Richard's 09 mkI VRS SE. (and others)

BossFox

Yes, I can drive round the smoke usually by balancing amount of throttle pedal to rpm, but when you are trying to beat your best quarter mile time it's foot down all the way. Sod it.

Haha like that :-)

Good times tho Richard. Would be better if it was cooler :-)

What sort of times are you hoping for from your new project?

I want to be in the 12.something range, the lower the better. ;)

Not sure how low it will go, but it'll be interesting to see.

I'm still convinced this diesel has a 13.5 in it with the right amount of wheel spin at the start to warm the tyres, no headwind and a cooler day.

Maybe a 13.4 if I get really lucky with conditions, but if I chase that it could take me years... :giggle:

Don't want clog up the sale thread, but GLWTS!

Very impressive spec and hope it goes to a fellow Skoda enthusiast who will cherish it as much as you have!

Thanks mate.

Sad to say, but I've made a blunder in my recent reshuffle of cars.

Convinced myself the GT-R had to go and the guy picked it up on Wednesday morning.

But within a few hours I realised I'd made a mistake.

So I am now looking for another one...

Can't justify too many toys or having too much on HP, so as much as I love the Fabia it's time for a new owner to have some fun out of it.

I'll be sad to see it go though.

Sad times bud love your SE, the car is a real credit to you, good luck with the sale also. Wish I had 11k stashed under my mattress lol.

I'm sure the sacrifice will be worthwhile once your the owner of a new GTR, such a clever piece of kit and lots of room for improving the power levels when you finally get bored. Litchfield imports in Tewkesbury have some great levels of tuning available. Went there to use there rolling road.

Sad times bud love your SE, the car is a real credit to you, good luck with the sale also. Wish I had 11k stashed under my mattress lol.

I'm sure the sacrifice will be worthwhile once your the owner of a new GTR, such a clever piece of kit and lots of room for improving the power levels when you finally get bored. Litchfield imports in Tewkesbury have some great levels of tuning available. Went there to use there rolling road.

Thanks.

My last GT-R had the Litchfield stage 4 upgrade. :)

omfg richard what did it push with the stage 4 kit??? it truly is my dream car and understand they make massive power with minor upgrades like Y pipe and map etc etc

next time you get one i would like to hassle you for a trip out pretty please ;-)

Stage 4 takes it to 610-620bhp. 0-100mph in 6.5-6.8 seconds.

To be honest it was a bit mad. Heaven knows what stage 5 and upwards is like, because that's upgraded turbos too which gives 750bhp. But it's about an extra £8k...

All I know is you just sit there and hold onto the steering wheel tightly as the G force tries to pull your hands off the wheel.

omg now thats a proper car and its able to use every bit of the power !!!

how much did it cost to go to the stage 4 ??

i work 2 mins from a nissan dealer and i see these parked there every day and i have told my self i will own one in the next 5 years truly is the best car ever !!! i dont want lambos i dont want ferrari i dont want porsche i want one of these all day long !!

are you going for the newer 12 version ??

No, I'm looking at a MY11. Viewing one on Sunday. MY12 are mad money and will drop 15K in a year!

Got myself in a tricky spot.

I had a MY10 so if I get the same again it's not going to feel much different.

They made quite a lot of changes for MY11. Before that they are quite similar and the new MY12 is not much better. It's just a lot more expensive.

I used to get very frustrated by the soft paint and Nissan customer service.

But this one will be wrapped to save my mental stability and the facelift model services are yearly rather than every six months.

First I need to find one that's in good nick and not overpriced... Not usually easy.

Just don't have a test drive because the damn things get under your skin.

yeah under my skin and i havent even sat in one lol or touched one lol

just so much car and i just love the engineering skill that has gone into it !!! these guys know how to build a monster and for a good price

good luck finding one buddy im jealous !!!

do you think you will go for the stage 4 again or will you leave it alone ??

Spent the morning at Santa Pod today.

Was hoping to beat my 13.609 from last year but I don't think an ambient temp of +26c was helping me very much.

Some launches were quicker a few times than last year, but seemed to be lacking a bit of power.

Ended up with the best two runs being:

13.6672 @ 105.67mpg with traction control on

13.6750 @ 104.47mpg with traction control off

Not bad times, but I was hoping to creep into the 13.5s, particularly as the interior was lighter from the Briskoda How Fast day.

Seats go back in tomorrow...

jl4c0431smpod1.jpg

jl4c0958smpod2.jpg

I think you meant MPH not mpg !

Richard,

Have you tried a 2nd gear start?

(I understand the guilty feeling and trying to be kinder to the car, lol)

I hope the 4x4 Fabia project will still go ahead to completition?

So your selling up and going back to the GT-R. The GT-R must have got a good hold on you. Hope you didnt lose too much the first time round and going to stage 4 so recently.

No, never tried a 2nd gear start. It is supposed to be faster, but grip is not so much an issue on the 888s.

I know some people do it but I don't want to abuse the car. It was built to be fast, not for that really. I'd rather be a tenth or two slower. :)

Fabia 4x4 project is a slow burner. It's still plodding along, but is drip fed money so I don't feel the pain so much.

Yes, tried to convince myself the GT-R was a bit daft, not that much fun and a PITA to keep the paint in good condition. But I don't think I can replace it with anything else, no matter how much I try to convince myself otherwise. Off to look a a year old one tomorrow...

• Like 1

Found this on my friends wall on Facebook.

Wonder who that is!

It's a lightened Civic (1100kg) with about 230bhp. Had a good chat with the owner.

I ran next to him twice and won by 0.3 and 0.2 seconds. :D

The second time he had a better start, but once in third the diesel torque did it's job.

Runs 3 and 4.

times260512.jpg

Put a deposit down this morning on a very nice MY11 GT-R. One year old, one owner from new and only 3761 miles on the clock.

For a good price too via a private advert. :)

• Like 2