weeks. Well, nowadays it'd take a little longer ;)

Still Skoda is actively advertising their cars but won't mention anything about the delivery time. Bummer! :wonder:

When the car was handovered me the salesman told me that one of his customers had ordered a Skoda Octavia with DSG last October and the guy got it on the same week I got mine! :wall: If I would've been that customer, I would've not waited for that long...