DRL's Again

Ok I have been using these Bulbs for the last six months.

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/mtec-382-p21w-s25-1156-super-white-xenon-bulbs-p-373.html

I have had 2 popped in the last 2 months and gone back to the originals. So this has been costing me about £6.99 every 3 months as they don’t last long.

I have been looking around the internet and have seen that Seat owners have tried the mtec’s like I have but now are using these.

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/3821156ba15s-anti-canbus-white-bulbs-p-2346.html

They have said that they do not show as lamp faults and are Cambus friendly. Also they don’t shine Blue like the mtec’s.

Has anyone tried these?

Just wondered before I spent another £12.99 + p&p.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh poo, Yes, £22.80

Here is the link from the Seat Forum showing some pic of them fitted

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=280269&page=2

And

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3291483

And this link to another web site selling them

http://www.car-mod-shop.co.uk/Canbus%20white%2027%20SMD%20LED%20BA15s%201156%20382%20bulbs

I fitted these in December when I collected the car, but personally I didn't like the colour of them so I removed them just as quickly and went for these LED's instead, which was much better colour IMO (I was after a pure white, without ant blue tint)

Just fitted the LEDs purchased on e-bay mentioned in the previous message and they look great

I was going to ask what the point was of changing the DRL bulbs... although looking at yours they do look quite smart! They'd certainly suit my Steel Grey Combi :)

Any problems, error messages, other drivers flashing (other than those who think we're all running around with our fogs on!!!), etc...?

Just checked the 'bay... none being sold now :(

Edited by Superbalicious

53e2a5a0-7b4f-5752.jpg

My car with LED 6000K (canbus). I paid ~€55... not cheap, but they are made with 4.6w LED high quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Dekagon

It would be great to know what people have bought, and where from.

I understand the reason for the of xenon and yellow lights, but I really want all my lights to be white, its going to be one of the few things I feel the need to change, and hey, you get a spare set of bulbs should any go.

Including the lights in the tail gate to beef up the output in the boot area, cars with big boots and one light are a real pain.

I understand the reason for the of xenon and yellow lights, but I really want all my lights to be white, its going to be one of the few things I feel the need to change, and hey, you get a spare set of bulbs should any go.

Including the lights in the tail gate to beef up the output in the boot area, cars with big boots and one light are a real pain.

Good point about the tailgate... surely these aren't connected via the canbus though...? :|

I was going to ask what the point was of changing the DRL bulbs... although looking at yours they do look quite smart! They'd certainly suit my Steel Grey Combi :)

Any problems, error messages, other drivers flashing (other than those who think we're all running around with our fogs on!!!), etc...?

Just checked the 'bay... none being sold now :(

None at all with mine.

Look at the second link in post #5 and you will find some :thumbup:

As above, look at the second link in post #5 and you will find some :thumbup:

£4.99 seems a bargain to me

Phil

drl02.jpg

That's interesting as the MTEC XENON SUPER WHITE (Chrome Style) NATURAL GLASS 382 P21w 12v Bulbs I fitted look nothing at all like that - despite their name there is a fair bit of blue tint to them, (the Mtec is on the left of the picture and the OE bulb on the right):

MtecvOE.jpg

Hmm, with one photo taken in the dark and another on a snowy day, the white balance in the cameras could be affecting the colours... snowy photos often have a hint of blue to them.

Otherwise I'd say there's some QC issues going on. The bulbs shown via the link appear to be blue in colour tho (at least when viewed on the iPhone).

In the dark the Mtec's look ok like above photo (Phil's car), But in the day thay are like the other photo, Mine look even bluer as I have a white car. But not to worry, I have ordered some LEDS, should be here tomorrow.

In the dark the Mtec's look ok like above photo (Phil's car), But in the day thay are like the other photo, Mine look even bluer as I have a white car. But not to worry, I have ordered some LEDS, should be here tomorrow.

Which LEDs did you get... I'm quite tempted now but there's shed loads of them out there and some of them seem way too cheap :o

Just re-read your op, I'm guessing it's the ones in your link?

Edited by Superbalicious

Got the LED'S Fitted. and wow 500% better, NO Blue tint, can see them in the sun light. Very nice. OK cost £22.80 but loads better. go well with the white car :D:rofl::thumbup:

Any pics mate? I've just ordered a pair today and I can't wait to see what they look like! B)

I will see if I can put some on tomorrow night.

Any luck with the pics?

Had an email from ultraleds.co.uk with a discount code. See below

"Ultraleds is having a Late May Bank Holiday Sale for orders placed online from 28th May until Midnight on Monday 30th May 2011

All orders using the code 22346 (in the voucher/coupon box) when placing an order (online only) will received a 15% discount.

(Discounts Can not be added later if you fail to input the code at time of ordering)

We all hope you have a great Holiday - Ultra Leds Ltd"

How were they do deal with and can you confirm exact bulb needed please? :thumbup:

Got the LED'S Fitted. and wow 500% better, NO Blue tint, can see them in the sun light. Very nice. OK cost £22.80 but loads better. go well with the white car :D:rofl::thumbup:

Will keep an eye out when I'm next round Hinckley :thumbup: Pics would be good when you can.

Can you confirm which site you got them from in the end and which type? Will look to get some in readiness for my Superb arriving. The first mod B)