Boot light

RickT

Just changed my boot light as the replacement LED light came this week.

Was concerned that there appeared to be corrosion/rusy on the old light terminals emoticon-0106-crying.gif

LOVE the dogging video.

Here is MY contribution..............

Attached File(s)

Link doesn't work for me..........

Edit - that's bizarre, in the time it took me to post the above and return to the Topic Macdemon's contribution post had disappeared! :dull:

My led boot light came this morning - bit of fettling and it looks good.

It won't "turn off" completely because the switch is electronic, so a little residual shimmering shows. It's no problem as it's in the boot :giggle:

Will have to try it tonight.

Link doesn't work for me..........

Edit - that's bizarre, in the time it took me to post the above and return to the Topic Macdemon's contribution post had disappeared! :dull:

[/sorry, I removed it as it son't flow with previous posts.

PM me your email address and I'll send you the file. :yes:

Red lights in the bottom of front doors are non CANBUS too.

I replaced them with same white LED like for boot from Superskoda and it is not activating any fault.

On Superskoda you can see that light for boot and white lights for front doors as separate item, but this is actauly same light.

This is original red light:

dsc03498i.jpg

which I replaced with this one:

dsc03497v.jpg

which is again same as this one:

dsc03502.jpg

If you don't like white light on the doors, superskoda now offering also RED LED lights...

Edited by Vuk

Red lights in the bottom of front doors are not CANBUS.

This is original red light:

dsc03498i.jpg

Ah they are actually different lights to the Superb and FL Octavia, which certainly are CANBUS, does the Yeti use festoon bulbs in the door? the Superb and FL Octavia are W5W's.

This was confirmed when I swapped a bulb out for an LED and when I did a scan next the fault was showing.

Red lights in the bottom of front doors are non CANBUS too.

I replaced them with same white LED like for boot from Superskoda and it is not activating any fault.

On Superskoda you can see that light for boot and white lights for front doors as separate item, but this is actauly same light.

Interesting. I would however want something else. On the Golf V5 the light in this position has a red top three quarters and a white lower quarter which shines down on the floor as you open the door. Perfect in my book. But alas that lens does not fit in the Yeti. I've checked. I like the all white but would want red there too. Perhaps cover it with red film? Or email Superskoda to ask them to modify it? Hmmm.

Interesting. I would however want something else. On the Golf V5 the light in this position has a red top three quarters and a white lower quarter which shines down on the floor as you open the door. Perfect in my book. But alas that lens does not fit in the Yeti. I've checked. I like the all white but would want red there too. Perhaps cover it with red film? Or email Superskoda to ask them to modify it? Hmmm.

Superskoda offer a 3 part kit, one Yeti white boot light and two Yeti red door lights. No need to modify anything!

Not cheap - £55 for the kit + £6 for P&P = £61 delivered.

Edited by speedsport

Superskoda offer a 3 part kit, one Yeti white boot light and two Yeti red door lights. No need to modify anything!

Not cheap - £55 for the kit + £6 for P&P = £61 delivered.

I want one that is both red at the top and white at bottom. So no they don't do what I want (or already have in the Golf).

Ah they are actually different lights to the Superb and FL Octavia, which certainly are CANBUS, does the Yeti use festoon bulbs in the door? the Superb and FL Octavia are W5W's.

This was confirmed when I swapped a bulb out for an LED and when I did a scan next the fault was showing.

Yeti use W5W - same as my old Fabia Elegance Mk1.

This is original lights from Fabia and Yeti - all I replaced with same LED light from Superskoda:

dsc03499b.jpg

Two Red ligts on right side are from my Fabia front doors, left red one is from Yeti door.

White one is from Yeti's boot (same also in Fabia boot).

I have scan it after replacement with VCDS many times - no any fault.

Edited by Vuk

I want one that is both red at the top and white at bottom. So no they don't do what I want (or already have in the Golf).

I took a picture of the Golf's light:

photo1ed.jpg

That is what I want. Red at the top to warn cars from behind that a door as open and a white lower bit that shines down on the floor where I'm stepping out.

Is a downward light neccessary. There is one already built into the mirror in some packages.

This, which would give a better light, is available on line. It seems that they are avaailable cheaper from here

And from Audi-Sport Net; these look similar to the SuperSkoda ones. This site covers the VCDS settings. Not sure if the Skoda ones are the same though

Is a downward light neccessary. There is one already built into the mirror in some packages.

This, which would give a better light, is available on line. It seems that they are avaailable cheaper from here

And from Audi-Sport Net; these look similar to the SuperSkoda ones. This site covers the VCDS settings. Not sure if the Skoda ones are the same though

I have said puddle lights in my mirrors.... They are pretty much useless. AND if you think a bit about it they illuminate the ground on the OTHER side of the door to where you are about to step when you get out of the car. :giggle: They only work when you walk up to the car. But to be honest even then they will only work if they were about 400% more powerful - this photo has them about 400% more than they actually are. :giggle: When I noticed the subtle light on the floor on the Golf I was dumbstruck by what a simple elegant solution it is to illuminate the exact area where you are going to step.

As to the Halfords lights! Eeck! CHAVtastic.

The Audi ones are much better but involves way, WAY too much faf.

Even in white? You can shorten them as well. Wouldn't they also involve faffing around in the system?

CHAVtastic means the opposite of fantastic alas. :giggle: There is NO way I will put those on my car either. hehehe

Perhaps the Superskoda white ones can work if I add a bit of this red film to the top?

Might be easier to strap a torch to your right leg?

LOL No...... it is the simple elegance of the Golf unit I like. There is no faf and it just works well at both jobs - warning cars behind and illuminating the ground around the inner side of the door.

I can't for the life of me understand why they had to redesign something like that from scratch and replace it with something that now just does the one job when they had a perfectly nice one already doing two. And no they did not just replace the twin colour lens with a single colour (and thus 3p cheaper) lens..... no, they also changed the whole shape of the thing!!! Why?! So I can't just order a Golf IV door light and swap it for the one in my Yeti either. :no: