yeti lights upgrade

Oilrag

For those of you about to embark on fitting the Benzinfabrik LED kit, you may find these very useful :thumbup:

looked at 'these' earlier and found a vacuum flask? Just had a look now and found some spring-clip connectors. Bought two pairs. :thumbup:

Looks like they will be easier to us than bullet connectors and better than scotchlocks.

looked at 'these' earlier and found a vacuum flask? Just had a look now and found some spring-clip connectors. Bought two pairs. :thumbup:

Looks like they will be easier to us than bullet connectors and better than scotchlocks.

I also found a vacuum flask and thought it was just Robin's snow humour! :giggle: But when g6zru bought THREE I had to click on the link again as I found that very suspicious to want THREE vacuum flasks... Especially at £23 EACH!

I also found a vacuum flask and thought it was just Robin's snow humour! :giggle: But when g6zru bought THREE I had to click on the link again as I found that very suspicious to want THREE vacuum flasks... Especially at £23 EACH!

+ 1 :giggle::thumbup:

You never know he might like to have 3 different types of beverage on the go. Tea, Coffee, Soup :rofl:

Well I've just finished fitting the LED's from Mod shop, not the easiest job as has been mentioned. All worked ok but after a couple of minutes the dreaded check bulb light came up, vehicle status says check left and right DRL's. Damn, just when I thought we had a new option. The lights are perfect, so is there any way of clearing the check light message?

Sorry about the earlier miss-link - but those Bodum flasks are ace :rofl:

Anzio - sorry to hear about the bulbs - send them back and get the Benzinfabrick ones! :thumbup:

Sorry about the earlier miss-link - but those Bodum flasks are ace :rofl:

Anzio - sorry to hear about the bulbs - send them back and get the Benzinfabrick ones! :thumbup:

Looks like that will be the next option. One thing I found that may help others when removing DRL bulbs, if you find like I did trouble in getting hold of the bulb holder to twist it, Take the holder off the the bulb first, and a 19mm socket will fit over the end of the bulb perfectly, a short extension bar, gentle turn, and job done. Same for putting back.

Anzio,

you are getting the bulb failure because the resistance is too low. That is why the German ones come with the extra "thing" you have to wire in.

Personally I'd send them back.

Would it do any damage if I left them in until other type arrive. Other than the message coming up every time the engine is started.

Well having mine on for ages when the one bulb blew didn't seem to do any harm.

Add.

It would be good if you put roughly where you are in God's Wonderful land, instead of just Wales. We Taff's would know to look out for you if we were ever in that area.

Yeah, but North Wales covers a big area!!

:giggle:

Thanks for your help. I suppose the low resistance is telling the control unit that a bulb has blown, I'll just put up with the message and light till the German ones arrive.

PS Location edited.

Anzio - welcome to the Guinea Pig club :)

Well at least it's exclusive, only you and me in it. ;)

PS the LED's look great,had a few people turning heads in Tesco's car park this morning.

Just swapped my headlight bulbs to H4 nightbreakers, fed up with the standard H4 candle will see how good they are later when we go out for the annual Xmas meal with Friends, fernfell golf club very posh will have to be on best behavior.

found the fitting a lot essayer than I thought even with size 10 hands :thumbup: , on the passenger side I removed the fuse box cover that gave me a little more room to get to the bulb so job done hope they are better.

Mike not done your books yet, mine done in July I know how much the :swear: tax :bandit: man will ask for next month £££££££££££ :o :'( :'( :'(

Mike not done your books yet, mine done in July I know how much the :swear: tax :bandit: man will ask for next month £££££££££££ :oemoticon-0106-crying.gif

They are with the accountant at the moment......just waiting for her to perform her magic.

Edit: the reply was not added - something weird going on (again)

Re: problems with those dreaded DRLs from Mod Shop - woudn't it be the easiest way to solder in or connect some resistors to force the canbus into thinking that everything is ok?

But if I understood correctly Anzio's set did fit? Apart from not being able to speak the canbus lingo resulting in christmas tree syndrome on the dashboard. Which probably could be cured with a proper resistor? Just guessing ...

Well the Car Mod ones I received certainly wouldn't fit for the reasons set out above, we further learn from Anzio that having got his pair to fit, they still produce an error message.

So they get returned for a refund, since they do not do what the advert claims.

The Benzinfabrik sets that some of us have bought do work and don't produce an error warning; the downside is that they have separate resistors, which have to be wired in. The attraction of the Car Mod ones was that they were claimed to have resistors built in, but clearly not effectively enough to avoid the 'bulb out' warning

The resistors supplied with the Benzinfabrik kit are not small as the attached pic shows.

I'm very happy with the outcome - and the cost is less than replacement standard glow worms :)

post-20455-0-85612400-1323593625_thumb.jpg