Show us your winter wheels

Nokian WR G2 XL 205/60 R15 95H M+S, on 15" Skoda Avantgarda steels with Avantgarda wheel trims.

25012013962b.jpg

Tyres purchased from Pneus Online, currently £62.90 delivered. Steels/trims purchased from dealer (who also fitted the tyres to the steels and swapped over the summers/alloys, which now rest in my garage on a tyre tree  :thumbup: ).

AUDI A4 A6 16" ALLOY WHEEL AND TYRE 8D0601025C 7JX16H2 ET45 205/55/16

Hi.........Have a few options now & these were one of them...just wanted to confirm that these will fit ok...........thanks

5X112 PCD

7JX16” 

ET45

Are a perfect fit, you may want to check inside you fuel filler cap that 205/55/16” is an approved size for the scout (it is for non scout Octavia / Superb, not sure about the scout)

Am I the only one that thinks Winter Tyres are pointless?

Watch the following video and then see if you can explain why they are pointless:

Note the second half that shows benefit in cold and wet conditions, not snow.

(You can debate cost/benefit, but to suggest there is no advantage from fitting winter tyres is absurd.)

Edited by Ultrasonic

Have checked the filler cap and they are listed to fit both the 103 & 110kw. Also they are the correct pcd .......Thanks again for all your help.Just got to get them at a reasonable price now.

Here are my winters with old Audi A4 alloys in good nick from ebay at £78 and some new Kumho KW27 tyres. The centre caps should be the big saucer ones but as they're harder to find I used the small ones recommended but ChrisRS (thanks again).

Not the prettiest but do the job. Easy to clean not too shabby.

post-100404-0-91692400-1385460104_thumb.jpg

Edited by paddypaws

AUDI A4 A6 16" ALLOY WHEEL AND TYRE 8D0601025C 7JX16H2 ET45 205/55/16

Hi.........Have a few options now & these were one of them...just wanted to confirm that these will fit ok...........thanks

Audi A4, A6, A3 Alloy wheels with Pirelli 210 Snowsport winter tyres 205/55 R16 91 H.

Tyres are with 3.5 mm/4mm tread.

Managed to bag these for £190..(Not sure if these tyres are any good) but tyres look good for another season at least. Just need some wheel centre stickers now. The current plastic Audi centres look to have the metal Audi emblems fixed to them. Are people grinding them off, then attaching Skoda stickers ?

I've found some Golf alloys* with the correct spec for the Octavia II estate (6.5J 16" 112 ET50) : two questions

1. is the  wheel centrebore dimension OK (57.1)? (and can you fit a Skoda badge?)

2. can you use the existing wheel bolts?

many thanks

John

* http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/wheels/16-vw-wheel-gallery-5x112.htm     VW bioline

1. is the  wheel centrebore dimension OK (57.1)? (and can you fit a Skoda badge?)

2. can you use the existing wheel bolts?

Yes the centre bore is correct, badges will however not fit, you need to get creative to have Škoda badges on VW and Audi alloys.

To my knowledge ALL VAG alloys use the same bolts.

Many thanks, most helpful. BTW, I rang Michelin yesterday to ask about the recommended relationship between tyre width (e.g. 205) and rim size.  Somewhat to my surprise they said that a 205/55 tyre can be fitted to rims from 5.5" to 7.5", nominal being 6.5J.  So the nominal ratio is about 80% (rim/tyre).

Yes the centre bore is correct, badges will however not fit, you need to get creative to have Škoda badges on VW and Audi alloys.

To my knowledge ALL VAG alloys use the same bolts.

Avon Ice Touring STs fitted to original elegance alloys (205 55 16) by mobile fitter. This is their third and final winter. I'll leave them on and see how the grip/wear is in the warmer 2014.

Original white worm inserts re-fitted. The replacements (half price outside warranty Skoda goodwill) are in the garage until spring.

IMG 7917

IMG 7919

Edited by Web Ferret

Not an Octavia, but I also own an Octy if that helps (parked on the drive behind the Superb :giggle: ), and the Superb forum is soooo quiet!

17" Audi TT alloys (£200 eBay) and 225/45 R17 Avon Ice Tourer ST's (£100/corner fitted).

My winters (rear in 1st pic) are identical in size and profile to my summers (front in 2nd pic) yet they seem tiny. Hopefully the suspension still needs to settle after being jacked up! 

IMG_5391_zps917b4cfe.jpg

IMG_5393_zps4dc15f45.jpg

IMG_5397_zpsc78c611d.jpg

• 4 weeks later...