DRL's Again

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you all need to change polarity in the wire to use each type of led mentioned in the post?

I purchased a 68 leds bulbs and today i fit them in my new car but not light. With a power supply this leds are right. I think the polarity is reversed.

I don't want to modify any wire, so it should be interesting if you can specify if your led are right with any type of wire modification.

Thanks in advance to all.

Regards.

I don't want to modify any wire, so it should be interesting if you can specify if your led are right with any type of wire modification.

Thanks in advance to all.

Regards.

No you should not need to reverse any wires, simply take out the OE bulb and replace with the LED ones - making sure they are CANBUS compatible ones

No you should not need to reverse any wires, simply take out the OE bulb and replace with the LED ones - making sure they are CANBUS compatible ones

BUT if the LED bulbs have reversed polarity you will have to reverse the wires. But don't do that, better to buy one with correct polarity and of course, have integrated resistors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ 1 i got them they didnt last 2 weeks and 1 of them burnt the plastic holder had some job to cut it out and put back in original bulbs.

Can some 1 give me a site for good led bright bulbs for DRLs please.

Dito.....

img1569tp.jpg

All I can say is that Canbus is Sh&^t, sooner or later they will over heat and die ! This is what exactly happened to one of my Canbus Bulb(about 3 Weeks) ! Then i went to guys who are installing all kind of light effects to your car including Xenons and other thing and they told me to Forget about Canbuss bulbs it can melt lamp and they lasts much less then any NON Canbus bulb! And it will cost you a lot of money to replace melted lamp ! So they put on my car Resistors plus cutted wite and changed them with places because in super + and - have onsite then normal and all was done ! Now I can forgot about about more costly canbus Bulbs !

So I advice you guys One time you will pay maybe little more I payed for mine 50 euros it was including 2 non Canbus Led+Resistors+ work about 40 min

All I can say is that Canbus is Sh&^t, sooner or later they will over heat and die ! This is what exactly happened to one of my Canbus Bulb(about 3 Weeks) ! Then i went to guys who are installing all kind of light effects to your car including Xenons and other thing and they told me to Forget about Canbuss bulbs it can melt lamp and they lasts much less then any NON Canbus bulb! And it will cost you a lot of money to replace melted lamp ! So they put on my car Resistors plus cutted wite and changed them with places because in super + and - have onsite then normal and all was done ! Now I can forgot about about more costly canbus Bulbs !

So I advice you guys One time you will pay maybe little more I payed for mine 50 euros it was including 2 non Canbus Led+Resistors+ work about 40 min

crap, where did u get your led bulbs from?

Thanks..

crap, where did u get your led bulbs from?

Thanks..

I got mine in the tuning shop ! http://bixenon.lv/shop/led/led-diodi-dlja-ognei-povorota-stop-gabaritnih/

Got them here, but I'm pretty shore you have shops in UK were you can get non canbus LED's

And there is so many different light options, Canbus bulbs do not even have half of these....

But as I told you visit garage were guys are installing light effects including led's and xenons ant other useless features... They will be enough educated to put resistors and switch plus with Minus on the wire

Well, I went and ordered a set from Ultraled's from the earlier posts in this thread, and on my Superb, once again, pop them both in, they light up ok, and then the bulb warning light comes on and maxidot says check L / R Daylight running lamp.

5 different suppliers, 5 different "CanBus" Error Free bulbs, and my Superb won't play ball with them.

They obviously work for most other people on here, so if anyone wants a pair of the Ultraled's jobbies (http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/3821156ba15s-anti-canbus-white-bulbs-p-2346.html), you can have them for £20 including postage :) I am just leaving mine switched off.

I've taken my DRL 27LED Ultraled out as Tankdave did. They overheat leaving some residue all over the chrome reflectors. On each side one or two roads of LED's stopped working and on closer inspection some of SMD fells of. So check yours DLR's. I replaced them with these: 1156 8 SMD LED 480LM 8W

The only downside for now is that they are a little bit too short. So the side LED's are not illuminating the chrome reflectors.

2500462-2.jpg

IMG_4568CROP.jpg

IMG_4564_resize.JPG

I had to resolder one connection inside the bulb because only one half of LED’s where emitting light.

Edited by Kuhar

You should do what I did and turn the DRL's off.

No yellow light, no led issues - all solved!! :)

No inferiority complex either! ;) ;)

Steve

Read it again ..... that's what I have done :)

Is the fog lamp unit 'sealed', i was wondering about putting an LED strip in around the bottom edge to make it look Octavia esq?

I've got some of the Ultra LEDs on order but if any over heating, melting or bulb errors then I'll just give up I think.

James.

I cannot understand why ultraled anti canbus bulbs (http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/3821156ba15s-anti-canbus-white-bulbs-p-2346.html) can become hot.

In the specs I read: Power Consumption 280 ma 3.36 Watts

Has anybody already checked what they really consume? I have ordered a set a few days ago and when I got them I'll try to verify the consumption of those lamps with a multimeter. Or has anybody checked this out already?

Found on youtube to eliminate bulb error when installing LED tail lights for VW Golf:

Should something similar be possible for the Superb?

Edited by ernieken

I'm trying to figure out what are the best DRL led bulbs, from the following points of view:

1) do not need to configure car software

2) have a bright light

3) the light is white

If anyone here knows the answer(s) please let me know.

Edited by B777XWX

Hi B777XWX,

So far I am very pleased with these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1156-382-PY21W-XENON-WHITE-CANBUS-27-LED-BULBS-DRL-/280736475615?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415d32a9df#ht_2136wt_1361

Fullfill all 3 requirements you have (mine is the same).

Modifying with load resistors or dummy filament bulbs are also not my cup of tea.