FUBAR

Out of interest has anyone ever used https://www.adelaideinsurance.com/ They really impressed me with the Z1000SX cheapest quote I got for FC with full EU cover at FC was £571 and that was by £70. Adelaide when called me back were only ones to beat even that slashed it to £486. They are one of these places to claim to beat any ones price but seem to actually do it. Heard a lot of people saying the same with car and bike.

I am enjoying it tbh i prefer sports bikes but this is really turning me to the dark side powerfull and nimble... IVe just bought a belly pan for it hopfully get it sprayed up and fitted shortly :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Oh but your new bike is a fine looking machine :)

I love the look of it and being fairly short wheel base and loads of torque it doesn't have squirm about, but I still would love to get another ZZR1200. It for me was the one that got away (RIP Big Zed)

I love the look of it and being fairly short wheel base and loads of torque it doesn't have squirm about, but I still would love to get another ZZR1200. It for me was the one that got away (RIP Big Zed)

:( - sometimes you don't know what you've got til it's gone - but hey at least you can say with confidence there are other BIG ZED's - that's the great thing about machines :yes:

• Like 1

:( - sometimes you don't know what you've got til it's gone - but hey at least you can say with confidence there are other BIG ZED's - that's the great thing about machines :yes:

Hard pushed to find the ZZR1200 in the spec and condition I want took me 2 years to find my late one. Saw one since that was slightly better but I had just bought the new bike and thought it would be a bit silly to buy another right then. When I move back to NI the market drops down again. Expensive to fly to GB to view a bike that you might have to walk away from.

Hard pushed to find the ZZR1200 in the spec and condition I want took me 2 years to find my late one. Saw one since that was slightly better but I had just bought the new bike and thought it would be a bit silly to buy another right then. When I move back to NI the market drops down again. Expensive to fly to GB to view a bike that you might have to walk away from.

Will keep an eye open in case I come across one :yes:

Guys

Any of you had any experience with the GSX-R750 in the last few years, been looking at a 2011 one today. Insurance is pretty much identical to that of the 600 so just looking for opinions :)

I don't but know a lot of people really like 750s since they have most of the power of a litre bike without the insurance and running costs.

• Like 1

I have my theory next weekend and my practical w/c 6th may, any tips.......... Other than rubber side down! :D

Theory is a doddle, I had the question 'what is a lifesaver' 3 times in mine. Few questions highlighting the vulnerability of motorcyclists compared to car drivers, such as giving more room in high winds as we can be blown all over.

Is it your mod 1 you have on the 6th mate?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Guys

Any of you had any experience with the GSX-R750 in the last few years, been looking at a 2011 one today. Insurance is pretty much identical to that of the 600 so just looking for opinions :)

Not that recent,but I had a 750k4 model that I hated! Though I still love the way they look. I bought it after reading the virtues of the 750 in all the magazines. Wish I'd took one for a test ride before I bought it. I tried to like it, it was fast and handled, but it missed that x factor which to me is more important.

A friend has a '06/'07 model and loves it and has had it from nearly new. All I can say is get a good test ride before handing over any money.

Damn you!!! iPlayer is not available outside of the UK.... I will have to fire up some VPN goodness to see it.

Don't worry too much it's mainly about sunday warriors going to fast on a straight bit of road and not being considerate when approaching junctions.

I'll wait for the slagging...

Not that recent,but I had a 750k4 model that I hated! Though I still love the way they look. I bought it after reading the virtues of the 750 in all the magazines. Wish I'd took one for a test ride before I bought it. I tried to like it, it was fast and handled, but it missed that x factor which to me is more important.

A friend has a '06/'07 model and loves it and has had it from nearly new. All I can say is get a good test ride before handing over any money.

Thanks mate, my little bandit 650 has been excellent but want a more sporty bike. Will have to get myself out on one.

Hi Peeps

Just wanted to put a post up in here. I love my bikes altho currently dont own a road bike as i had to sell them both for more cash to get married :sweat:

Ive had a Honda nsr 125

First bike bloody loved it :D

f_778945_1.jpg

From there i passed my test and moved on to a 99 zx6r g2

bikepics-47374-800.jpg

Changed the fairings to a yanagowa bsb set which looked loverly oh and a yoshimura exhaust :D

bikepics-127281-full.jpg

Here is a pic from MCN in 2005...... oh yeah my gf (now wife) was MCN L plate babe of the year that year ;) (also swicthed to a titanium akrapovic full system ;)

tasha.jpg

slight mishap ended that story :(

smashed.jpg

So i moved on to one of these R1's :D ( had just started working for yamaha at the time so got it bloody cheap.

side.jpg

Kept it until recently when i bought a new one but also bought a xmax 250cc scooter to ride to work.

P1000675.jpg

xmaxside.jpg

And thats me done :D

On a side note as said i worked for yamaha, im a qualified bike mechanic so feel free to private msg me if u wanna know summin and ill see if i can help :thumbup:

Be safe gents

• Like 1

Hi Peeps

Just wanted to put a post up in here. I love my bikes altho currently dont own a road bike as i had to sell them both for more cash to get married :sweat:

Ive had a Honda nsr 125

First bike bloody loved it :D

f_778945_1.jpg

From there i passed my test and moved on to a 99 zx6r g2

bikepics-47374-800.jpg

Changed the fairings to a yanagowa bsb set which looked loverly oh and a yoshimura exhaust :D

bikepics-127281-full.jpg

Here is a pic from MCN in 2005...... oh yeah my gf (now wife) was MCN L plate babe of the year that year ;) (also swicthed to a titanium akrapovic full system ;)

tasha.jpg

slight mishap ended that story :(

smashed.jpg

So i moved on to one of these R1's :D ( had just started working for yamaha at the time so got it bloody cheap.

side.jpg

Kept it until recently when i bought a new one but also bought a xmax 250cc scooter to ride to work.

P1000675.jpg

xmaxside.jpg

And thats me done :D

On a side note as said i worked for yamaha, im a qualified bike mechanic so feel free to private msg me if u wanna know summin and ill see if i can help :thumbup:

Be safe gents

Looking good, did you only move to the R1's after starting to work on the Yamamamamamamamamamaahaas (I can never spell it)? Always good to have someone in the know about, cheers :D Do you have a good story for the wee ninja?

That's flipping gorgeous!

+1 Always liked the blue R1s and R6s

That one on slicks?

Looking good, did you only move to the R1's after starting to work on the Yamamamamamamamamamaahaas (I can never spell it)? Always good to have someone in the know about, cheers :D Do you have a good story for the wee ninja?

Hi, erm yes and no i bought the R1 to start with because it was offered to me for a ruddy steal, i solf it 2 years later with 6k more miles on it and made alittle bit of cash ;)

That aside its the best bike ive ever owned, evern better than the 2012 R1 imho

As for ninja story eeerm dunno really i did have an engine let go on me once, con rod let go and smashed a hole through the crank cases, the piston spun around and eneded up wedge inside the barrel liners upside down putting a nice crack in the liner.

I dont have any pics of the complete block, a few mates stole some bits here and there and i gave the barrels to bristol city college with the piston still inside... they wanted to use it as an example of the forces involved in combustion for the apprentices i believe.

Please excuse the state of the engine in these pics, i took them shortly before the engine went to the scrap yard and it had been sat in the back of my garage on an old tyre for a year and a half... so grubby and abit rusty.

SA400003_zpsd721ba7f.jpg

SA400007_zpsff337bd3.jpg

SA400006_zpse9fb8754.jpg

When the rod let go it locked the engine for a split second twisting it in the frame... breaking one of the frame mounts in the process but surprisingly kept running. Obviously it was smoking like crazy but i pulled over put it in neutral...again still running, hit the kill switch and it spat its oil out the bottom and never ran again :(

So new engine and frame... the bike not far out of warrenty and had 10k ish miles on it, after much wrangling with kawasaki they helped me out alittle with the cost but the full repair bill still cost me about £2500

+1 Always liked the blue R1s and R6s

That one on slicks?

I think that pic was taken shortly after i got back from cadwell park, and it was running pirreli dragon evo super corsa pros sc2+3 (kinda road race cut slicks

dssp.jpg

Very very nice bike used to love the way when u pinned the throttle the bike would shake its head alittle :D very stable, had it up to 186mph (indicated) twice in france on seperate trips :D was sorry to see it go but a dutch guy came into the shop one day after seeing it outside and offered me alot of cash for it (it was just after the recesion and the euro was kicking the pounds arse).

Currently strongly considering another... who knows :D

• Like 1

Thats some damage :o Flamin Dutch buying UK bikes again! Bike prices here are enormous in comparison to UK around double the price from new to used. :(

Unlikely anyone here is up for it but you never know, I double dare you!

Click on it to make it big enough to read

NWSpeed-NEWAd.jpg

Also for anyone thinking of going to the NW200

149048_10151496929216708_793926226_n.jpg

Unlikely anyone here is up for it but you never know, I double dare you!

Click on it to make it big enough to read

NWSpeed-NEWAd.jpg

Also for anyone thinking of going to the NW200

149048_10151496929216708_793926226_n.jpg

Pity I can't get the time off to go early for the first one. Already have travel and digs sorted for the following weekend. Looks good fun though.