Your Yeti pet hate?

Press the "Phone" button on the Bolero.................sound is muted!

Not on mine. Just says phone not connected and doesn't mute (obviously if phone connected it gives phone options)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

As standard they wash every fifth time the windscreen is washed (when the lights are on and only when the lights are on).

I sometimes wonder if mine are screwy as they typically will always squirt the first time i use the washers on any given day?

They will then go into the pattern of every fifth squirt but the first time in a "new start" day they will always was the headlights as well.

I'm sure it was already covered but rain run off onto my arm when you open the window is probably the major annoyance.

I don't get on with the "automatic" wipers either but that is the same on all the cars I've ever had with them fitted so not a yeti issue.

Not on mine. Just says phone not connected and doesn't mute (obviously if phone connected it gives phone options)

Our previous one did, March 2012.

But now on Columbus.

I sometimes wonder if mine are screwy as they typically will always squirt the first time i use the washers on any given day?

They will then go into the pattern of every fifth squirt but the first time in a "new start" day they will always was the headlights as well.

Erm, AlleyCat I thought it went without saying that the headlight washers come on the FIRST time the windscreen is washed (with the lights being on) and THEN, thereafter every fifth time... I also thought it goes without saying that this RESETS every time you switch the car off... :think:

• Like 2

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Perhaps it only works if you don't have Blueteeth, like mine.

• Like 2

Perhaps it only works if you don't have Blueteeth, like mine.

That is probably the case, without bluetooth it becomes a mute button. As the PHONE button remains.

Erm, AlleyCat I thought it went without saying that the headlight washers come on the FIRST time the windscreen is washed (with the lights being on) and THEN, thereafter every fifth time... I also thought it goes without saying that this RESETS every time you switch the car off... :think:

I don't understand why it HAS to work like that?

Just because it does, doesn't mean i expect it has to :wonder:

The brain for remembering the squirt pattern could be always on power wise or be stored in some sort of non volatile memory.

A car stored in a garage, for example, isn't going to suddenly have lights covered in junk just because i've parked up.

Also with automagic headlights, a first for me, i don't know how it supposed to behave.

It could have been based on the lights coming on that reset it.

Anyway thanks for clearing it up that it does behave like that across the board.

A car stored in a garage, for example, isn't going to suddenly have lights covered in junk just because i've parked up.

Also with automagic headlights, a first for me, i don't know how it supposed to behave.

It could have been based on the lights coming on that reset it.

You need to ask this question to them Germans that designed the logic! But yes you are right - a car just out of a garage need not have a headlight wash on the first go. But then one parked outside in Sweden in winter might need a (heated) squirt or two right from the word go. So to err on the side of caution, all of us get to have the squirt on start up (with the lights on). Not the end of the world in my book.

• Like 2

Or click-press the volume control on the MFSW

That brings up the annoying woman demanding that yoy speak some commands to her.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

That brings up the annoying woman demanding that yoy speak some commands to her.

I amused my mate arguing with her on a day trip to France a while back, he found it hilarious that she didn't seem to understand anything I said, and I'm apparently clearly spoken... :wall:

Pet hate, the assumption that because you drive a yeti you're a crumbly with a pipe and slippers. :p

I'll get my coat.

That's me!!! :hi:
  • Like 1

To clean the headlights!

If your screen is dirty then so are your lights, especially if you have got HID lights, as the dirt causes scatter and annoyance.

And if you know someone with VCDS you can get it changed to every 10 windscreen squirts instead.

It's the amount of washer fluid i go through that annoys me....fortunately my night vision is very good so the reduced lighting doesn't bother me.

Br

JeZ

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

ref headlight washers. when/if its safe to do so, flick light switch to side then press wiper. afaik only wipers on screen work in this position!

• Like 1

You need to ask this question to them Germans that designed the logic! But yes you are right - a car just out of a garage need not have a headlight wash on the first go. But then one parked outside in Sweden in winter might need a (heated) squirt or two right from the word go. So to err on the side of caution, all of us get to have the squirt on start up (with the lights on). Not the end of the world in my book.

Personally I find I always need a good long squirt first thing in the morning. :giggle:

• Like 2

And that'll be after two or three during the night as well, eh?

Not since I went in for my second rebore ... no need to squirt, sprinkle or tinkle until dawn! :rofl:

Personally I find I always need a good long squirt first thing in the morning. :giggle:

Oh Robert... just when we thought it might be safe :giggle:

Oh Robert... just when we thought it might be safe :giggle:

What? Just saying that round here on these country lanes we get quite a bit of mud thrown up by the tractors and my headlamps need a good clean ... :angel:

• Like 3