Yeti type for a small deposit

Bassa

Would like to see 3 year residuals on the car. :wonder:

At least if it does goes wrong, parts from the Renault side of a breakers yard will be easy to find.

On the plus side if someone wants a new car, albeit basic for £11k it should sell.

Would like to see 3 year residuals on the car. :wonder:

Thing is, as a percentage residuals may be bad, but in terms of actual cost they'll be quite good because the thing is so cheap to begin with.

Problem is, you have to drive around is a budget renault in the meantime...

I wouldn't even drive a regular renault

Thing is, as a percentage residuals may be bad, but in terms of actual cost they'll be quite good because the thing is so cheap to begin with.

Problem is, you have to drive around is a budget renault in the meantime...

I wouldn't even drive a regular renault

My point exactly.

The thing is super cheap though - haven't even seen a 1.2 Yeti E for under £10k.

I totally realise its not going to be as comfortable, refined, safe or as fun as a Yeti but putting it into perspective; £12,500 for a fairly capable little 4x4 is pretty good in my book. Ive seen quite a number of them around France and think they look pretty interesting tbh.

I'll stick with the Yeti thank you all the same. :think:

If I wanted 'cheap tatt' I would not have purchased the yeti :giggle:

I don't think it will be anywhere near Skoda quality or reliability :no:

Having had a good look at one whilst in France recently I wouldn't have one, and actually wouldn't compare it with the Yeti. It is a lot bigger.

There was also an earlier post on this which showed the EU Safety testing results and the Yeti was much better.

There was also an earlier post on this which showed the EU Safety testing results and the Yeti was much better.

As I mentioned in http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/235323-urban-model-and-lack-of-esp/page__view__findpost__p__2769101 the Yeti score includes optional ESP and side curtain airbags though. Certainly the Duster's scoring falls down in places (better in one of the child scores though) - http://www.euroncap.com/results/dacia/duster/2011/421.aspx - so I would surmise that it was indeed "safer" - as indeed say the Audi Q3 is "safer" than the Yeti - http://www.euroncap.com/results/audi/q3/2011/446.aspx ... I guess "you get wot you pays for".

• 2 months later...

Saw my first Dacia Duster in the flesh today. It was a French registered white one stopped on the side of the road with it's bonnet up and a tow truck waiting. I'll keep the yeti thanks.

the driver - identified only as Johan........ ?

Given the inability of the press to spell names correctly, should we be worried?!!! :giggle:

Saw one in the flesh in the show room and one near Oxford Circus (with all the Dacia advertisement on the side) last weekend. I really don't think it's a bad looking thing and after being in it, I thought it was solidly built. Can't fault it for the price.