East Midlands Meet - Tuesday 28th June 2011 - Junc 28 M1

Brimma

The next monthly meet for the East Midlands lot!

Venue: The Snipe at Sutton, Alfreton Road, Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire NG17 1JE (just off the A38 off M1 J28 heading towards Mansfield) - See here for a map

For those using sat nav - if you put in 295 Alfreton Road, you'll be about 150 yds away from the pub

Date: Tuesday 28th June 2011

Time: 7:30pm

All welcome

Well at 7.30pm it wasn't looking too promising - there were 3 of us!! But in the end it was a good turnout

john"the scavenger"999boy managed to polish off most peoples' leftovers, and somehow managed to terrorise the female contingent by getting his hands on Nick's camera

Several burning topics of world importance were discussed, such as:-

- Ribena and port for

- 'curtains' haircuts

- eating apple pie out of a pint glass

- cream pies (whatever they are, Nick)

- mobile phone software

- a little bit about cars

Good news this month was that the Snipe is no longer closing for refurbishment, so it's business as usual

Feel free to cut and paste the list if attending

Brimma - black Octavia vRS estate or blue Seat Toledo SE

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if I'm still welcome or not, but I'll turn up and see if I can behave this month

Brimma - black Octavia vRS estate or blue Seat Toledo SE

Softscoop - Fabia vRS

Nem - Blue Titty.

I'm due to relocate to Lincoln on the 20th June, and will be working/training in Mansfield Woodhouse for the first two weeks, so I may come if funds allow and my schedule fits in with the meet :thumbup:

Will add my name on when I know more, would be good to meet some Lincolners though!

I'm due to relocate to Lincoln on the 20th June, and will be working/training in Mansfield Woodhouse for the first two weeks, so I may come if funds allow and my schedule fits in with the meet :thumbup:

Will add my name on when I know more, would be good to meet some Lincolners though!

Always good to get new faces coming along :thumbup:

I'll do my damned hardest to attend, Mrs Goldfinger may come for some noshLast one I attended was very enjoyable

We're a friendly bunch, so it's hardly surprising you're keen to return Andy - you're very welcome :thumbup:

You been a naughty boy??

Conversation normally starts at gutter level, then Nick manages to take it that bit lower B) Funny though :rofl:

Well, it's in my calender... but I really can't commit yet as it's a friends birthday.

The main celebrations will be the weekend before, so may have the 28th free.. but could go either way, so ya might see me, ya might not :)

I'll update if I CAN come, otherwise assume not :(

Well, it's in my calender... but I really can't commit yet as it's a friends birthday.

The main celebrations will be the weekend before, so may have the 28th free.. but could go either way, so ya might see me, ya might not :)

I'll update if I CAN come, otherwise assume not :(

Don't worry, we're not anal enough to require exact numbers :no:

We'll see you if we see you :thumbup:

I think we'll JUST be able to get to this one.... We'll be well in to the introductions stage with our little boy and this day in particular we'll be having a full day with him and will be getting him ready for bed so we may come down straight from his foster carers.... If all goes to plan we'll be bringing him home for good two days after this meet!!!!! emoticon-0104-surprised.gifemoticon-0104-surprised.gifemoticon-0104-surprised.gif

Cheers

Dave.

I think we'll JUST be able to get to this one.... We'll be well in to the introductions stage with our little boy and this day in particular we'll be having a full day with him and will be getting him ready for bed so we may come down straight from his foster carers.... If all goes to plan we'll be bringing him home for good two days after this meet!!!!! emoticon-0104-surprised.gifemoticon-0104-surprised.gifemoticon-0104-surprised.gif

Cheers

Dave.

We'll forgive you if you're a little excited then :-)

Cheers

Dave.

Great news. I hope it all goes well B)

Just a thought.

With Inters this weekend, the meet next Tuesday and Shark FTOTM the week after. I'm not going to get a pass out to everything. I guess a few other people will be in the same boat :dull:

I will be either at this meet next week (which I think I will be) or the Shark meet the week after.

Forgot i'm on holiday W/C 4th July so sorry Ben wont make it to the Shark meet :doh:

Has anybody got any ideas for what I can do in Mansfield (or that area) for 3 hours, from 4-7, before the meet. If there's something appealing (and cheap!) then I'll come along! Would go shopping but I imagine everywhere will close at 5:30!!

Its been along time so I may pop down to see you all for a change, but If I do I won't be stopping too long. The late nights messes me up for work & with my workload at the moment I don't fancy being creamed crackered all week.

Has anybody got any ideas for what I can do in Mansfield (or that area) for 3 hours, from 4-7, before the meet. If there's something appealing (and cheap!) then I'll come along! Would go shopping but I imagine everywhere will close at 5:30!!

You could go and keep the Sharkmeister company - he'll most likely still be at work :thumbup:

Its been along time so I may pop down to see you all for a change, but If I do I won't be stopping too long. The late nights messes me up for work & with my workload at the moment I don't fancy being creamed crackered all week.

Are you a noob? :rofl: