Show us your winter wheels

Got my winter tyres and alloys from www.Wheelbasealloys.com

Choose your alloys then choose a tyre and get a deal - next day delivery fitted to rims balanced and ready to go on the car. If you contact then vis 'live chat' on their website first then if you want to place an order - they will ask for your phone number, call you and NOT charge ou the £25 delivery charge.

With the increase in temperatures is it now time to replace the winter wheels and put the standards back on?

If you want to but still been some snow not long ago and can snow as late as May in UK.

@ Ema_jane: I always thought you had an estate... Anyway, the car looks good. I have a similar set up and also think it looks like a taxi. Makes it more of a sleeper don't you think?!

I was going to buy the estate at first, only because i have dogs to ferry about but im glad i got the hatch back, personally i hate the look of the steelies and cannot wait to get them off. I was asked the other day 'is this the 130?' to which i replied no, its got 200bhp :D the look on his face was a picture so yeah im guessing its a sleeper!

With the increase in temperatures is it now time to replace the winter wheels and put the standards back on?

Im leaving mine on till march time, it 13 degrees up here at the moment and its like driving on toffee, understeer is in the bucket loads!

There are still signs of the cold temps though, tow nights ago it was -2 degrees so i dont think we are in the clear yet

Can't wait to get mine off now, hopefully before ultimate dubs on 10 march. Having said that need to be certain the worst of the weather is over as my other tyres have seen better days!

I've put my summers back on! Can't be doing with the poor handling in the warmer temps. Only 10min to swap back should snow be forecast.

Took my winter tyres/wheels off yesterday as it was like driving through treacle! 30 mins with the trolley jack. Car looks sooooo much better with the oem wheels back on.

Certain to get snow now in March!

• 1 month later...

Maybe we should rename this thread to 'show us your oem wheels now you've put them back on' :-)

20120225_085652.jpg

Sorry Jonno, just to show that some of us haven't got round to it yet!

Nokian WRG2 98V XL, running on oem Proteus alloys.

The only reason I haven't changed is because I've been too busy to get into town to the fitters - if it'd been a simple wheel-swap then I'd have done in in mid March.

This summer's project is definitely to get some more rims. As I've got the 225/50/R17 tyres now, and by my calculations they should last at least another 4 seasons, then it's going to be much easier. Current thinking is Yeti alloys - Dolomites, Spitzbergs or Annapurnas, probably in that order of preference.

post-78539-0-02377300-1334406168_thumb.jpg

post-78539-0-40810100-1334406181_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Having fitted Vredesteins quatrac 3 s to my recently sold BMW 3 series, I'm looking at doing the same this year on my 09 VRS. I still have the tyres on BMW 16" rims in my garge which I was about to sell, but if I could utilise them on the Skoda I'll keep em.

My VRS has the 18" alloys, so my question is would a set of 16" (VW, Audi , Skoda) alloys fit without contacting the callipers. (The Tyres are 205/ 55/16).

TA BAz

Edited by baz1

Hi all

Having fitted Vredesteins quatrac 3 s to my recently sold BMW 3 series, I'm looking at doing the same this year on my 09 VRS. I still have the tyres on BMW 16" rims in my garge which I was about to sell, but if I could utilise them on the Skoda I'll keep em.

My VRS has the 18" alloys, so my question is would a set of 16" (VW, Audi , Skoda) alloys fit without contacting the callipers. (The Tyres are 205/ 55/16).

TA BAz

Generally speaking 16" wheels just fit over vRS calipers but it depends on the offset and the style of the wheel too. My Audi 5 spoke are 16s and fit fine, check pics earlier up in this thread.

Edit - saves you the bother of searching

IMG_2969a.jpg

Edited by Guest

I still have the tyres on BMW 16" rims in my garge which I was about to sell, but if I could utilise them on the Skoda I'll keep em.

Your BMW wheels are likely to be 5x120 PCD, so you'd need adaptors to fit them on the Skoda (5x112).

Then it depends on the wheel offset used. Should be stamped on the inside of the alloy.

Probably easier to sell them on a pick a Skoda set up really.

Hi all

TA BAz

Most Audi A4 / A6 wheels will be around ET45 and will be perfect, as will MK5 Golf wheels.

Your winter tyres are the correct size :thumbup: