What is a remapped VRS as quick as

FabiaVRSAJ

What cars is a remapped fabia as fast as in terms of a standing start, figures or on the move - not cornering/handling stuff. Please share your experiences etc.

I don't want this to get silly, nor do i condone street racing don't want it to get off topic either.

We'll start of saying a remapped is not as fast a Civic type R, i recall a threads years ago that spiralled out of control LOL.

I have a remap planned, bit of weight saving and a decat and JOM coilovers but thats all.

Just intrigued really.

Cheers

Edited by FabiaVRSAJ

standard ep3 type r i guess. i was level with a few when just mapped, dunno if they were standard or they cudnt drive or what tbh

Oh yeah, standard ones :p im not dillisional lol.... We all know how these topics can spiral in to a world of bull **** Ferrari eating Fabias

Oh yeah, standard ones :p im not dillisional lol.... We all know how these topics can spiral in to a world of bull **** Ferrari eating Fabias

A vRS can't take a Ferrari, no way, not noboy not no how!

A 2.0 however...

:giggle:

• Like 2

To me a standing start isn't a real world example.

What I find more important is the rolling start results.

With these engines the main advantage is how quick they pick up from a rolling start and not having to change right down to do so.

I also couldn't live with something like a Civic which are gutless unless revving to 9000rpm or whatever... just not a comfortable experience and having to rev the nuts off it everywhere to enjoy it doesn't appeal.

3000rpm is plenty for me thanks.

Phil

Guest BigJase88

Ctr will muller a mapped fabia...

Mapped fabias are respectable until about 70/80 when the start to run out of puff...

You'll give most cars a shock from low down but most hot hatches will pull on you once you get into 4th lets say.

I find mine pulls pretty well right into triple figures and certainly wouldn't describe it as running out of puff at 70/80.

I know that 4th will take me to triple figures if I let it rev right out. I think this may be different in a later (shorter) gearbox.

Phil

• Like 1

If your car is 175bhp say and you take an average males weight plus the car (3060lb) this in theory is 7.7sec to 60mph so compare that to some other cars.

EDIT: The calc I used said to not include body weight as it already factored in so that would make it 7.3sec to 60mph

Edited by HuxleyVRS

Yes most cars quoted acceleration figures include a driver and a full tank of fuel... I think some manufacturers exclude a full tank etc though to boost the figures a bit.

What's the 0-60 on a standard car? Just looked it up and it's listed as 9.2 seconds but thought they were quicker than that.

Also just noticed that my car is actually lighter than a vRS.

Phil

I beat an RX8 recently, whether he knew how to drive was a different story but he was definitely trying.

Edit: Sorry forgot to mention mine is standard, so remapped he would have been destroyed.

Edited by Rusko187

I beat an RX8 recently, whether he knew how to drive was a different story but he was definitely trying.

Edit: Sorry forgot to mention mine is standard, so remapped he would have been destroyed.

Again... another fast/powerful car but in order to use that power you have to rev it like you stole it. I reckon not everybody who owns them likes to do that and so they never get to use the full potential of the car.

You'd pee all over him at a rolling start in 5th gear etc but if he had tried properly from a standing start then probably pee'd all over you. lol

Phil

Thats funny actually, my friend had an rx8 and he seems to have struggled to keep pace, only tried it when he first got it though, so maybe he didnt know how to use it properly. interesting to see the stats.

Edit: As above really :)

Again... another fast/powerful car but in order to use that power you have to rev it like you stole it. I reckon not everybody who owns them likes to do that and so they never get to use the full potential of the car.

You'd pee all over him at a rolling start in 5th gear etc but if he had tried properly from a standing start then probably pee'd all over you. lol

Phil

Yeah your probably right, it was from standing start so I probably just caught him unawares but it did look like he was giving it beans right from the get go.

Depends which power version and gearbox. But even the higher powered (220bhp?) version will have pretty puney torque figures I imagine and then the need to really get it revving to get the power out of it so unless he was in the right gear to have the revs up and in the power band he'd be left standing... as he was.

I'm of the mindset that a surprise victory is just as good as any though ;)

That's the beauty of these engines... very easy to get moving fast without really trying and surprise people!

People who buy performance cars, proper performance cars, will drive them properly, generally.

And a mapped vRS won't be able to keep up/catch or whatever most decent hot hatches, when driven properly. Don't forget "driving a derv properly" means making most of the torque down low, and driving a CTR means winding it right up to 9,000+ RPM.