Fabia Elegance

Adamweal

Hi! new to all this so bare with me!

I have a 1.9TDi Elegance Fabia in Stone grey ive done a few bits to it and im just wondering what to do next?

Heres what ive done so far..

Sports Kit inc sport front bumper, vRS rear bumper, Sport spoiler oh and some wheel arch things

Heated vRS Seats

vRS headlining still with original door seals.. Looks surprisingly good i think!

vRS instrament cluster

vRS wheels refurbished to Audi anthracite grey

vRS Steering wheel

vRS Suspention

6000K HIDs for main beem

LED front side lights

LED Number Plate bulbs

Just been remapped to 130bhp

Just ordered PD160 intake pipe

Not the best of colours to do anything to on the outside i think but prove me wrong!

So what else shall i do? dont want to brake the bank though!

Oh and here is a picture of it!

img0059on.jpg

Edited by adamweal

Rob i was thinking of getting it lowered but its already on vrs suspention and i think its not that good of a ride anyway aha and lee its got 150000 miles on it aha if i end up blowing the turbo on it ill being putting a pd130 turbo on and then ill do the exhaust might be changing to a vrs octavia soon anyway im just looking for things to do in the mean time :)

+1 on Matt's suggestion, plus remove the Elegance badges by the side repeaters, and yet a black rear view mirror.

I got one off a Golf or A3 for about £10 when mine broke. (Check the fitment, but I'd guess they're the same!)

Nice to see a non-vRS getting treatment too. :)

Edited by TriggerFish

• 1 month later...

Its been quite a while since i last updated so here we go

Just cleaned it up still looks amazing for 152000 miles i think!

photoiij.jpg

PD160 pipe fitted

light tinting film should arrive soon to do the side repeaters

I will be removing the elegance badges as soon as i remember when I next clean it

got some new LED bulbs with resistors in them for the interior light to stop them staying on with the doors closed

had to repair the N/S/F window regulator as it started clicking when going up and down and the rubber had fallen off the bottom so it made the most annoying noise when it got to the bottom! i also replaced the door lock while i was there because it had started playing around ive got the O/S/F regulator waiting to go in as soon as i get round to it, if it wasn't for the fact it takes so long cleaning up all the sealant i would of done it by now haha

had a bit of a race with a mate with a vRS (on private land of course) and his car couldn't keep up he got his remapped because he could not stand that i could beat him in my 'non vRS' and his rolling road came back as he was putting out 137bhp standard so not sure what im putting out so i will be going for a rolling road run as soon as i get a day off.

I came out of work the other day to find something everyone dreads someone had hit the back of my car and driven off! (will upload pictures as soon as i get them) so it will be going in to have that sorted wasn't too bad just a dent in the boot and slight scratching on the rear bumper that will tcut out while its in i might get the front grille color coded and i will get the air vent surrounds painted gloss black

next on the list is

RARB

maybe a wheel refurbish as the finish is not that great on them at the moment

sound deaden the front doors and boot floor

oh and thanks for everyones suggestions! :happy:

IMO get Eibach springs on it (the correct non-VRS ones). The VRS suspension looks tall on a VRS, even though it's apparently lower than non-VRSs. It can't look lower on a lighter car.

Does VRS suspensuion mean you have VRS brakes? Better (bigger) front brakes should be one the list.

I think the colour looks fine and I'd leave the elegance badges. It's the top trim don-cha-know. ;)

J.

IMO get Eibach springs on it (the correct non-VRS ones). The VRS suspension looks tall on a VRS, even though it's apparently lower than non-VRSs. It can't look lower on a lighter car.

J.

Can you explain this one to me? Surely -15mm is -15mm regardless of weight....

I would imagine there will be different spring rates the vrs ones may be a little stiffer as the vrs although uses same basic engine the 6 speed box is a heavy old beast Anne the subframe is also different and heavier I believe

Nice to see another elegance in a vrs rep, have you got heated seats? Also did you get that kit of eBay?

The car looks good, I also nearly kept up with a friend who has a mapped vrs with a few more mods done to it. I have had mine mapped though but I'm not sure what it's running atm.

I would defiantly lower it of I was you, it makes the car so so much more fun to drive, also makes it look quality. Then you wouldn't need to bother buying a rarb, get some coilies for like £200-300 and it will look quality :)

Looks good, I like.

I recognise that reg plate and body mods - DA15 postcode?

Saw it last week when I was out and about!

:) :) :)

Yeah thats the one! well i work there live at dartford heath area, whats your reg ill looks out for you!

Not sure about the wheel arch things. Love the colour though.

I wasnt sure about them when i first got it but have grown to love them :)

Nice to see another elegance in a vrs rep, have you got heated seats? Also did you get that kit of eBay?

The car looks good, I also nearly kept up with a friend who has a mapped vrs with a few more mods done to it. I have had mine mapped though but I'm not sure what it's running atm.

I would defiantly lower it of I was you, it makes the car so so much more fun to drive, also makes it look quality. Then you wouldn't need to bother buying a rarb, get some coilies for like £200-300 and it will look quality :)

yeah i took them out the original seats, the kit was on it when i got the car i have a spare half a set of wheel arch things sitting at work aswell

Yeah thats the one! well i work there live at dartford heath area, whats your reg ill looks out for

I've got a black Exeo I use for work - reg begins AK61 - but I don't get out that way very often!

I do have a boost leak though ;)

Nice car by the way. Nice to see something different than a vrs. Its very smart. But id invest in coilies. Makes it handle so much better, and remember there adjustable. you dont have to go low!! LOVE the colour too!

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if its been said or not but a Seat Leon Cupra splitter would make the world of difference :happy:

i have thought about this but was not sure on how it would look on that bumper maybe ill photoshop one and see what it looks like

Anyway little update,

ordered a black interior mirror should be here any day now

Also finally got my light tinting film through

Did one side to compare

imagetwui.jpg

still not sure about them but did the other side to make it even for now ;)

imagesuu.jpgimageiur.jpgimageopd.jpg

So what do you guys think of it?

was going to use this to do the side repeaters but now I've seen how dark it is i might just buy the smoked ones

still waiting to go to the body shop to have a few things done just cant be bothered to get down there at the moment

may just wait until its a little hotter so i can use this while its in there ;)

imagehoi.jpg

don't think the neighbours will approve of the noise at 6:30 in the morning though! :giggle:

dunno if anyone is looking at this anymore but here's what i was doing this weekend,

rather bored saturday morning so decided to see what my gear stick surround would look like with the tinting film i used on the fog lights as it is gloss black film so here's what it ended like

img0079um.jpg

thought it looked really good so went ahead and did my center vent

imagekqx.jpg

then had to go to work :@

wasnt very busy at work so fitted my new onyx interior light and put on my new volkswagen wheel bolt caps (excuse the dirt!)

img0083ni.jpg

decided today to finish off the air vents managed some how (dont ask how) to put the passenger side one in the drivers side what a pain that was to get back out! but looked good in the end :giggle:

img0085b.jpg

img0084rj.jpg

img0082wz.jpg

comments welcome :)

looks great, will be doing this myself shortly, only in silver and with paint!

good job :thumbup:

i was going to get them painted when mine goes to the bodyshop but that might be a little while away now and this was just a try and it turned out good :)