Android Phones Coming Soon

MartynVRS

My contract on my HTC Desire has just ended but I've just switched it to sim only @ £10 a month just until I find a decent replacement. Not in a rush and looking to upgrade over the next few months but have no idea what's coming soon that will be good. Anything worth waiting for? I know the Nexus isn't far away but it's had mixed reviews?

Yes there is a HTC Quad core powered phone on the horizon but nothing set in stone yet.

The current top phones really are the Sensasation/XE/XL and Galaxy S2 (if you can cope with a Samsung).

Phil

hi i have recently upgraded from the desire to the sensation xe, and im extremely pleased with it, does everything faster comes with a set dr dre beats earbuds (worth about £80) which sound fantastic. the major plus is the battery life its loads better. i can also stream my music to my surround sound system and control the volume of it as well.

I do want to change but has to be a spectacular improvement to make me go pack to paying £30/month again. Nexus is tempting but I'm sure I heard of a new dual/quad HTC coming soon

If you can, get a good SIM only deal (plenty of good £10-20/month 30 days out there), then buy the phone sim-free. Works out much cheaper than many packages for the phones listed, and you're not locked in for 24 months. Look after it and when the quads come along, sell it on.

Thats my plan, as the quads wont be around for at least 5 months.

If you can, get a good SIM only deal (plenty of good £10-20/month 30 days out there), then buy the phone sim-free. Works out much cheaper than many packages for the phones listed, and you're not locked in for 24 months. Look after it and when the quads come along, sell it on.

Thats my plan, as the quads wont be around for at least 5 months.

I'll second that.

Unless your current network provider gives you an excellent deal to stay, it's sim free all the way baby. The best sim only deals at the minute seem to be on giffgaff. Not tried them yet as my contract still has a month to run. But unless I get a too good to refuse deal from vodafone, I'll be buying a galaxy nexus sim free and porting my number to giffgaff.

I have the sensation XR from HTC and omg it is amazing i blows my mates galaxy s and i phones out the water it is sooo quick i love it and the audio is awesome plus you get some beats headphones in the box that tbh arnt half bad haha :giggle:

I also have the HTC sensation XE and its the best phone ive ever owned! Many apps for it (If your into them that is), fast and reliable, battery is pretty good too and the headphones that come bundled with it are brilliant

I've had the htc hero and still have the desire, I have to say I was dubious when vodafone offered me the s2 but it is simply outstanding. I rootednit and undervolted it and now I get 3 days out of a single charge. And there's no obvious performance drop either. Stunning phone

Sent from my motorola xoom using tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Forget HTC, they're internal memory is abysmally small & battery life hopeless, I outgrew the HTC Desire and I found it dreadfully small & limiting.

I've got a Samsung Galaxy SII, slimmer, faster, better with 16Gb of internal memory and it will accept a 64Gb memory card in the expansion slot, it will allow you to store loads of music, video & photographs with ease.

It can do HD video recordings, surf the web, email, open PDF files, has a FM radio in, a diary, Bluetooth functionality wihich unlike an Iphone will allow you to swap music & data files with ease and it will link into the cars Bluetooth system with ease as well.

I outgrew the 32Gb of external or card memory and now have a 64Gb card in mine and it now gives me a total of 70,9Gb of space to play with, of which currently 45% is used.

I would suggest that you buy one off contract and you can do a 30-day rolling contract for as little as £10-20 pcm, depending on your needs. I pay £20.50, get 300 mins of calls, 3000 txts, 300 MMS, 1Gb of internet access for it too.

It (SGS II) will undoubtedly drop in price shortly as the SGS III is soon to be unveiled.

I've got the DHD currently with around 9 months left, i don't see myself requiring a better phone in the future as i don't see the need for it. The plan is to upgrade the contract and sell the new phone :) If I ever need a new phone I'll simply take a sim free one online when I need one. No point waiting for tech imo, if you need it get it. The culture in uk atm with phones is too much of 'must have' which is really just 'must want'. But on the subject of phones, think I saw a sim free sensation XL for around £200, which isn't too bad.

I've had the htc hero and still have the desire, I have to say I was dubious when vodafone offered me the s2 but it is simply outstanding. I rootednit and undervolted it and now I get 3 days out of a single charge. And there's no obvious performance drop either. Stunning phone

Sent from my motorola xoom using tapatalk

3days sounds pretty good, whats your usage like? Im nearly pushing 2 days, would probably be 2 days if i didnt use copilot:

431542_10151347595620445_723980444_23234744_242056757_n.jpg

I must admit I've never understood the 'must have a new phone every year' culture that seems to exist. I tend to keep my phones for several years or until the break or become unsuitable for my needs.

In the last 10yrs I've had 3 phones... well 4 if you count 2 of the same type. A SE T610 from around 2002-2003 and another one through work in 2004, they eventually died in 2007. I replaced it with an SE P990i ( early smartphone) and that lasted me until 2011 when I got a Desire HD.

It's fast enough, and is going to be getting the Ice Cream Sandwich update later this year, I'm not a really heavy user so I can get almost 2 days out of mine... I had an app that allows me to shut of loads of things in one go to avoid battery drain, so leaving the phone by the bed over night for 8hrs or so, will only use 6% charge. I only turn on wifi blutooth or gps when I actually need it. it's a waste of battery power any other time.

If I go through a period of low use, a few txts a couple of calls and the odd checking of email or G+... it can last me up to 4 days.

TBH... it's not good enough, we've gone from having phones that could go a week between charging and do everything I needed to ones that need charging almost every day or so... It's going backwards, and all because they think larger screens and a thinner body is best... Tell ya what, make the body a few mm thicker and you might be able to squeeze in a battery that will last longer and still be easy to hold and use.

The Galaxy note is pretty cool, I'd love to adapt one to fit into the dash of my car... I've pondered on using a tablet instead of building an in car PC but finding the right one, and being able to mount it and power it, whilst making it easy to pop out and take with you is proving rather difficult for my skills.