DRL's Again

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about these? CLICKY

I was looking at those too. I would expect them to have less light output, since they are only 18 smd's instead of the 27 smd from Ultra.

If you give it a try, do not hesitate to post pictures here :D

BTW, I was following a friend on the motorway this week and he called me up on the handsfree just to tell me how good the Ultraleds DRL's looked. Shame they aint got any more.

OK hands up, I have changed to the bulbs from ultraleds.

They ARE much brighter and whiter than the Mtecs I originally swapped over.

Cheers, Phil

Eventually got my LED DRL mounted, and I really think it is a great improvement.

And even for me (my car competence limits to fill up gas and washer fluids) the job was done in 3 minutes and was slightly harder than opening a door. :giggle:

IMG_0995.jpg

What site did you get the bulbs from mate ??

Got them from ultraleds. They're out of stock I'm afraid.

Hi Thanks i used this site before for bulbs.....http://www.xenons.biz its cheaper and free delivery

I have fitted mine. Bit of a struggle to get the nearside grille off infact I think I cracked the back of it. Does anyone else have the lightbulb faliure light come on when they start up. If I switch of and back on again it goes off. :S

Does anyone else have the lightbulb faliure light come on when they start up. If I switch of and back on again it goes off. :S

No mine have worked perfectly without any warning lights.

Hi Thanks i used this site before for bulbs.....http://www.xenons.biz its cheaper and free delivery

Not available from here either from what I can see (only red and amber in stock). Hopefully more stock will arrive in the months to come for those of us who missed out.

Not available from here either from what I can see (only red and amber in stock). Hopefully more stock will arrive in the months to come for those of us who missed out.

Try this site also lads they have them in stock mine were sent out on day of order to Ireland shud have them tomorrow or wed.....http://www.redlineuk.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Try this site also lads they have them in stock mine were sent out on day of order to Ireland shud have them tomorrow or wed.....http://www.redlineuk.co.uk

Hi, do you have the part number from the invoice, i'd love to get them for Greenline.

thanks, Colin

I've done the tailgate downlighters and have now done all the interior lights.

BTW, the footwell light need to be the same as the tailgate ones. i.e. ones that fire sideways ;)

I used these Leds below for the 5 on the roof (they dont need to be anti-Canbus either)they do fire the light straight down, but they sure look good with a good bright spread. Cheap too.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260779061475&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Passed a silver twin door this morning on my way to work (07:30, A19 southbound, near Yarm), anyone on here?

It had the standard DRL's replaced with LED's and it has to be said they looked quite poor!

Much dimmer than standard and too blue. From a distance I expected it to be a lowered Corsa with some LED strips taped to the bumper! Quite obviously non-OEM.

A few minutes earlier I passed a new shape Passat which has a similar DRL set-up to the Superb, these were much brighter and noticeable from a distance, albeit yellow in colour.

A few miles later I then passed a new shape Mondeo with LED DRL's similar to the vRS Octavia, again, very visible and it looked smart / premium.

I don't think the aftermarket LED DRL's that fit into normal bulb holders rather than the strips are quite there yet as you seem to get less benefit from the reflective lens and the ones I saw this morning were more blue than white :thumbdown:

I have to agree, some LEDS aren´t very bright.

Here´s 2 examples.

1, first leds and I thought they were very good.( 68 minileds)

2, after puting other LED bulb, these were excellent ( 24 LED) , the minileds looked pale compared and also a bit to the blue tint.

68 miniled

img0065hv.jpg

24 led ( each indivisual led is bigger = brighter) I´m also further away and zoomed in by cell phone

30062011050.jpg

"Passed a silver twin door this morning on my way to work (07:30, A19 southbound, near Yarm), anyone on here?"

Hi Silver1011, that is moi you passed on the A19, I didn't see you as I usually still have my eyes shut. I agree with the brightness they are not as bright as the normal lamps.

I am having loads of lamp out lights on the dash. I would say 3 out of 5 times need to switch off the ignition and bakc on again. :(

"Passed a silver twin door this morning on my way to work (07:30, A19 southbound, near Yarm), anyone on here?"

Hi Silver1011, that is moi you passed on the A19, I didn't see you as I usually still have my eyes shut. I agree with the brightness they are not as bright as the normal lamps.

I am having loads of lamp out lights on the dash. I would say 3 out of 5 times need to switch off the ignition and bakc on again. :(

See this site, it´s in french but you will see that changing de polarity it works, no need canbus.

Now I have tried this on my Octavia on DRL and reverse LED and does not work, the bulb will not fire up.

Maybe someone here can explain and tell us if it´s possible

http://forumskoda.forumactif.com/t15250-tuto-demontage-antibrouillard-superb2-pour-passage-a-leds

Edited by alberg

I'm not yet fortunate to be a Superb driver, just a wannabe! :giggle: ...

...hence the reason I noticed your car, one day I hope to own a Superb, until then I can only admire other peoples!

I think if you find some brighter ones they will look much more OEM but the current ones certainly make you stand out :thumbup:

How to get at the centre roof bulbs.

Treat it as 4 sections, glasses holder, the part with lights in, and two bit in middle.

Start with 2nd back from screen, use a trim tool like a screwdriver to pull this downwards. insert in the sides of it and it will unclip.

Now do the one to rear of this. work from back, pull down and it will hinge forwards, you can pull this one down with your hands.

Now you see two Torx screws. this removes the whole black plastic section with the the lamps in it. the bulbs are reached from the rear.

Have fun.