FUBAR

Yeah i used to work in the bike trade so have a few useful contacts lol

OHHHHHHHHHHH know anywhere that would absorb a bike into stock :) Or good cheap transportation companies for EU-UK?

Yeah i used to work in the bike trade so have a few useful contacts lol

Good to know. It may not necessarily be that bike but I'll go up tomorrow to see what they have, ask for advice etc. I've already had someone saying a CBR is too much but my logic is that I'm in control of that power and I'm not 17 with no fear any more. I'm open to suggestions but I'm not too sure on Kawasaki's. Just not keen on the green colour or some of the looks.

http://www.dynamic-freight-shipping.co.uk/motorcycle-shipping.htmlhttp://www.dynamic-freight-shipping.co.uk/motorcycle-shipping.html

Few lads i know have used this company, seem to rate them highly.

Used stick is pretty bloated just now Fub's, i'll ask about and see what i can do.

http://www.dynamic-f...e-shipping.html

Few lads i know have used this company, seem to rate them highly.

Used stick is pretty bloated just now Fub's, i'll ask about and see what i can do.

Cheers mucker, I think my easiest option would be ride it to Dover and get a domestic transporter to collect, used a few in past. Found a place online earlier with a post code to post code quote for £282 which isnt bad, not crate obviously but their vans seem kitted out well with custom racks GPS tracking etc. Really don't want the hassle would near just be as easy selling it and buying another!

If you shop around, you can still get a brand new SV650 for £3999 mate.

Official uk bike, 2yr warranty and free servicing from some places.

There was one at Thunder Road but it was more than that. Came with free servicing and I think £300 in free Suzuki accessories. Gonna look into them a lot more now, do some insurance quotes ect then I'll phone. Went up today to sit on a few and the GSX 650F almost seems too small for me. I have size 13 feet and the pegs seemed too close to the brake and shifting would have been a pain. Sat on a SV650 and felt fine from the off. This one wasn't a sport so didn't have fairings or the other bits but could all be ordered and with the offer on the new one I'd just pay the difference. I'm annoyed with myself I'd forgotten the price. If I really can get one under £4k it's a no brainer to buy a new one. Didn't really want to but all the used ones were about the same money. Once I get my licence back from the morons at the DVLA I can test ride a few to see what I think. The SV650 may be "slow" compared to a CBR (they didn't have an old one there) but is cheaper and at least I can learn with this one then go from there. I sat on a brand new CBR600F and felt perfect. Something for the future perhaps.

I know quite a few people who had SV's as first bikes and loved them. £4k sounds great value too, but I can't help wonder if that means the bottoms dropped out of the second hand market and you'd be able to pick up a low milage one for peanuts. If you're thinking you might only keep it for a year or so and then move on it may be worth considering, but if you plan to keep it for a few years then the new one sounds like a great deal.

I don't really want to spend more than 4k on my first one. The less the better but it still has to be tidy.

My first purchase before bike was decent gear then bike came after, so I didn't overspend on that and end up skimping on gear :( Worked though!

I vaguely know one of the guys who set this firm up, might be worth dropping them a line to see if they'd do a european pickup

http://www.wemovebikesandquads.co.uk/

How far are you from a ferry port?

Cheers for link, I think I have seen their site before when searching on google.

Yea they say Englad, Scotland and Wales :( I had my ZZR1200 picked up from North England and shipped to me here a few years back but only because it was Nov and weather had turned compacted snow and digging out vehicles at work ride was impossible. :( That time I used Shipley for people to bid for my business which I was really impressed with, didn't go with the cheapest in the end but one that I trusted and was spot on for £485. After I broke my leg, needed to get my ZZR1400 from NI to NL....... That was no cheaper than £1000 from anyone, had a race team offer to move it but couldn't squeeze it in, in the end. So I bought a cheap run around with a tow bar and a trailer and towed it back myself :D Car and bike both sold for more than I paid for them very luckily insurance covered my travel costs.

I am just going to leave this one on the back burner for a bit and see what happens prob wont happen, next one to plan will be moving it to NI instead which is more expensive and harder! But I am up for a wee ride for that one I think, just need to buy a house with a garage at other end before I go.

• Like 1

Born Again Biker, me.

Not a patch on some of the lovely metal in the previous 30 pages, but I love to ride this thing!

IMG_4378.jpg

Started out on a Honda PC50, when the world was still in black-and-white.

"Progressed" to more powerful machines (there weren't any LESS powerful!!), ending with a '78 GS1000 Suzuki, which I still have in the back of a garage somewhere.

A couple of years ago, some guys from work asked me if I wanted to go to Spain on an off-roading weekend. Answer: YES. Thinks: Haven't ridden a bike in 30 years.

Out came the MCN and I bought the little Honda. Road legal Motocrosser - and doesn't it show it's pedigree at times!

Got in some Green Laning practice in Wales and South Shropshire with some TRF guys.

Thought I'd sell the bike after the Spanish trip, but NO WAY.

So much fun to ride, and you're not going too fast. No lorries or lampposts, just the odd sheep and barbed wire.

So now I'm not a fair weather biker like I used to be. I love the mud and slippy stuff, and even a bit of snow and ice occasionally.

The bike is far better than I'll ever be, and it red-lines at 70 in top, power wheelies in the first 3 gears, even with fat bloke on it

A full days off-roading - about 150 miles - on less than a tenner's worth of petrol. Cheap thrills indeed.

IMG_4640.jpg

And yes, this is a fully legal road!

Mike

• Like 1

Nice one Mike, your selling me on the idea :D Might be something to look at if I move back to the UK as planned later in year. Did you see the GSXR 1000 green laning earlier in thread?? :giggle:

Nice one Mike, your selling me on the idea :D Might be something to look at if I move back to the UK as planned later in year. Did you see the GSXR 1000 green laning earlier in thread?? :giggle:

Yes, I'd seen that one previously.

Tyres make a big difference off road!!!

Be warned - green laning is not like riding on the road. You WILL fall off FREQUENTLY at first.

I started with a couple of green laning novices. One was a VERY accomplished road rider and car racer. He still falls off more often than the rest of us, but maybe he's just a little too competitive.

In 2 years of falling off, our crowd have suffered no injury worse than muddy humiliation, and I have had some spectacular falls.

A couple of weeks ago we had a green lane Newbie with us - and he had a history of motocrossing. He didn't manage much more than half a mile at a time without being spat off. After a morning of this, he calmed down and started enjoying himself.

On top of this, you can get a decent bike for 2 grand to do it on - because it will get scratched.

There's a good bunch of lads doing it - regardless of ability (and I'm crpa!). The quick lads will wait for the slower ones, or just do the trail twice.

Tremendous fun

Mike

Does anyone have any experience with the newer XJ6-n of the FZ6-n?

Time for a new bike and at a bit of a loss!

Going to go for a multi and not a twin this time, although I do like the new er6-n!

Got the Yorkhill easter eggvrun on the 31st and will be riding this :-)

bike1_zpsd32500e4.jpg

What exactly is it now and whos is it? Looks some yoke!

The easter egg run is for yorkhill sick kids hospital in glasgow, thousands do it every year.

Raise a load of cash and the kids get a laugh at bikers dressed as easter bunnys lol.

Its my mates dads goldwing trike, he cant ride just now due to medical condition so im taking him in on it lol.

• Like 1

The easter egg run is for yorkhill sick kids hospital in glasgow, thousands do it every year.

Raise a load of cash and the kids get a laugh at bikers dressed as easter bunnys lol.

Its my mates dads goldwing trike, he cant ride just now due to medical condition so im taking him in on it lol.

Yea they seem to have easter egg runs all over UK. Need some embarrassing pics I think!