What is a remapped VRS as quick as

FabiaVRSAJ

Fabia vrs is unfortunately now becoming the local mcdonalds car replacing the citroen saxo

As much as I hate to say it having owned my own Fab vRS,

you can now easily pick up one for under 3k and that puts in reach

of the saxo boyz. Had to LOL that someone reckons they are quicker

than a S4 :rofl: Leave it out!!

• Like 4

,,,,,,see Post #176,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh, you already did,,,,,,,,,,,0/10 for originality :wonder:

He got 3 likes for that which should have been mine!!! Likepoacher!! :p
  • Like 3

He got 3 likes for that which should have been mine!!! Likepoacher!! :p

what's the bets he'll say 'I never even saw that' hoping as it's an old thread he'll get away with it :D

I have paid sub £1,500 for my Fabia vRS MK1,

Fastest skoda....

at GTi Springfest last weekend :D

Just ticked over 600 miles to that tank as well as I ragged it to a 14.4 second run down the 1/4 :p

:D Did you get a trophy? I won that a few years back, was my first time down the strip done terrible but still beat the octavia that was there. All my mates found it hilarious that I'd won.

Mine is remapped apparently 180 brake , and I lined up two gtis 56 plate shapes , one was remapped and they couldn't keep up... Fly past them , two different occasions

really??? a remapped Golf GTi, 240ish brake horse power against your 180? They cant drive properly then can they.

This thread wants locked and deleted forever!

What a load of complete nonsense!

Fabia vrs is unfortunately now becoming the local mcdonalds car replacing the citroen saxo

unfortunately very much true

Stage 2 hybrid fabia vrs's can keep up with a mk2 focus rs. wont go past one, but you can most defiantly match them on acceleration to way over a 100.

Im running around a 'quoted' 230-240bhp.

Your having a laugh mate, as your Leon is ten a penny common as muck compared to a VRS, at least where I live. Just for the book mine keeps up with a civic type R within the speed limit, yes the driver stopped to comment on my car. I have also slain numerous cooper S's (admitted lady driver most time lol) and Fiesta ST's. They stay with me to 3rd gear then it's bye bye. Also a Golf DSG 200 bhp beasty could not pull an inch on me infact when we hit a steep hill he moved over. People hate our vrs's for a reason :D.

Edited by RAPTURE

I just think owners think they are invincible with huge anounts of torque when racing :) lol

Not saying they are crap, I had one and loved it. Old tech now and the wallop of torque is now spread out on new diesels.

I just think owners think they are invincible with huge anounts of torque when racing :) lol

Not saying they are crap, I had one and loved it. Old tech now and the wallop of torque is now spread out on new diesels.

That last point is why, to me, the VRS mk1 is still a fun car to drive over a lot of newer ones.

My mk1 SE was highly tuned and would annoy TVR drivers at Santa Pod and M3 drivers at Brands Hatch.

Just, it could be the driver, but it was still a lot of fun.

Got a stock mk1 VRS now and it's still a nice car to drive. A punch or torque making fel quick and you have to actually drive it.

I much prefer it to the mk2, even if the mk2 is quicker.

It's a shame that in the quest to make the later cars better (which they are from a speed/refinement perspective) some of the fun element has been filtered out.

Lol at this thread....

although I did push a v6 Clio up the motorway slip in my felicia, when we got out onto road I gave him the thumbs up and he waved and did the same, he went his way and I went mine..