Andrew Memorial Meet

vRS Dovit

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you don't mind me jumping onto your forum guys.

I only heard about this forum at Andrews funeral today and came on to have a look around. I must say I am truly astounded by the amount of comments and kind words you all had for him. He really did touch the hearts of all who he met and indeed many who had never met him.

I had the pleasure of working with Andrew here on Lewis while he was in school,he used to come down to us after school and clean hire cars with us. As many have said, he was a true gentleman who would do anything to help anyone. The posts on here and his facebook page are a testament to that. Also the huge number of friends that turned out to his funeral today, each and every one with their own special memories of him.

I don't think he would believe the impact he had on people, he was just being the genuinely kind guy that he was. That in its self though was always something special.

It is touching to read of the memorial you are arranging for him. I hope to be traveling up from Birmingham to Glasgow on the 13th and if possible and the times meet in then I will stop by and hopefully meet a few of you.

If I don't see you then enjoy the day, it's what he would want.

Kind regards,

Donald

I unfortunately cannot make this now am not long out of hospital following an operation on my neck and am currently unable to drive due to movement problems. Sounds like this will be a good turnout, hope every one has a good time and can pay their respects etc.

Just a thought, and apologies of it's been covered already. Given the number of people attending, the main organizer might consider contacting the local Gretna Police to give them a heads up on why so many people in Skoda cars are huddled together in a car park. I do this for classic car meets, and most places actually send a beat bobby along to make sure we are all looked after.

Just a thought, and apologies of it's been covered already. Given the number of people attending, the main organizer might consider contacting the local Gretna Police to give them a heads up on why so many people in Skoda cars are huddled together in a car park. I do this for classic car meets, and most places actually send a beat bobby along to make sure we are all looked after.

I think i'll drop them and the owners of the outlet village an email.

But i would stress that

**Serious head on**

There is no litter

Noise is kept to a minimum

no revving of engines

no alchohol

no screeching of tyres and driving like a complete bellend lets not put this forum into badlight.

**Serious head off now**

ohh look belly button fluff :rofl:

12pm at Gretna outlet village. There will be convoys going down but not sure whos arranging them lol

For all the central belt and Fife and Edinburgh + the north its the showcase for 10.20 am. if that ok for us ???

chances are i'll meet you lot on the M74, i'm joining the M74 at Kirkmuirhill/Blackwood.

I'm leaving Kilmarnock at 10.15am-ish(once i get back from Troon) so if anyone from down my way wants to convoy down, PM me n let me know :thumbup: