One Hundred Pound Fines

Newera

Of course, you're perfect! :no:

I think he's trolling again, he hasn't had a pop for while, so must be suffering withdrawal symptoms

I didn't actually detect any relevance to the proposed £40 increase in fixed penalties :dull:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the moral high ground police are on over time on this one!

Usual people. Same holier than thou crap they come out with.

Can you not help yourself, or were you born like it? what a bell end.

Speeding and using a phone whilst driving is optional, if you choose to do it and you get caught, then you man up and face the consequences. Your money, your choice, the only time that I'll have a problem with that is when it affects an innocent party.

Can you not help yourself, or were you born like it? what a bell end.

Facebook-Like-Button-big.jpg

Speeding and using a phone whilst driving is optional, if you choose to do it and you get caught, then you man up and face the consequences. Your money, your choice, the only time that I'll have a problem with that is when it affects an innocent party.

A fellow member of the "moral high ground police" :thumbup:

Speeding fine went from £40 to £60 in 2000 so not quite 20 years unless maths was taught differently at some point.

As for the fine I always think a punishment should fit the crime and the effect it will have on the guilty. In the case if speeding I agree with others that fines should be a % of income. That said compared to other crimes I think £60 is about right for an average income for what is a zero harm crime. I say zero harm as by virtue if you crash/injure you will be charged with a higher offence. Saying you might is irrelevant as at the time of offence you were not.

I think it is an easy way for the government to raise funds for the criminal injury fund vs routes of money from the crimes which they mainly pay out against, routes which have emphatically failed.

That said compared to other crimes I think £60 is about right for an average income for what is a zero harm crime. I say zero harm as by virtue if you crash/injure you will be charged with a higher offence.

Zero harm? Are you for real?!

They may be charged for a higher offence but that's only after its too late and doesn't necessarily mean the court will carry it out.

According to the OfNS the average male wage in this country is just over £25k a year, so £100 for being a complete "male chicken" seems perfectly reasonable, and at least you get a week or so to pay it. Trying getting caught by a manned speed check in France or Belgium. They don't even take you to the nearest cash machine nowadays, just hand you the credit card machine for you to punch in your pin number, and it can be a lot more than £100!!

I'm not Welsh

Which will please the welsh population no end including my sister and her family, unfortunately you are no doubt linked to some nationality or other who's peoples tolerance of you is a lot greater than your'll ever have or show of others. I could mention associations with amoebic and subhuman lifeforms but I'd be doing them a disservice and lowering myself to your level.

What you are though is a cyber bully of the highest order hiding behind your keyboard with nothing construct to say except inane comments at best, which are infrequent, though you contribute mostly antagonistic insulting posts which is frequently. You contribute nothing to a debate other than argue black is white or white is black with the intention to irritate other contributors.

You focus on a particular group of members and are always ready to have a dig, so narrow minded, childish and petty. open your eyes "boy" there are no groups, gangs etc. here, only like minded people who want to pass the time having a healthy debate and a laugh.

To be honest this has all been said before and you wont change because you are incapable of understanding the impact of your communication style has on others.

You are one which people tolerate at best though avoid where possible because of your attitude, outlook and Persona which comes across in this forum. I admire Colin and his tolerance for people like you and for allowing you to continue to be part of this community, for the reasons above you would have gone along time ago if it was my forum.

Grow up or go away.end of...

Apologies for hijacking this thread

I'm not Welsh

Thank God for that!! :yes:

For someone who has already had one "suspension" from this Forum you would think that he might learn....obviously not.

B33fy,

I've got fed up of reporting him!

Martyn,

I tried it and found it did.

Only thing we need to be wary of is going against people who just have differing opinions. If we banned people for that then this forum would be a very quiet and boring place. However blatant trolling even from the regulars is tiresome

As someone that has been caught and fined once for speeding (90 on the M42) in over 13 years of driving, i accepted my fine and that i was in the wrong and moved on with my life. If the fine goes up to £100 and i get caught again, i will accept and pay again but since i was stopped, i've eased off and drive a lot more sensibly now.

Zero harm? Are you for real?!

They may be charged for a higher offence but that's only after its too late and doesn't necessarily mean the court will carry it out.

The prosecution is for the crime committed not the potential - like many member on here I have driven at over double the UK speed limit on roads that may be 2 lanes and yet somehow managed to live. Therefore clearly and as many know driving to the conditions is far more important than an often arbitrary number.

I stand by that for an average income about £60 is right. That would actually give me a fine of around £100 as a direct %.

The prosecution is for the crime committed not the potential - like many member on here I have driven at over double the UK speed limit on roads that may be 2 lanes and yet somehow managed to live. Therefore clearly and as many know driving to the conditions is far more important than an often arbitrary number.

I stand by that for an average income about £60 is right. That would actually give me a fine of around £100 as a direct %.

It sounds like you are proud of that!

Thankfully if you had been caught they would probably have banned you, because speed like that is only applicable to a race track, and not the public road.

To be fair, there are roads where it's not stupidly dangerous to drive well into three figures at the right time and under the right conditions.

Ive done my own share of fast driving and riding at times but you are always aware of the risk to yourself, others and your licence and you decide if it's worth it.