Bonnet Gas Struts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

alvoturk9000  is the ebay lister for a pair of lifters.. £36 plus £7 postage, waived for forum users.. just ask for invoice first.

just bought mine from him price has went up abit to £47 but he will still offer free postage and he is shipping them via fed ex urgent, mine arrived in less than 48 hrs from Taiwan.

just bought mine from him price has went up abit to £47 but he will still offer free postage and he is shipping them via fed ex urgent, mine arrived in less than 48 hrs from Taiwan.

Get a pic up once there on mate. Might invest in a set.

Got mine fitted today pretty simple to fit took about 15 min although my bonnet seems to sit slightly higher on the left when the bonnet is down yet flush on the right?

Thought it was maybe rest on the yellow slot so removed it and still the same.

Anyone with any ideas?

AA7C3A05-7B65-4291-8E4A-CBD837770847_zps

D42884A2-4B19-4702-994A-02B8828C102B_zps

Edited by AMD87

Hoping I don't get this as mine came yesterday !!

The letter didn't come till Friday and I got my struts on the 24th!

Seems like FedEx decide to deliver it then ask for payment unlike Royal Mail/parcel force/ups who ask you to pay before giving you your stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Crikey, was thinking of ordering a set until I read about the FedEx bill looks like the total cost just jacked up to about £80 that's a bit steep, shame that.

Could try and ask him to send it via another type of delivery just as just normal post rather than FedEx and it might slip through but it's a risk you would need to take.

Thought it would be worth mentioning it though so others have a heads up.

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, thetraindriver01 said:

Hi folks, new here so be gentle:-)  does anyone have some dimensions for these struts please? Length, eyelet hole dia, etc? Could possibly look uk wide for these then and help out a bit, AMD87 would you be so kind? Great pics by the way, thanks.

Have a look at these http://www.sgs-engineering.com/car-boot-tailgate/skoda  They mainly list tailgate struts, but they also do custom ones, bought a set from them for 6N1 Polo bonnet, a few years ago, great service :) 

• Like 1