Yeti driver officially becomes 'old fart'.

Bobdog

I have just taken out car insurance via SAGA, whose quote beat my previous insurers (the Co-op) by £200, and all the others I could find by at least £150. My gran used to go on SAGA holidays - she told me SAGA stood for "Sex And Games for the Aged" and described it as "like Club 18-30 for the elderly". I am reluctantly reconciling myself to the idea that I am no longer 'young', and that Stuart Lancaster will not be on the 'phone asking me to play against South Africa this summer.

Well, the alternative is not getting older, and that's no fun at all :angel:

On the plus side, I make use of my bus pass, and the winter fuel payment comes in handy at Christmas :giggle:

And we're still up for rumpypumpy.

On the whole, it's all good.

I feel your pain, I have recently lost out on fitting in on a 18-30's holiday by age,

Until I am in the age category to sign up with the local behemoth that is SAGA, what do I have to look forward to! In a few short years I won't even be able to be in the 25-34 category on questionnaire's!

Who the hell is Stuart Lancaster?

The recently appointed Head Coach of the England rugby team.

I cried when I got to 30. It had been my life's ambition to be a 'toy boy' and I realised I wasn't going to make it!

When I renewed my comp policy last month, the CO-OP came out on top again, SAGA was £36 more at £238. I don't know what the criteria is that makes SAGA cheaper for some and more for others. I have not got, or ever had any penalty points and my NCD is in the excess of 20 years.

By the time I get to SAGA age the government will have no doubt built a Logan's Run style 'regeneration arena' on the site of the new EDF nuclear power stations so I'll miss out on SAGA (and the state pension!)

Renewed mine last month with NFU Mutual was a very reasonable £299.

Couple more years before I can get a quote from SAGA or 'Sexual Activities for Geriatrics Abroad' as I thought it was known, but some days do feel like an old fart!

I have my wife's Roomster insured with SAGA but found that Skoda Insurance were better for me in my Yeti, plus they (Skoda Ins) are more adept and understand about modifications.

Idle musings on this information.........

I wonder who the OLDEST Yeti owner on this list is?

So far, at 66 Merlinman carries the incontinence pad. At a mere 63 I'm holding the denture cup.

Unless, of course, you know different!

• Like 1

Well I'm 71 but I will be surprised if I am the oldest. When I tried SAGA they were dearer than my existing insurer - and as for getting it £200 lower, mine is only about £200 anyway.

Edited by Norry

Well, the alternative is not getting older, and that's no fun at all :angel:

On the plus side, I make use of my bus pass, and the winter fuel payment comes in handy at Christmas :giggle:

And we're still up for rumpypumpy.

On the whole, it's all good.

That reply was just fine.........

......up to the word "Christmas" :(

Although not directly related to Yeti insurance. (which I will be needing before long).

Odd things happen to car insurance once you get over 50.

I'm 58 and my insurer wanted £175 fully comp for my 04 Octavia Elegance estate (1.9TDI).

as it happened I sold the car just before the renewal was due and bought an i10 at a very good price - They then wanted more than double for a smaller and less powerful car.

After lots of ringing around SAGA offered me £160 fully comp with £30 off if I got a home insurance quote - which I didn't even have to take up.

RIAS (who also say they target the 50+ ers) quoted me £133

Both quotes were as a result of phone calls, not comparison sites.

Will be calling both once the Yeti arrives

Edited by vegit8