age of the person who drives a fabia vrs or monte carlo

curs

• 5 weeks later...

Just turned 38 and picking up my first Skoda VRS in March.  Insurance quoted £221 with 14 NCB and excess of £200.  Current car is £728 for Audi a4 2.0 TFSI.  Big savings for me and main reason for switching.

hi, me and gf 44 and last car was a smart 4two,now vrs :love: i have 10 years ncd and gf new driver only passed test  18 months ago. insurance=£245 fully comp for us.very happy with car(the loud green one with black roof/wheels)get alot of looks/people don"t know what it is.(we are both boy/girl racers now and love a burn up with these young boy racers :giggle:

• Like 1

I'm 22, got a 62 plate vrs. I dont feel like an old person driving it, but Skodas do tend to be driven by older people!

Another thing to consider as well is insurance. As a 22 year old male I thought it would be hard to get insurance, and it kinda was. The insurance company I was with on my previous car said they wouldnt insure me, despite 5 years no claims, no convictions, no points... and other companies were charging £5k+ 

I then found a company on a price comparison website that insured me fully comp and protected no claims for £675! I then went on a different comparison website and the same company came up top with a price of £625!?....

It pays to compare the comparison websites...

post-109933-0-75951200-1386236788_thumb.jpg

Edited by jonnypowell

Aged 51 with a 2011 red Monte TDI 105 hatch - and a 2013 red Monte TDI 105 estate on the boat to Grimsby today..

..Insurance under £300 with 15 yrs no claims.

The Hatch goes to Suzy Q (aged 21 of course :think: )  - and her 56 plate 1.2 mk1 HTP furby gets traded (after recent issues with valve seal failure at a very low mileage)....... Oh and my   mid life crisis summertime toy Nissan R33 Skyline that costs far too much to run :hi:  :@

• 1 month later...