Richard's 09 mkI VRS SE. (and others)

BossFox

Thanks for the positive comments guys.

Been quiet over the winter, but Castle Combe Brisky track taster session and the "Briskoda How Fast?" event coming up which I am really looking forward to. :)

Fabia is in for it's service and 1st MOT with Jabbasport currently.

It's three years old (technically, despite being built in 2007) on the 31st March.

Awww its coming of age :D

Looks really clean, mine is err a rough 'un as its used and abused!

How did you find the grip at Santa Pod? I am .3 seconds quicker from 0-60ft and all the way up to 330ft, which I guess some can be down to the weight your shifting over me, but I was running normal road tyres T1-R's, how do you find the 888's?

The 888s give you bit more bite off the line. Probably worth a couple of tenths, but the surface is quite sticky there.

You notice the benefit of the 888s more on the road... in the dry! :D

If you have a walk about by the start line you can feel the surface sticking to the soles of your shoes at Santa Pod.

On the 888s I can still get a good slip in first (or the traction cotnrol working away) and then a chirp of the tyres as I go into second at the Pod.

Just read the full thread and I've got to say wow! Your Fabia is an amazing car. Quite possibly the nicest one here. The detailing pics were blinding! It literally hurt my eyes! Fair play on getting the GTR I can't imagine how much of a beast that is. Well done your hard work and determination has paid off

What did your car do for the 2 years before you registered it? Lol

Sat in a showroom from what I was told.

Either that, or it was left in the car park and they forgot it was there... no way to be sure, but it's in great condition.

Sat in a showroom from what I was told.

Either that, or it was left in the car park and they forgot it was there... no way to be sure, but it's in great condition.

Was there any miles on it? It's a one off that's for sure :)

• Like 1

Was there any miles on it? It's a one off that's for sure :)

It was first registered to the dealer on the 31st March 2009.

About 10 miles on the clock when the first owner bought it in April 2009. (he paid £12k)

I bought it in January 2011 with 20k miles on the clock (for £8k) and it's now sitting at around 23k miles.

First MOT next week. :)

• 2 weeks later...

omg its happening then :p Are youn going to set up another project thread for the new beast? =]

Yes, it appears I have finally lost all of my marbles. :rofl:

Wasn't sure to continue here or start a new thread... maybe something in the Fabia Project section would be more sensible.

It's where I should have put this in the first place probably! :)

• Like 1

Well, a mod has kindly moved my "idea" thread from the Fabia I section to the Fabia Projects section.

I'll be able to keep a log of what I'm doing from the idea I had before I'd even bought a car or any parts. Let's hope it ends well! :D

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/233213-fabia-mki-4x4-turbo-petrol-my-crazy-idea/page__pid__2739404__st__30#entry2739404

• 3 weeks later...

It must come to castle coombe... With penalty of poke in the eye :D

It comes to castle combe and I'll ban him! ;) With access to about 4 Skodas in various forms there is no excuse to bring the datsun. :D

(I recounted, make that FIVE :D)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the Fabia had it's first MOT today and passed with flying colours.

One of the tyres is really, really close to the 1.6mm limit so it looks like trailer time for the Briskoda "How Fast?" session on Monday.

It'll be illegal for the drive back otherwise... :(

As my two spares just went on the front (old ones dead in 2300 miles) I'm waiting on an order for some more.

Roll on Brisky How Fast! :D Stay away rain!

Did a bit of weight saving yesterday. I want to see if it makes much difference and use the car like this at Santa Pod within a month or so.

I noticed on the Briskoda Action day at Castle Combe a fair number of Fabias had no rear seats.

So I stripped them out and weighed everything to the nearest kg. (according to my bathroom scales)

For info: ( I couldn't find this anywhere on Briskoda so thought I'd post it up)

Driver seat with height adjustment = 22kg.

Passenger seat, no height but 6 disc CD = 20kg.

60% rear back cushion = 15kg.

40% rear back cushion = 8kg.

60% rear base cushion = 4kg.

40% rear base cushion = 2kg.

Spare wheel = 17kg.

Tools in spare wheel = 3kg.

Parcel shelft = 1kg.

Total = 92kg.

I then bolted in my two bucket seats I bought for the new project. :) It doesn't neeed them yet.

9kg each because the box section to mount them on the Fabia floor is steel, it weighs 5kg per seat! So they need lightening or making from aluminium.

Still a weight saving of 74kg though with both bucket seats in.

Not bad, that makes it around 5.7% lighter according to the published kerbweight with two seats.

That's going to make a fair difference Richard. I've still got my rear seats and spare/ tools out from Combe, I love it!

No excuse for not doing second gear starts on the 1/4 mile now!