VRS rear mudflaps

KEA 600 002 and KEA 600 001

Hi all, picked up my flaps today part numbers shown above, £46 for the 2 sets. Both were the square type and as previous threads the rounded ones are only available as OE for the rear. The front square ones went on with no bother at all, just put the wheel on full lock and remove the 4 torx screws, start with the top one in the flap and locate each 1 by a few treads until you've got them all started then do them all up. takes about 10 minutes at the most. the rears were not so easy. I tried fitting them with the rear wheels on but gave up in the end. Next problem the Blackline has no jack! apparently Skoda don't supply 1 as you haven't got a spare wheel so why do you need a jack... seems their rationale is to call out skoda assist. so out with the hydrolic jack instead- there's no wheel brace either so you'll need either a socket set or someone elses. Again as a few others have said they're not an exact fit. I put mine in hot water as suggested and they slipped on after removing the 3 torx screws, but I've got gaps at the back of the mudflaps near the bottom where the profile of the rear quarter on the BL is different to the shape of the slots. I managed to get all the torx screws back in ok, but there were also gaps on the inside of the wheel arch at the bottom where the flap didn't sit flat on the rear 1/4. I got over this by filling in thae gaps with some black silicone so the water won't go down between the wheel arch liner and the flaps. Has everyone else had the same problem or did you find a way to get them to fit better than I did and still get the torx screws back in place?

Just to throw a spanner in the works a little (and it's only my observation) but my Blackline has gone in to the dealer again this morning and I have been given a hire car as a good will gesture - it's a the 1.6 tdi with the rounded style flaps on the rear and from my casual observations (after driving along a road next to a building site) is that they seem to be almost next to useless. They only project below the bottom of the bumper by about an inch or so and the bumper is still covered in gunk that has been thrown up by the wheels. They seem to be more of a style addition rather than having any proper protective use.

Hi Chappers, what's wrong with your BL?- fromwht you've said looks like you've got a reoccuring problem or a number of them?

KEA 600 002 and KEA 600 001

Hi all, picked up my flaps today part numbers shown above, £46 for the 2 sets. Both were the square type and as previous threads the rounded ones are only available as OE for the rear. The front square ones went on with no bother at all, just put the wheel on full lock and remove the 4 torx screws, start with the top one in the flap and locate each 1 by a few treads until you've got them all started then do them all up. takes about 10 minutes at the most. the rears were not so easy. I tried fitting them with the rear wheels on but gave up in the end. Next problem the Blackline has no jack! apparently Skoda don't supply 1 as you haven't got a spare wheel so why do you need a jack... seems their rationale is to call out skoda assist. so out with the hydrolic jack instead- there's no wheel brace either so you'll need either a socket set or someone elses. Again as a few others have said they're not an exact fit. I put mine in hot water as suggested and they slipped on after removing the 3 torx screws, but I've got gaps at the back of the mudflaps near the bottom where the profile of the rear quarter on the BL is different to the shape of the slots. I managed to get all the torx screws back in ok, but there were also gaps on the inside of the wheel arch at the bottom where the flap didn't sit flat on the rear 1/4. I got over this by filling in thae gaps with some black silicone so the water won't go down between the wheel arch liner and the flaps. Has everyone else had the same problem or did you find a way to get them to fit better than I did and still get the torx screws back in place?

I fitted my rears tonight with similar results, gap at bottom that you can see, not too bothered about inside edge. I will leave clean if I decide to take them off. Nothing a jetwash won't shift.

Thats because there are four holes...

The second to last needs drilling on the vRS as it doesn't line up...

Octaviarearmudflap.jpg

Must have a look at mine again sometime its an FL but can't remember how many holes I didnt have any left and I didn't need to drill still on car solid after 18 odd months. No water and wheels left on in my case just slid them on very little drama bar having man sized hands and the small gap left. I think I used a small socket with the appropriate screwdriver bit to allow for the angle just, or a flexi extension.

Thats because there are four holes...

The second to last needs drilling on the vRS as it doesn't line up...

Octaviarearmudflap.jpg

On my FL VRs all three on the left lined up no problem however the last screw (right) does not have a screw (there is physically no screw to undo or a hole) just done 300miles with no issues.

The fourth screw you have missed screws through a small metal clip that slides over the fabric wheelarch liner (a bit like a paper clip).

Mine is a pre-FL, I can't imagine they would but perhaps they've changed the design.

Either way three out of four screws is enough to hold them tight.

The fourth screw you have missed screws through a small metal clip that slides over the fabric wheelarch liner (a bit like a paper clip).

Mine is a pre-FL, I can't imagine they would but perhaps they've changed the design.

Either way three out of four screws is enough to hold them tight.

I will double check but I don't recall seeing a screw as I was quite surprised that there wasn't one (maybe the design has changed) your right 3 or 4 it's not going to budge.

I know the type of clip your on about so i could get a couple and similar screws from the local motor factors and secure.

Hi Chappers, what's wrong with your BL?- fromwht you've said looks like you've got a reoccuring problem or a number of them?

You could say that - it's been compounded by shocking treatment from the dealer. I'll not hijack this thread - it's covered here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/255235-front-door-locks/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have a set on ebay for £5

Post a link, your a freedom member after all! Shouldn't take long to shift them at that price!