shark remap

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom one going to the intercooler did. I followed advise on here to screw 4 screws each at 90 degree angles into the lip. All i did was drill a pilot hole hen screw bigger screws through I then fully sealed around this with silicone and it was fine after that with some hammer

kl i think i mite do this just a precation lol give me something to tinker with lol did you have to take the bumper off? as av got some bulbs to fit n as all german cars it will b easier to take the headlight unit out lol so might as well do them at the same time

Have you tried every tuners maps then lol?

I think there is an obviouse answer to that :no:

There is so many diffrent maps available, and how tuner consider to be the "optimum" map. Some can be better than others, but that would be more down to driver preferance. Certainly what ive heard, dont think ive heard a bad comment about shark.

Did you notice the IMO bit, means in my opinion, I had a angel map on my fab and it was cack so went shark and then it was amazing, my mate had awesome and went shark same result, Gavin chapel took his hybrid tuned by awesome again **** and fixed by shark

So I have a few reasons to say this.

Gavin chapel took his hybrid tuned by awesome again **** and fixed by shark

Indeed. Very happy Shark customer here, much better than Awesome's map IMO (MUCH less smoke, better power curve, no unusable torque spike).

As a sidenote, might as well dig out the "highest power" thread and knock my name off, since my "240bhp" car only did 202 with Awesome's map and now 200 with Shark's map. Feels much better on the road though despite having less power and torque than before, so yet more proof that figures are nice for a bit of banter, but they're not the be-all-and-end-all.

Edited by gavinchappell

IMO it's also things like the below quote that make Shark one of the better companies to deal with.

Which is complete rubbish and all part of the usual sales patter.

A remap is detectable. It takes 5 minutes to read from a 1.9TDI ECU and compare it to a standard map. You could even train a monkey to do it.

Don't get me wrong, I want people to bring their cars in for mapping as much as the next tuning company, but customers generally hear what they want to hear. Most tuning companies will hit you with the "not detectable" thing but we're more professional than that and would rather tell the truth and the whole truth, even if it means losing a sale.

240hp from standard PD130 injectors is impossible. Simple as that.

Jabba's stage 3 cars push 265-285bhp (depending on what rollers are used) though?

If BossFox (CT17) brings his car to you with his standard injectors and runs more than 240bhp, will you publicly admit that you're wrong? :)

Jabba's stage 3 cars push 265-285bhp (depending on what rollers are used) though?

If BossFox (CT17) brings his car to you with his standard injectors and runs more than 240bhp, will you publicly admit that you're wrong? :)

Do the 265-285hp cars rev above 7000rpm?

Over 240hp fueled from standard injectors will get a free dyno run and I will publicly admit I was wrong after that.

I would actually like to see this -

So that would also mean that the difference between me running my standard PD150 turbo compared to a hybrid 150 would only be about a 20-25bhp difference? If I am running supposedly around 190-195bhp with mine.

I'm not disagreeing, it just says a lot if Jabba can push out a car that they give a print-out of 266bhp for (with more to go) and then it runs under 240bhp on your rollers...

Yes, it does. Thats why I just calculate how much fuel in theory the injectors can produce and calculate the horsepower (in theory, 208hp at 5355rpm) from there.

266hp with more to go is just a lie.