car vandalised - new bonnet cost

Some real shytes out there.....

check this out, probably cheapest option,

http://www.ebay.co.u...b0#ht_666wt_732

Although the heading lists it upto 2009, its actually the facelift 2009 onwards bonnet.Personally I wouldn't bother with the main dealer's, most don't do bodywork and outsource it.

if you can get the above, then get a few quotes from local bodyshops to paint/prepare your bonnet then fit.

Edited by octavialover

Tried scrap dealer? You might get one breaking a rear ended colour matched car?

If you can avoid having to get anything painted that'll save you a lot.

thanks for the advice all - any recomendations of a good VBRA-approved outfit in Glasgow?

Also, update from the police they have someone in custody and want the SOC guys to do an imprint of the hole tomorrow to match with the wepon they recoved. Well done strathclyde police, i wasnt expecting that!

Blimey the police managed to catch someone who wasnt just a speeding driver lol. A bit harsh i know.

Might be able to get some costs out of the knob head, but if not then with it being a bonnet you might aswell take it to be painted (if you cant get one the right colour) and then fit it to the car yourself. Simple job for two people and its 4 x 10mm bolts and then a few minutes opening and closing carefully to make sure its aligned.

I would say £80-£100 for the bonnet and about the same to spray it. Fitting yourself will save you about £100 which can then be spent on some nice stuff for yourself, like a claw hammer to put through the side of the clowns head :)!

Edited by dainott