Which Colour to choose?

RO0

Depending on your taste I'd try to see, or deliberately avoid seeing, the new Petrol/Lava Blue.

It's an old fashioned 90s sort of colour that will undoubtedly damage your resale value but does really seem to change in the sun and the shade and does have a little bit of green in it.

If you like old fashioned 90s colours it will be unarguable. It certainly was with my Mrs.

On my recent trip to local dealership (not the one ordered from) I was shown a pad of paintwork colours. Not the usual smallish plastic blocks. This was a plastic sheet about 10x10 inch's. I thought it was a pretty accurate representation of the car paintwork and big enough. The colours shown in the brochures aren't too good.

On another visit I remember thinking a Cappuccino colour Yeti was the Muscovado - It was among dark colour cars, but I was convinced at the time. Now, of course, an expert on what I've ordered I could spot Muscovado at a hundred yards. Oh yeah.

There are quite a lot of white ones around today :giggle:

Seriously, I still like my Aqua blue but of the new colours, I'd definitely take a look at the Regency Green when it comes time to change.

Any pics of regency green?

89_-1322657401_xl.jpg

89_-1992300000_xl.jpg

89_-782837224_xl.jpg

Colour is a very personal thing. So go for whatever you like. From my experience though best to avoid dark colours as they need washing a LOT and also show scrathes very easily. My last car was like Aqua Blue and it never needed a wash and also never looked dirty. Same with my Steel Grey now. It gets washed about 4 times a year at most and does not look grubby the rest of the time. :giggle:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

For my two pence worth, I agree that a 'stand out' colour suits Yeti best; something that shows the contrast of the black screen pillars and silver/chrome at the front.

Clearly I like the Tangerine (as that's what I've got) but as it isn't available currently I'd vote for the metallic Bronze instead.

Should be popping into my local dealer next week to order a Yeti Greenline, however i cant decide on colour? What looks best?

If I were you I would go for the lighter shades,as they show less dirt when the car isnt clean.My Yeti is brilliant silver,and unless it is really soiled,it looks good and i dont have to wash it every second day.Im done with wiping my car all the time at my ripe old age....ha ha ha

• 1 month later...

Hi there, I don't know if it is available in the UK but I went for the new Lava Blue and I love it. It seems to slightly change colour in the sunlight from a mid blue to almost metallic dark green colour and with the black leather interior looks quite the business. Would like to know if any companies do the small touch up bottles for when the inevitable scratches comes!! Whatever the colour you'll love the Snow Monster

Resale value is something to consider and this was in the Observer :-

Most popular colours worldwide

Sliver 26%

Black 24%

White 16%

Red 6%

Blue 5%

Brown/Beige 3%

Green 2%

Yellow/Gold 1%

The original Fiat Panda Pandamonium Limited Edition for sale - very tasty - :envy:http://cgi.ebay.co.u...id=322592892974 . B)

VW Polo Harlequin anyone ? - how about that for a Yeti paint job :giggle:

Edited by Bassa

Hi there, I don't know if it is available in the UK but I went for the new Lava Blue and I love it. It seems to slightly change colour in the sunlight from a mid blue to almost metallic dark green colour and with the black leather interior looks quite the business. Would like to know if any companies do the small touch up bottles for when the inevitable scratches comes!! Whatever the colour you'll love the Snow Monster

Your dealer's parts department should be able to able to source a Skoda paint touch-up stick in Lava Blue at a price around £10.00. Otherwise try: http://allams.netdirector.co.uk/category/Skoda/Skoda___Touch_Up_Paint/Blues,i.html

Muscovado and Cappucino are my favourites for the Yeti, closely followed by Steel Grey and then White.

I have a Cappucino but would have maybe gone for the Muscovado if I could have found one - but I will

add that IMO it depends on the combination of interior and exterior. I wanted a black interior and feel this

works better with the Cappucino, whereas the beige interior (which gets dirty too easy for my liking) suits

the Muscovado better.

Everyone has different taste...we've certainly come a long way from "Model-T black". :)

Are some colours more prone to stone chips??

In the olden days any solid colour fared worse than metallics since they did not get the final laquer layer, though I understand these days even the solid colours get this. Though in saying this it was always the guys with red Yetis that reported the most stone chips to the rear doors before the foils became standard...

Another thing to remember is that darker colours still have the same whitish base coat. So if you scratch them the lovely white base coat screams SCRATCH a mile away... Just another reason why white and silver are such popular colours.

In the olden days any solid colour fared worse than metallics since they did not get the final laquer layer, though I understand these days even the solid colours get this. Though in saying this it was always the guys with red Yetis that reported the most stone chips to the rear doors before the foils became standard...

Another thing to remember is that darker colours still have the same whitish base coat. So if you scratch them the lovely white base coat screams SCRATCH a mile away... Just another reason why white and silver are such popular colours.

But it is easy to see the scratch and hence apply a quick application of touch-up paint to protect the surface.

I like white, but the problem is that the scratch would store dirt after a while, so the scratch would become black instead of invisible. I actually think any pastel colours are quite good at hiding scratches.

89_-1322657401_xl.jpg

89_-1992300000_xl.jpg

89_-782837224_xl.jpg

Colour is a very personal thing. So go for whatever you like. From my experience though best to avoid dark colours as they need washing a LOT and also show scrathes very easily. My last car was like Aqua Blue and it never needed a wash and also never looked dirty. Same with my Steel Grey now. It gets washed about 4 times a year at most and does not look grubby the rest of the time. emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Well - this is the colour I will be picking up at 08:30 tomorrow morning... :) looking forward to it - not that many about by the looks of it and I have always liked green - matches my eyes :p

I share an unthinking vague prejudice about green cars and actually can't stand the very pale leaf greens old BMW's and Nissans suffer.

That Green is subtle, suits the car and I'd have one if -when you post a picture in natural light-it looks as good as that showroom lit image.

Is it regency green?

My favourite green car is not so different.............and for only aa couple of £million more I'd have one!

1961_AstonMartin_DB4GTZagato2.jpg

I'm surprised there hasn't been more support for steel grey. Our first Yeti was steel grey and in my opinion it's a lovely colour which suits the car well and hides dirt surprisingly well (and I speak as someone who lives at the end of a track that consistantly covers our cars in either mud or dust). Why is our new monster white then? Well we felt like a change, I've always though that Yetis look particularly good in white and the money we saved by ordering a non-metallic colour paid for a tow bar.

Phibes.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more support for steel grey. Our first Yeti was steel grey and in my opinion it's a lovely colour which suits the car well and hides dirt surprisingly well (and I speak as someone who lives at the end of a track that consistantly covers our cars in either mud or dust). Why is our new monster white then? Well we felt like a change, I've always though that Yetis look particularly good in white and the money we saved by ordering a non-metallic colour paid for a tow bar.

Phibes.

I'll vouch for that... The winter is nearly over and guess what? I realised I've never, not even once washed my silver painted steel winter wheels! :giggle: So I still don't know if my handywork is going to wash off at the first sign of a pressure washer! The car simply does not look dirty from afar. Yes, standing next to it, it is clear it needs a wash but from afar it looks clean. I also like that Steel Grey can be either grey or a subtle blue depending on there being grey clouds or blue sky above.

Will I get another Steel Grey? For the reasons above yes, but I'd also want something different so it will be either Muscovado or I'll save the cost of the metallic paint altogether and get some Matterhorns fitted to a white Yeti!