New Octy delivery times?

Ordered Octy Scout on 15th December 2010, informed it was built last week in August and has left the factory. I can reasonably expect to see it 3rd week in Sept (I say reasonably)that will be a good 10 month wait..............

I was told by my dealer a short while back that due to the continued problems with delivery of various Skodas that Skoda UK had placed a large stock order of various cars, models, equipment levels in an effort to at least get some supply going, so not sure when that was happening but my dealer has told me that if you want one of those ordered ones delivery is a matter of a few weeks rather than the months that people are waiting.

I ordered mine on March 31st and collected July 18th.

I ordered my 2.0 cr DSG 4x4 estate 1st of July, told to expect it around Jan / Feb next year.

Less than a week later got a build week 38! this moved to 34, it is now at the docks in Germany awaitng shipping.

Hope to have it in the next week or two. :)

Wow can't believe you guys are waiting 5+ months for your orders. Ordered mine on the 2nd August and it's due to be built on build week 38 which is Sep 19th so should get it 3 weeks after that.

Gave you ordered anything weird?

Given the dealership a *******ing? :p

I've ordered a 2.0 4x4 Octy estate back in early april was due mid Nov now told mid/early January..... bit miffed to be honest :wonder: , other guys ordered similar times to me but they are Yeti's and now due earlier mid / late October.

Its a crazy game seeing how there is so much demand for these cars yet they still continue to hold on to their profits rather than invest in some more factory lines

roll on January!

ordered 5door hatch vRS, racing blue, no extra's

28th May order accepted, i was told 20 - 24 weeks when i ordered, but that changed a little and it will be with the dealer at the end of september and to me a week or so later.

so for me i was told 20 - 24 weeks and it will take around 17 - 18 weeks before i pick it up :)

Picked up my 4x4 DSG today, around 10 or 11 weeks start to finish, and it came with Amundson satnav and Maxidot which I never ordered :) It don't have the 6 CD changer but thats no problem, rather have the satnav, but have to wait for the set up disc to come as it wasn't with the car.

As of yet it drives much better as Auto than the C4 Picasso EGS we had 2yrs ago.

I've ordered a 2.0 4x4 Octy estate back in early april was due mid Nov now told mid/early January..... bit miffed to be honest :wonder: , other guys ordered similar times to me but they are Yeti's and now due earlier mid / late October.

Its a crazy game seeing how there is so much demand for these cars yet they still continue to hold on to their profits rather than invest in some more factory lines

roll on January!

I was at the factory recently, and it looks like they are clearing ground for some expansion, so maybe they saw your post and thought they should sort things out :)

I was at the factory recently, and it looks like they are clearing ground for some expansion, so maybe they saw your post and thought they should sort things out :)

AdyP (off topic, sorry)

Did you go on an organised tour to the factory or did you just turn up for a visit. Going to Prague next September on holiday and fancied a visit. Hopefully my Octavia 2.0TDi 4x4 will be deliverd December!! just thought I would give it a run back with a caravan LOL

Edited by Yorkshire

• 1 month later...

Just got a email from the Lease company, other collegues yeti's still on scheldule but Octy 4x4's now put back till March.... why should I have to wait almost 10 months for a Bl*ody car, abselutely steaming and wanting a target for a polite letter, any ideas who should recieve such a letter, I suppose the threat of cancelling wouldn't bother them in the least as it would still sell.

A the bottom of the email it said 'The only vehicles that can be delivered at relatively short notice are Kias'.....

help?

I avoided all the hassle, got the car I wanted (2.0 TDI Estate)in days, at a price way below list;

Pre registered, but with 9 miles on clock!

Am happy, car is as new as it would be if I had ordered it.

I avoided all the hassle, got the car I wanted (2.0 TDI Estate)in days, at a price way below list;

Pre registered, but with 9 miles on clock!

Am happy, car is as new as it would be if I had ordered it.

Where from?

• 2 months later...

Anyone taken delivery recently? How long was your wait after ordering?

Just got an email from my boss, Car is in build and due and of the month :D.. not long now before ~I give those rally sections in Wales a good thrashing...

Was talking with my dealer today and he said the longer delays were on 4x4 and DSG, so any vehicles with these are likely to experience longer lead times as there isn't sufficient supply to meet demand across the VW group.

Ordered my Vrs dsg diesel estate on 30th december, dealer says it should be 10-12 weeks for delivery. My last Vrs dsg diesel estate took 16 weeks from order to delivery in 2010 so hope

dealer is near the mark with his delivery prediction.

Order ours a day after ;) I was told 12 weeks at least build time, I said fine keep it until the new reg comes out gives me more time to sell the other two cars B)

I still can't get over being offered the Tdi for LESS than the petrol :):giggle: No brainer for me TDi DSG Xenons,front and rear sensors, Black seats,

Edited by rs939

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered my 1.8TSI L&K on 6.12.11, told today that it has a build date, and expected at the dealers in about three weeks. Asked if I could have it with new reg., but salesman said that Skoda want payment within ten days of delivery. Anyone else had this info., is there any way round it? Friend of mine ordered an Elegance DSG early October 2011, and still has not heard anything!

Ordered my 1.8TSI L&K on 6.12.11, told today that it has a build date, and expected at the dealers in about three weeks. Asked if I could have it with new reg., but salesman said that Skoda want payment within ten days of delivery. Anyone else had this info., is there any way round it? Friend of mine ordered an Elegance DSG early October 2011, and still has not heard anything!

Your dealer is correct, but ask your dealer to put the required date to a few days before March 1st, then if it arrived in the UK earlier it will sit at the port until its required date, then it will be put on a lorry and then delivered, its 10 working days from arrival at the dealer, not the port in the UK.

I asked for mine for September 1st, but it came quite early, mid-July and being an impaitient sod I wanted it, but it was being held at the port until the release date, so they had to do soem jiggery pokery and it was released, job done :-)