Who has Xenon's?

xa0sx

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just been sPeaking to carmodshop, If the lamps need the d2s bulb then we just need to buy the d2s connectors for connecting to my original ballasts that I already have :) That's if our have an existing kit, otherwise you need to buy the kit

Cheers for that, I'll just get a set of bulbs then from them :thumbup:

I'm still wondering why there is such a price difference between the chrome surround lights and the black ones though. £110 vs £199 - any ideas anyone?

Edited by SimonK24

I'll wait and see what they work like when fitted by another member before buying them, but it's looking promising.

One thing that is concerning me though is whether the motors for the normal lamps are compatible with the xenon units.

Xenon's used to be exclusive, now every **** will have them... Sigh! :(

Should have kept quiet :)

Also, if you glue the washer covers on, come mot time the tester might check wether they work. If you dont have them, they cant be tested ;)

Should have kept quiet :)

Also, if you glue the washer covers on, come mot time the tester might check wether they work. If you dont have them, they cant be tested ;)

If the HID's are fitted and the washers don't work, then you fail!!

Do you want that?

If the HID's are fitted and the washers don't work, then you fail!!

Do you want that?

The washers wont work because they wont be there, so they cant be tested. If the caps are there they would expect them to work because they would assume they are fitted. All that will happen is they'll check that the headlights are aligned properly. I really cant see the tester going through every car with a fine tooth comb! Only time will tell, but ill just swap back to my old ones if need be

I had wrote a reply but my battery went. At the end of the day ill do what i want with my car, its not affecting anyone. If it fails it fails, ill take it home swap the headlights and hey-presto....an mot! I too have a very good tester and if he says it will fail ill swap them...... For that day! This arguement has been going on for over 6 months, and as no1 has been for an mot with xenons, its all specualtion and no1 can say wether it will or will not fail. If your an mot tester and want to fail them good on you. They dont blind anyone as they are genuine, it must be better than sticking hids in standard headlights or being a chav driving around with ridiculous bulbs scattering the light everywhere.

I had wrote a reply but my battery went. At the end of the day ill do what i want with my car, its not affecting anyone. If it fails it fails, ill take it home swap the headlights and hey-presto....an mot! I too have a very good tester and if he says it will fail ill swap them...... For that day! This arguement has been going on for over 6 months, and as no1 has been for an mot with xenons, its all specualtion and no1 can say wether it will or will not fail. If your an mot tester and want to fail them good on you. They dont blind anyone as they are genuine, it must be better than sticking hids in standard headlights or being a chav driving around with ridiculous bulbs scattering the light everywhere.

+1. I hate HIDS in reflectors as they just scatter and blind everyone, but if they're in projectors and properly setup, why should it really matter if they're not technically legal.

+1. I hate HIDS in reflectors as they just scatter and blind everyone, but if they're in projectors and properly setup, why should it really matter if they're not technically legal.

To be fair I have hids in reflector lamps and they don't blind anyone, ive never been flashed at. I've said this before I can honestly say that I get

Blinded by most factory fitted xenons I see,

been looking at hid kits all day and night ( i hate choices ) think the best value are THESE £50, 2 year warranty, error message free on 99% of cars too.

a bloke i spoke to today said i will need bulb holders too? quoted £130 fitted :o

Edited by Ryan90VRS

To be fair I have hids in reflector lamps and they don't blind anyone, ive never been flashed at. I've said this before I can honestly say that I get

Blinded by most factory fitted xenons I see,

I've got uprated bulbs and I get flashed a couple of times a week - and they're aligned perfectly just really bright!

been looking at hid kits all day and night ( i hate choices ) think the best value are THESE £50, 2 year warranty, error message free on 99% of cars too.

a bloke i spoke to today said i will need bulb holders too? quoted £130 fitted :o

I have that HID kit so I'm gunna try get a D2s adaptor to use with them. I'm a bit concerned about this bulb holder though... Anyone got any info on that?

Not sure why a bulb holder would be needed? If its the headlight unit that will be holding the bulb. For the likes of my clip I used to have it needed a bulb holder as the hOlder needed to be modified. I don't think we need them in this case, but we will just have to wait to they arrive to get a better idea