Went to change performance map to original map...car wont start!

Went to put my original map back on the car as its going in for repair on Monday, used the STS box from shark and it wont communicate with the car!

Comes up with an error unable to communicate tried twice and nothing now when i switch on the ingnition the fans run super fast in the engine, and it wont start it turns but wont catch!!!

HELP!!

No worries dude, friggin crapping my self now.

STS just comes up a communication error :( never had any bother with it before and used it to check for any codes a few days ago.

I think there was a software update recently with the people that make the sts unit. Ben updated it on the website for a new download. It might only be relevant to new customers with the unit as one of mine had an issue, but it might be worth a go?

Maybe wait and speak to Rob or Mikko in the morning. I am sure they will sort it for you.

Rob

Oh dear. That doesn't sound very good. You are a bit far for me too as I am in kent.

A long shot but have you tried disconnecting the battery etc? Not entirely sure what help it would be but if it is having a hissy fit it might sort itself out?

Nah i havent, i will leave that till the morning, it locks and unlocks fine, radio etc works but just doesnt start...

I had this with my bluefin my original file wasnt closed properly by superchips, while they fixed it I had to force the modified map back in by treating it as if I had immobilised it by the bluefin as you can.

Absolute nightmare mate!! it crashed halfway through so tried again and crashed again so pulled the cable out and tried to start it wouldnt catch thats when i heard the fans kicking in and running full pelt.

I hope its not a spiked ECU or i'm trully --EDITED--!

Edited by Nick P
bypassing profanity filter

Absolute nightmare mate!! it crashed halfway through so tried again and crashed again so pulled the cable out and tried to start it wouldnt catch thats when i heard the fans kicking in and running full pelt.

I hope its not a spiked ECU or i'm trully fuked!

It is scary my fans were going too id say the ori file is damaged by shark this is the first time you have tried to restore it right? Im on my phone cant send links if you google 'had its chips briskoda' you should find my thread. Worst case scenario is you buy a leon cupra 240 bhp ECU from ebay £250 when I looked frantically trying to find a soloution lol

Hope you get it sorted mate. I've always avoided these sts units for fear of this sort of thing happening. They're great when they work but you're screwed when they don't.

All sorted!!

I re-tried this morning at 8:30am sat in the car, door open, fans running again scared to move for fear of it crashing again lol.

And that wonderful "ting ting ting" and reading COMPLETE!! was such a relief and when it started no problem was even better.

I'll still drop shark an email about it see if they can advise of anything.

Cheers for the help guys its very much appreciated :rock:

this happened to me on my VRS, I took the box and tightened all the connections and got it to rewrite the original file and it worked, try it again a few times, something has interrupted the write.