Yeti Urban

LeeHarrison

Another dim salesperson then; probably has not got a clue what ESP stands for, or what it can do in terms of safety :no:

Saved me once on the A1 avoiding a lane changer that didn't look before moving :swear:

TP

It was worse that that. He was trying to flog a car he had in stock after she had specifically said that she wanted ESP for the safety aspect.

Getting back on topic, the Yeti Urban does look excellent.

Blimey has the Ventnor Blog reached Hertfordshire? Ruddy marvelous this technology thing :) (Ventnor is very close to my old homestead!)

Cheeky sod :D

No one should ever underestimate the safety benefits of ESP. It saved my ass in a big way last year (motorway, lane changer, no indicators, raining etc).

Should be standard on EVERY car made. Probably will be in a few years time - like ABS and airbags.

Quite like those wheels, a little different from the standard Skoda stuff. More variety like that in the future please.

Matterhorns = another 'white worm' cert!

And why bring out another (Ltd Edition) model when they can't supply most current models promptly - or is it a case of Skoda telling us what they think we should need? :think:

I was always under the impression that Limited Editions started to appear during the run out of the existing model prior to the introduction of its replacement.

Does this mean that Yeti II is soon to be upon us - '13??

I was always under the impression that Limited Editions started to appear during the run out of the existing model prior to the introduction of its replacement.

Does this mean that Yeti II is soon to be upon us - '13??

Without going back and trawling through what has been posted previously, I would expect a Yeti FL (facelift), rather than a 2, as why fix somat that aint broke..... :rofl:

I've tried to look up that part number through EPAC and it doesn't get recognised.

Could they be European only (ordering wise)?

As for a Limited Edition meaning the end of the current Yeti, I would have thought not as Rockhopper mentioned, if it's not broke don't fix it. I would guess that it's more of a way of 'using up' extras such as the arch extensions (£400ish fitted).

I've tried to look up that part number through EPAC and it doesn't get recognised.

Could they be European only (ordering wise)?

Try: 5L0 601 025 F "Matterhorn" 7Jx17 ET45 rim color: FL8 "black metallic"

What no DSG ? Quoting SUK :- "Yeti Urban Fresh to the Yeti range is the Special Edition Yeti Urban, completely styled for life in the city." Thought a DSG option would be ideal for "life in the city".

What no DSG ? Quoting SUK :- "Yeti Urban Fresh to the Yeti range is the Special Edition Yeti Urban, completely styled for life in the city." Thought a DSG option would be ideal for "life in the city".

Presumably Skoda don't control the supply of DSG boxes but do have some gaps to fill in the production schedule.

Edited by raysablade

• 4 weeks later...

The Yeti Urban now mentioned on the Autoexpress site:

http://www.autoexpre...yeti_urban.html

And CAR magazine:

http://www.carmagazi...icial-pictures/

And Autocar:

http://www.autocar.c...AllCars/261966/

And Carscoop:

http://carscoop.blog...ition-yeti.html?

And Autoblog:

http://www.autoblog....-urban-edition/

And every mag/blog on Škoda's press list I guess! :giggle:

Saw a white Yeti Urban in my dealer's showroom yesterday afternoon. It looked absolutely great in the sun. :thumbup:

Had a quick nose around it and found that it has a mid/dark grey carbon effect dashboard trim (instead of silver) that looked really smart and also the tyres were Pirelli P ZERO Rosso.

Very tempted to try and persuade my wife to look at it to replace her Roomster but the lack of DSG will be a stumbling block; oh well. :(

I must admit to not frequenting this section very often but I am taking to the Yeti, and that Urban does look very smart, especially in White.

Mum's SEAT Altea is due to be replaced soon - perhaps I can persuade the folks that a Yeti is required, my Dad likes them!

Just had our first one turn up - all black and it looks a tad 'stealthy' (is that a proper word)??.

The jury was out on the Matterhorns but once seen in the flesh/metal they look nice.

Just had our first one turn up - all black and it looks a tad 'stealthy' (is that a proper word)??.

The jury was out on the Matterhorns but once seen in the flesh/metal they look nice.

OH!!! Is it a demo? Can one come and have a look? Someone mentioned a different colour of silver strip on the dash. Can you take some photos please?

I think black on black is a bit much. The white with black wheels or even Steel Grey will work better in my view.

OH!!! Is it a demo? Can one come and have a look? Someone mentioned a different colour of silver strip on the dash. Can you take some photos please?

I think black on black is a bit much. The white with black wheels or even Steel Grey will work better in my view.

I'll be able to do a photo of the dash tomorrow morning as I am going up to my dealer to collect Kevin.

All black - drug dealer's car?

Drug dealers car...... this IS East London :giggle:

Just waiting for the lads to give it a clean and will get some photos uploaded.

Will check on the dash trim as well, we have got a couple coming to us so am pretty sure that one will be out on the road.