Fabia Xenon Headlights (Official Group Buy)

If like me you are having problems with the headlamps misting up because you have not been supplied with a rubber bung/grommet. Here is a quick simple fix that I have come up with until I can source the proper item.

Find a bit of plastic packing (normally found in electrical appliance packaging) cut a piece a bit bigger than the size of the rectangular opening, drill or punch a 6 mm through the center then cut from the outer side to the hole. The 'bung' can then be clamped around the bulb lead and the pushed into the rectangular hole.

The following picture should help explain the above instructions

2012-02-11130752.jpg

2012-02-11130740.jpg

2012-02-11130717.jpg

2012-02-11130704.jpg

Job Done

Karl :thumbup:

Hi Matt, if you have standard bulbs your indicators and side light bulbs can be directly switched over. Your dipped beam bulbs (H7) can be fitted into your new headlamps as main beam bulbs. Then you need to purchase a D2S HID kit, they are available from about £50 up (you don't need can bus or slimline versions but it does not matter if you do buy one of these). If you buy one of the cheaper version you will get Chinese bulbs with them these are OK but possibly not as bright as the European bulbs. Also you need to find a bung or some way to blank off the hole in the back of the cover of the headlamps to stop moisture entering the headlamp. Job Done

Wicked :thumbup: I dont need the adapter thingy that was pictured a few posts back then?

Cheers

Wicked :thumbup: I dont need the adapter thingy that was pictured a few posts back then?

Cheers

Not if you get a D2S HID kit no. If like others on here, and you already have a H7 HID kit then we used the ballasts but needed the adapter to go from H7 to D2S

Ahhh I see. I have a H7 kit, but they are a bit bluer than I would like and they were cheap ones from a few years back now so I fancy some new ones if I go for these. Any recommendations for decent D2S kits? I can only find bulbs :'(

Cheers for the help!

Use the ballasts from the H7 kit then buy the D2S adapters then a set of D2S bulbs (4300k are the whitest/best oem match)

Its the K rating of the bulbs that govern the bluey colour, the highter the K rating the bluer the light colour and the less useable the light beam on the roads.

I went for

35w HID Ballasts from my old H7 HID setup

4300K D2S bulbs

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D2S-XENON-HID-BULBS-OEM-4300K-6000K-8000K-UK-STOCK-/350446765528?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item51984145d8

2X D2S adapters

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280740338516#ht_945wt_952

Or something like this in 4300k

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HID-XENON-CONVERSION-KIT-D2S-4300K-5K-6000K-8K-10K-12K-/280640750237?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item41577e029d

Hummmm, I could do that. My mate wants some 6000k bulbs for his OEM projectors, sooooo . . . . . I could just pinch his old 4300k bulbs and get the adapter! Good thinking B) He thinks projectors make the bulbs look less blue, so I can decide which bulbs a like without buying any then too. Ha, cheers for the help buddy :thumbup:

Well I've finally got them fitted.

Light output looks great.

Not had a chance to test them driving yet, as I want to get them aligned tomorrow first before I start blinding everyone.

Not had any problems with the adjuster screws like some have said either.

I did have to swap back to the original indicator bulb holders though, as the ones that came with them didn't work. Swapping bulbs over made no difference either. Same on both sides. :(

xenons.jpg

On my old headlamps I used to have a headlamp surround which I had fixed LEDs which pointed in towards the reflector which caused the whole headlamp to light up when I switched the sidelights on.

Old Picture

FrontSideLights.jpg

Unfortunately the new projector headlamps have a wider main beam reflector which does not line up with the old headlamp mask. I was thinking of cutting the vertical slat off and with a bit of plastic padding and some spraying put it back on the headlamp, but first I thought I try something different.

Heres what I came up with

During the day

HIDSIDE1.jpg

At dusk but with flash on the camera

HIDSIDE2.jpg

At Night

HIDSIDE3.jpg

The camera does not really do it justice but I quite like it, but need to make them brighter to match the side lights

Comments criticisms welcome