It was 2002, in a pub that it all began...

ColinD

• Administrators

Yup, today is the sites official birthday, its the day the site became a reality back in 2002. You know this means next year is our tenth year... party!!!

Following some spirited driving meets over the moors north of Bolton, BRISKODA was finally on the web. From a small community over in vwvortex, a home of our own was formed. With Ian and I racking our brains for a name, Ian finally hitting it with a briskly driven Skoda (it's what we did ;) ) and Huck announcing it, to all those on vortex who came over to the new place, thank you.

I would like to thank all those over the years who have contributed so much time, energy and on occasion tears, into the site.

To those who started me off thinking about freedom by sending donations, gosh that was an interesting emotion... thank you.

To all of you who support the site now through freedom, thank you.

To our site sponsors, without whom the early years would of been painful, thank you.

To all those who are new today or recently, welcome to what still makes me happy; and sad, a site for Skoda owners, but at times more than that, I do beleieve it's a great community, skoda or not.

So pop the beer in honour of the 2,425,199 posts (that have survived ;) ) and the 76,987 members who have taken time to signup and be apart if it....

Happy Birthday brisky!

• Like 2

Congratulations to Colin and the team on a job well done and to everyone else who makes this such an informative and amusing site and community to be part of. Here's to the tenth year and the next ten.

Ian

Edited by countryboy

Grats Coiln and thanks for all your's and others hard work in producing probably the friendliest and most informative forum i have ever had the pleasure to be a member of . emoticon-0148-yes.gifemoticon-0148-yes.gifemoticon-0148-yes.gifemoticon-0148-yes.gif

Happy Birthday to Brisky! B)

Maybe next year for the 10th there should be some Ltd Edition merch, stickers, etc... I'd happily donate to them :)

And proceeds could go towards a worthy cause, for example a Major Brisky meet/event? (i.e. PARTY!!!) :rofl:

Happy Birthday Briskoda, been here since the beginning and seen it grow from nothing to where we are today.

I remember the vwvortex days with Colin, ian, Huck, myself, Stopan1j and Dmac1969.

This is the oldest archive of Briskoda I can find, from Feb 2003.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030205113414/http://briskoda.net/

:baa: :xmas:

Indeed it has been a looong time... to think i joined early 2003 after coming out on a hoon with you guys via SCN in my 1.2 clio lol

:baa: :xmas: indeed!

I'm only an occasional visitor now, but I've had a lot of entertainment and help from this site, so thanks to all involved.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRISKODAemoticon-0148-yes.gif

And to think if it wasn't for this site I'd have a standard car and money in the bank. THANKSemoticon-0136-giggle.gifemoticon-0136-giggle.gifemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Ditto!!

I truly want to thank you Colin for such an awesome site. Took me a long time to actually pluck up the courage to post on here and I'm so glad I did! That first post was to join the Gaydon convoy for my first ever Brisky meet. Had a great time there, met people that would become true true friends. Now my ever growing group of Brisky friends probably outway my non Brisky friends, so I would definitely agree with the 'Second Home' statement from earlier!

Great site, great people, great cars!!

• Like 1