Finally coiled my vrs

After a lot of messing around whilst i swapped jobs i finnally fitted my coils. There wound pretty low and still very comfortable and with the bar as well the car is so taut now with barely any roll.

Roundabouts are even better now and I cant wait till it settles as i may go lower at the front.

Its getting corner weighted and tracked next week so should be even better.

Heres a few pics for those who are interested.

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

And this is it before

IMG_0090-1.jpg

The coils were £550 and the bar was £170 all in from dpm.

Definately worth doing as i kept up with a clio 200 down some twisties today as well lol

looks good, what coilovers did you go for?

be aware though that going to low will potentially make the handling worse as the roll centres will be out.Id say you would likely sink below that point if you go lower.

Liking the colour combo of the car though, really suits it.

Have you found the stability control and traction control have stopped cutting in so early now?

Great car of course but for me thats to low all ready, but I am the wrong side of 40 now :giggle: .

hi stug hows your insurance now that you have lowered it would like to lower the roomy if i have the car lowered and new wheels

with the insurance aim with now will be about 750.00 fully comp with pro tec bouns pete

hi stug hows your insurance now that you have lowered it would like to lower the roomy if i have the car lowered and new wheels

with the insurance aim with now will be about 750.00 fully comp with pro tec bouns pete

Hi Pete, its not me thats done the lowering its Duffman502. ;)

There the weitecs fixed damping ones. And in corners when the stability control came on before im going considerable faster and it doesnt come on at all they have helped that much. Im intending to keep it all balanced and the roll centre spot on as much as i can but i might have to raise the back as it might rub a bit at the front if i go too much lower.

Looks good mate. I think the back looks lower than the front (although that may be the picture or my eye sight :p). Was that what you intended?

Any chance of pictures showing the RARB undernearth the car?

Good to see it improves handly. Very interested to hear an extensive review from you when you've tested it and used it a bit more. :thumbup:

Weirdly, I prefered it before it was lowered! Lovely car though :)

at least I am not the only one, it look very low. My dad has issues with his greenline grounding and his at standard greenline height. His engine undertray and the bottom of his car are battle scarred quiet badly as it runs slightly lower than a standard furby 2. The RARB is a great idea though, and that on its own would have improved the handling dramatically.

I am very surprised that the insurance ha not increased, because the temptation to go faster is now there (you have already said you can go faster) because when the car does let go now it will be far more dramatic and you will have less warning that you are on the edge. Nothing can over come the laws of physics, and even ESP may not be enough to help as it may be to late when it does go.

I was quite surprised as well at the insurance but as i wouldnt be replacing like for like as long i informed them they were on there its ok. I think it because my company doesnt actually cover modifications full stop. Which is a pain.

Either way i never drive dangerously only as conditions and visibility allow. The track is the place for on the edge driving and i wont be taking it there lol

After a lot of messing around whilst i swapped jobs i finnally fitted my coils. There wound pretty low and still very comfortable and with the bar as well the car is so taut now with barely any roll.

Roundabouts are even better now and I cant wait till it settles as i may go lower at the front.

Its getting corner weighted and tracked next week so should be even better.

Heres a few pics for those who are interested.

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

And this is it before

IMG_0090-1.jpg

The coils were £550 and the bar was £170 all in from dpm.

Definately worth doing as i kept up with a clio 200 down some twisties today as well lol

I can't see any suspension parts listed for the newer Fabia... did you have to ring about the items?

Yeah i just gave him a ring to order it in there pretty good and can sort you out with most things as for the lowering i think i must have taken about 60 or 70mm all round and it is a fair bit firmer yes but only a problem on big speed bumps