yeti lights upgrade

Oilrag

I think we all saw that, couldn't see why and so ignored it!

possibly because the bulbs are angled. as stated in the specifications ca. 340 grad this could make the light project off the reflectors in the wrong direction for the RHD

The DRL does not throw any sort of directed beam and so I doubt this. German TUV rules are very strict and I expect they have not been submitted for any certification in an RHD vehicle.

They look to be very similar bulbs to what Benzinfabrik supply - however I'm not sure how the resistance is obtained?

With the sets some of us have, a two wire resistor is included, which has to be wired into the DRL circuit.

I'm a little sceptical TBH :o

If they do work without a 'bulb out' warning then it's a good deal - less I think than a standard DRL bulb from Skoda UK?

PERFECT! I just ordered them in two ticks! £50,75 delivered. So much easier than doing it all in German. Thanks for the link.

Hi,

Do you have to have a PayPal account to do it from that link? I thought I'd ordered a set from their web site, but only got an e-mail confirming my order, and then saying the next thing to do was to send the payment, either to their bank or their PayPal account.

Hi,

Do you have to have a PayPal account to do it from that link? I thought I'd ordered a set from their web site, but only got an e-mail confirming my order, and then saying the next thing to do was to send the payment, either to their bank or their PayPal account.

"that link" is just dead standard eBay. So if you have an eBay account you normally also have Paypal. So it really is just a few clicks and you've bought it and it is sent to your default shipping address. VERY easy. I never used to use eBay but I now buy TONS of brand new stuff from there... even Currys have an eBay shop to buy electronics directly from them! B)

The information is specific about CANBUS compatibility and mentions suitability for an Audi. It is states that the resistance is built-in, rather than having to be added via a separate load resistor and Scotchblocks/bullet connectors.

The image doesn't look like the US ones, but they do look smaller with less LEDs in.

"that link" is just dead standard eBay. So if you have an eBay account you normally also have Paypal. So it really is just a few clicks and you've bought it and it is sent to your default shipping address. VERY easy. I never used to use eBay but I now buy TONS of brand new stuff from there... even Currys have an eBay shop to buy electronics directly from them! B)

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try from the link, as I have also bought stuff from e-bay before.

just be grateful you don't own an Audi

OMG!!!!! :o :o They have totally sealed in DRL bulbs!!!!!!!!! And you have to physically cut open the headlight unit to get to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow. That is really NOT user friendly.

Out of interest I've mailed the seller of those P13w LED's asking the question about resistors - I'll let you all know their response! :thumbup:

Here's their (very quick) reply!

At least they've responded quickly and honestly! :thumbup:

Most customers have said they show an error on 2011 model Skoda's

Fine on 2010 and before Skoda Seat and VW

Best Regards

James Swift

Car Mod Shop LTD

Waterleat

High Street

Newton Poppleford

Devon

EX100DU

UK

Web: http://www.car-mod-shop.co.uk

tel: 01395 568086 mon-fri 9am -4.30pm

e: [email protected]

Here's their (very quick) reply!

At least they've responded quickly and honestly! :thumbup:

Most customers have said they show an error on 2011 model Skoda's

Wow. Imagine if SUK had customer service like that!!!! That is really good service and a good honest reply. So best stick to the German ones then. Phew. I feared I paid 100% over the odds after ordering mine just this morning! :thumbup:

I spoke to them earlier on the phone, and that is very much the same info as I got. So I'm going to chance it and try some. ( mine is 2010 ) Will let you all know after they arrive and have been tried.

Yes, I've mailed them back thanking them and pointing them at the Benzinfabrik site - who knows they might yet respond with their own kit?

Website was playing OK this afternoon. Just ordered a set using PayPal for payment. :thumbup:

Seems like the website wasn't working ok last weekend, as I've heard nothing back and my PayPal account has not been debited. :( :thumbdown:

However, thanks to Trevorminor's link to ebay I bought a pair of bulbs/resistors yesterday, payment has been taken, ebay confirmation e-mail received and I have this morning received positive feedback from beninefabrik.

All looking good. ;) :yes: :thumbup:

Just had my Benzinfabrik LEDs fitted. I too don't favour scotchlok and so went to see my friendly local stereo fitters-he reached for his wire strippers and miniature soldering iron. He was dubious about the physical fit of the bulbs so did some minor plastic fettling on their bases. He spent an hour getting them fitted and "just so" and when it came to payment said £10. The result is a vast improvement over the jar of glow worms originals.

Pleased with the outcome and thanks to Merlinman for his pioneering efforts.

SS,I,'ve got another little project on the go at the moment that doesn't look like it will need any dismantalling, so watch this space!

Now you've got my attention Graham!!! :yes: Cant wait.John H

Maybe these lights are what you rally/emergency services lads are needing?? :giggle: :giggle:

A couple of extra xenons, mounted internally, radio-controlled to your main beam. I don't know whether they'd be street-legal in the UK.

Rayzer

Video

:rofl: :rofl:

You are right, they are totally illegal in the UK. Can you imagine someone coming up behind you and turning them on,doesn't bear thinking about.

Thanks for clarifying - yes officer, strictly for off-road use!

Still, no excuse for not being seen in the rear-view.. :giggle: :giggle: