can you sleep in a roomster

fabia55

Should be able to with the seats folded flat.

But why would you want to?

i think you can seen sumethink on this site sume were form skodahome.cz and on another site ive seen sume done it

you have to sell that fabia and get a roomy

I am 6 foot plus a few inches and have managed to sleep in the Roomster. Back seats folded and tucked up in a semi-sitting position. Slept well enough but had a few aches for the following few days. A word of warning, never assume the inside of the car will remain warm and snug. Even in summer (when it comes) there is a night time chill that penetrates the interior.

That Swiss thing looks quite good :thumbup: clever bit of design engineering.. The promo video is a bit unrealistic though, I mean how many tasty birds have you ever seen driving a roomster? Most of the women I've seen driving them have saggy boobs and a moustache.

if you want to sleep in your wagon I can whole heartedly recommend not trying it in a skoda pickup, It damned nearly crippled me and it was cold too, but it did have all the the alfresco charm youd expect from basically sleeping outside on a slab of metal with ridges on it..

Might it not be better just to recline the front seat back and sleep like that in your roomster?

Interesting bed dimensions

Bed dimensions:

• Base L185 W120 cm

(95 cm feet base)

• Mattress* L198 W130 H7 cm

The mattress is 13cm longer and 10cm wider than the base?

The pictures also seem to show rear seats removed in bed mode, which would suggest they are sitting outside the car overnight or you leave them at home.

The cost is also interesting, around £5,500 which is about the same as a £50 a night hotel for 2 weeks for 9 years. I suppose if you like to get away from it all and be in the middle of nowhere it is a great idea but I suspect there are more cost effective camping solutions.

Edited by hertsnminds

that Swiss Roombox great idea, except for the colour.

Where's all tht water coming from for taking the shower and doing the washing up. There must be a boiler or water heater built in somewhere otherwise she'd be having a cold shower.

The cost is also interesting, around £5,500 which is about the same as a £50 a night hotel for 2 weeks for 9 years. I suppose if you like to get away from it all and be in the middle of nowhere it is a great idea but I suspect there are more cost effective camping solutions.

It's still a lot cheaper than buying a normal small camper van

• 9 months later...

I'm really entertained by this idea ... so I've been thinking. I'm 5'10, and with the front seat pushed foward and the matching rear seat removed, the space is long enough for me to lie down. There's just the inconvenient fact of the rear footwell making the space less-than-flat. Bumpy, no less. So I'm designing a fold-out bed that bridges that space. At the moment its just sketches on pieces of paper; in about two weeks, i might have both the time and access-to-materials to build a prototype :)

Please post pictures of your prototype; I would be very interested to see your solution.

I looked briefly at doing the same thing in mine, to give me somewhere to sleep if I arrived late at a campsite in heavy rain. I soon realised a fold-out bed would not only have to bridge the rear footwell, but it would also have to raise the load area to the level of the rear seat mountings in order to make a flat bed. Then I considered the mattress. Should I take cushions? Should I use an airbed? Should I use a self-inflating airbed, which would be too thin to be comfortable on a hard, flat surface? I could not think of a practical solution.

Then one evening I arrived at a campsite during persistent heavy rain. Unwilling to erect my tent, I slept on the reclined front passenger seat using one sleeping bag for warmth and another for a pillow. I slept so well that I gave no further thought to sleeping in the back of the car. For me, this was the simplest and most practical solution.

Good luck with your prototype :thumbup: