Andrew Memorial Meet

vRS Dovit

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BigJase88

gonna leave in about an hour, see you all soon.. errr, does this services have a northand south? or is it just one site....

Both

That it? Lol how long did it take n was that downhill with a tailwind? Lol

Good turnout, thanks 2 everyone who made the effort :thumbup: think we done Andrew proud

For those who are goin 2 put up pictures, we'll open a specific thread for piccys only :)

I left at 3pm & I'm back in Crieff at 4.45pm! Total mileage done today was 294. That 147miles each way - you do the maths........ Was having a bit of fun with a black merc saloon on an 11 plate - got a little quicker than i expected and backed off. Then like 2 minutes later the same Merc is at the side of the road with a copper behind it! ;)

I left at 3pm & I'm back in Crieff at 4.45pm! Total mileage done today was 294. That 147miles each way - you do the maths........

84mph average speed????????????????

Really????????? :o

hahaha davie my taxi done 135mph :D hows that for a crazy taxi took me a hour and a half to get home, poor lad in a rover 200 got pulled :(

i saw the police lights ahead and was actually expecting it to be one of yous, guess the rover got their first......thankfully lol

hahaha davie my taxi done 135mph :D hows that for a crazy taxi took me a hour and a half to get home, poor lad in a rover 200 got pulled :(

I you were do some knots past me ! Bet you weren't getting good mpg up the road :'( looked around 10 mpg :doh::rofl: but 135 in a Sdi taxi ? :giggle:

I was out by my estimation of time by 15 miniutes - the wife said it was 5.03 when I got in the door! Still thats 2hrs & 3 minutes. Maybe 75mph average. I had a few blasts - i'm sure I saw a few of you guys on the way up the road! :)

I was out by my estimation of time by 15 miniutes - the wife said it was 5.03 when I got in the door! Still thats 2hrs & 3 minutes. Maybe 75mph average. I had a few blasts - i'm sure I saw a few of you guys on the way up the road! :)

I only seen your back reg plate :D

Aye,you flew past me pretty enthusiastically :giggle::thumbup:

Was a right good meet today,great to see folk again and some new faces too :thumbup:

I just ambled back home thinking what a great day ,we did Andrew proud.Just south of Lesmahagow I saw a set of blue tinted headlights coming up very very fast in my rear-view mirror @ warp factor 10,I blinked & the car was gone into the horizon.We know who you are(ehh Ned!!!) To keep quiet could be expensive????

Great day

That it? Lol how long did it take n was that downhill with a tailwind? Lol

Aye it was down hill hahaha, but thing is it was even red lining, just need more torque and bhp

was a great day out me and jack well enjoyed the banter and meeting you guys.

• 4 years later...

Hi all, sorry to bring back what is now a 5 year old thread pretty much. I recall this meet happening back in 2011 and was unable to attend due to having no car at the time. I knew Andrew when we very young/families were close but unfortunately I moved from the islands and life moved on.. But we both shared the love for cars (which I hadn't realised until his passing.)

Looking at the images of this memorial meet back in 2011, I was wondering if this became an annual meet? If not, if anyone would be up for it this year? 

Thanks,G

Hi all, sorry to bring back what is now a 5 year old thread pretty much. I recall this meet happening back in 2011 and was unable to attend due to having no car at the time. I knew Andrew when we very young/families were close but unfortunately I moved from the islands and life moved on.. But we both shared the love for cars (which I hadn't realised until his passing.)

Looking at the images of this memorial meet back in 2011, I was wondering if this became an annual meet? If not, if anyone would be up for it this year? 

Thanks,G

Unfortunately it didn't become an annual meet, which is a shame.

A lot of members have came and gone from Skoda ownership since then, which is probably the main reason. Although i think most of us are in touch one way or another.

Would be nice to get everyone together again! 

Unfortunately it didn't become an annual meet, which is a shame.

A lot of members have came and gone from Skoda ownership since then, which is probably the main reason. Although i think most of us are in touch one way or another.

Would be nice to get everyone together again! 

Cheers johnny, did expect that - very hard to get regular members on forums now. Similar problem on Seatcupra.net seems Facebook has taken over that with the groups etc. But if we could organise a meet for roughly same time of the year again if possible or even during the summer months as its closer? 5 years I guess is as good as any for another meet/catch up/check up on those new mods..