It was 2002, in a pub that it all began...

ColinD

Happy Birthday Briskoda! I'd definitely class it as my home on the net and provided me with loads of knowledge and advice over the years. Get planning for the 10th Anniversary like a big meet or even a Ring trip. I'd be up for that

• Like 1

... Every penny spent on Freedom has come back 10x through diagnostics, quick fixes and "known bug" solutions.

And then there's the local meets, National meets, Discounts, genuine Friendships, Modding Ideas big & small and entertainment.

I've had 2 Fabias... The 2nd one was bought in the knowledge that support was always on here.. :thumbup:

Happy Birthday!

p.s. I know that the forum can have it's moments these days, and "It's not like it was" comes up once in a while.. I never get into those threads, but I'd just like to say that for each squabble we see, you still get 20 genuinely helpful threads.. Don't let yourselves ever get down hearted people... With this many members friction is unavoidable..

The fact we still have a hugely positive attitude and a gazzilion million helpful members is what I see everytime I log on. B)

:baa: :xmas: indeed!

I'm only an occasional visitor now, but I've had a lot of entertainment and help from this site, so thanks to all involved.

Same here, not having had a Skoda for the past 5 years now, but I still keep coming back once a week or so to 'keep up'. And I still drive around with a 'Briskoda National Meet 2004' smilie on my M5 :D

DSCF0542.jpg

Won't be until April 2013 until I celebrate my 10th anniversary on here though ;)

More nostalgia here, here and here

I think it's a load of old pants.......

.....but then I like old pants :)

Here's to double figures next year, and thanks for the entertainment provided over the last 3 years

Happy belated birthday Briskoda!

I've been on since 2008 so a relative newcomer but it really is an incredible forum. I'd been on lots of car forums before but none came anywhere close to the level of knowledge and friendliness found on Briskoda. With a Haynes Manual, a toolkit and these forums you can tackle any problem on any Skoda with confidence. It has made owning Skodas an absolute pleasure to the point where I don't think I'd enjoy any other marque as much.

Long may it continue, and here's hoping there's a big 10th birthday event next year as I'll certainly come along!

10 years & growing up

It will soon be a teenager ( will it have the hormoanal tantrums) emoticon-0172-mooning.gifemoticon-0183-swear.gif

When its 18 will it get a driving licence, & have a drink. emoticon-0168-drink.gifemoticon-0167-beer.gifemoticon-0175-drunk.gif

Who cares it just a fun place to visit

Belated Birthday wishes.

Had some great times, fantastic drives and been persuaded out of quite a few quid because of this site and the many great people that use it. Here is to many more years. Thank you ColinD.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

happy birthday briskoda and may it last for many a year.

i am a member of lots of forums, mainly woodworking ones and this is one of the top, and most friendly ones i know.

please tell,,,, how do i become a freedom member. all the best and many thanks. :thumbup: :thumbup:

happy birthday briskoda and may it last for many a year.

i am a member of lots of forums, mainly woodworking ones and this is one of the top, and most friendly ones i know.

please tell,,,, how do i become a freedom member. all the best and many thanks. :thumbup: :thumbup:

http://briskoda.net/freedom :thumbup:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Happy Birthday Brisky!

Spent some time with Ian (Tavia4x4) recently, reminiscing and marvelling at the behemoth our beloved little Briskoda has become! Superb work from Colin and his team, keeping this place one of the friendliest car forums on the 'net. Brilliant! :)

And here's the pub itself - The Squirrel near Horwich (then an Indian restaurant, twice, then burned down :().

Will never forget the unbelievable buzz of sitting in there for the first time after a really satisfying B-road blat, accompanied by various guys from Scoobynet, Colin and Ian. Can't believe it's been (nearly)10 years! In fact, here's the thread detailing where me, Ian and Colin all met together for the first time - I forgot about the 'Thursday nights' and also have been transported back 10 years to a ludicrous traffic light drag race with AndrewC which I had completely forgotten about! Ah, the memories, it's enough to make an - increasingly middle-aged - man go all misty-eyed!

http://bbs.scoobynet...ay-evening.html

Have also spent some time on vortex looking at all the posts there (Skoda sub-forum, sort "from beginning', sort 'ascending') - we had a superb little community there which was the basis for what Briskoda has become. Some of the names and characters! It's like going back in time and remembering things vividly which I'd completely forgotten in the intervening years.

Colin's first vortex post: http://forums.vwvort...0-Parp-to-all.-)

Ian's: http://forums.vwvort...ne&daysprune=-1

Mine: http://forums.vwvort...RS&daysprune=-1

The call to arms: http://forums.vwvort...-our-own.......

Well done Colin, I'm genuinely proud of what the site has become through all your hard work. Here's to a fantastic 10th birthday party!

Huck

post-8-0-84996000-1331847718_thumb.jpg

Edited by Huck
  • Like 1