most pointless factory extra , which one

well I went for a few but didn't opt for the smokers pack - £40 for a fag lighter and a cup (ashtray)! Daylight robbery!

Agreed! I thought that was to get a lighter lights fitted, dealer told me otherwise!

Hmmm theres a few on the Fabia, being a small cheap car its impressive some of the options available but most not warranted on a car like this....for me probably heated seats, only a requirement with a leather interior in my book

I had heated seats on my vRS and they're great - even in June in this tropical typically British summer climate I have found myself using them and they're great - although setting 2 does get a bit too hot in my opinion (won't be saying that come winter no doubt!)

I also had the third rear headrest, but in hindsight probably shouldn't have bothered.

I specced bluetooth/heatedseats/steeringwheel. Use them all quite regularly. I'd have to say the most pointless extra I saw was the 3rd headrest. Why spec a headrest for £65?

I've got to disagree on the DSG, it really is a fantastic gearbox once you get used to it.

Also for people who want an auto or only have an auto licence its great bit of fun to play with the paddles :p

Edited by LewJo

integrated headlight washers -£90

smokers pack - £40

tyre pressure monitor - £100

storage box under passanger seat wtf -£40 my least favourite of the options

in my monte i went for the 3rd head rest and heated seats lol :|

I've always been put off getting heated seats because they used to weigh a lot and I'd only use them a couple of times a year.

In our harsh winters Im sure you'd use them more than 'a couple of times a year'.... also if your up and out on a cold morning even in summer they'll come in handy!

I specced bluetooth/heatedseats/steeringwheel. Use them all quite regularly. I'd have to say the most pointless extra I saw was the 3rd headrest. Why spec a headrest for £65?

I have to agree with this somewhat...problem with the Fabia is that its pretty skinny. If you went three up in the back you'd probably only be able to confortably get 2 adults and a child (in the middle) in the back...3 adults would be pushing it. Middle seat really isnt adequate for adult occupation. Given that, a child is unlikely to be tall enough to benefit from the middle restraint. This is what I thought when we ordered ours so didnt bother.

Our old Polo had one and it didnt get used once.

I think Heated Seats are only truely appreciated by folk who work really early. I regularly climb into my car at 6:00am in winter either before or after a shift, and its painfully cold.

Worst factory option: Front armrest - utterly useless and obstructive.

Agree....a throwback from the MK4 Golf. Has a useful cubby but as an armrest is a pain and tends to get in the way, particularly if you like it set low then want to use the handbrake.

whats your point ;)

In the Golf do you have to lift the armrest each time you use the handbrake. I'm used to an armrest in the Megane and C4, but i haven't specced one in the Fabia.

Worst option for me is those silly boxes under the seats. They're free on the C4 and i've never known what they're for. I hate clutter in a car and don't even use the door pockets.

Hmm, third headrest not a good idea.... Well, what do you think will happen if you put three adults in the backseat just to grab a lunch five minutes away. Suddenly, when you're sitting at a redlight *kablam* someone didn't notice you were standing still and rear ended you in 25mph. Your buddy that was seated in the middle will be remoting his wheelchair with a straw if lucky..

Third headrest is a good thing, box under seat not as good.

@javerhammer, wrong wrong wrong. centre headrests dont have the same level of adjustment as the outer ones, wouldnt protect an adults neck in an accident. Also I think youre scenario of someone becoming a paraplegic or dying after a rear end shunt like that is a bit overdramatic, yes they may get severe whiplash or if unlucky some sort of neck injury but dont think they'd end up dead or in a chair

Smokers pack as well for me, I used to be a smoker (well still do sometimes) but still never understood why anyone would want to smoke in car and smell even worse than you usually would after smoking. ;)

Love the centre arm rest and DSG gearbox is fantastic!!! :yes:

Great thread Turbo Dezzel zz :thumbup: