FUBAR

Bike show tomorrow.

Bit cold to go on the bike so maybe chicken out and go in the Skoda.

Bit of a surprise the MT-07 late launch but the Mt-09 still looks the better, more fun choice.

Wonder what else is going to fire the imagination.  Hope for some good clothing deals too ! 

How was the bike show, hope you had a great show! I'm going on Friday with my father and really looking forward to it.

A heads up on the areas to visit first would be great! Also, do you know if it is still possible to purchase tickets on the gate.

Best Wishes

Yes you can purchase tickets at the door, £20 for adults and £9 for younuns up to and inclludin 16 years old.

Shame the Red Bull Riders display was not there as that was so impressive.

Lots of new bikes as it looks like there is a bit of a revival going on.

Really liked the MT-07 and MT-09, actually prefered the 07 up close and I thought the 07 looked a bargain at £5,200.

Some cheap clothing and lots of bumph given out.

Brilliant bike show, spent too much money though and come away with a massive wish list!!!

Being able to sit on all the top bikes was brilliant, very lucky to being so close to the show (45 mins), defo going to be back next year! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting back on two wheels next year.

Haven't been on a bike for 21 years but aim to go direct access 

and get myself a nice middleweight sports tourer.

Kawasaki ER 6F is what I'm after, probably a 2012 model.

2009%20Kawasaki%20ER-6F%20Green.jpg

• Like 1

The very bike I have just recommended to someone to meet their needs getting onto 2 wheels. Great wee bike for the purpose and the money! 

My 2013 S1000RR bought new in June covered 2000 miles and a few track days she's tucked up for winter.

When I got her OEM Bridgestones off and some sticky Metzeler Racetec K3's fitted. See picture.

Track day at Cadwell she was only 600 miles old!!

Few modifications made full Akrapovic exhaust, Evotech everything (fantastic kit), GB crash protection and double bubble.

This thing loves rear tyres!!

post-42282-0-08373800-1387124274_thumb.jpg

post-42282-0-32359200-1387124410_thumb.jpg

post-42282-0-23594000-1387124467_thumb.jpg

post-42282-0-46249000-1387124558_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

My 2013 S1000RR bought new in June covered 2000 miles and a few track days she's tucked up for winter.

When I got her OEM Bridgestones off and some sticky Metzeler Racetec K3's fitted. See picture.

Few modifications made full Akrapovic exhaust, Evotech everything (fantastic kit), GB crash protection and double bubble.

NICE machine! I have a similar pic somewhere of a back hoop from Cadwell good times :D 

I rode one of these on a bike safe assement day, very nice indeed but I think I'd have the rsv4 just cos I love my current aprillia!

Sadly my 1999 VFR800 FIX had to go to finance the yeti.

Got a 49cc (count em) Peugeot Vivacity compact (10inch wheels) which was a gift from the brother in law. Looks nice after some fettling.

Good fun nodding to fellow bikers as they hate it when a scooter does that.

The pug is off the road again now due to the front forks being busted by too many ploughed field roads :-(

• Like 1

Sadly my 1999 VFR800 FIX had to go to finance the yeti.

Got a 49cc (count em) Peugeot Vivacity compact (10inch wheels) which was a gift from the brother in law. Looks nice after some fettling.

Good fun nodding to fellow bikers as they hate it when a scooter does that.

The pug is off the road again now due to the front forks being busted by too many ploughed field roads :-(

I love how most ped owers try to look the other way as if they can't see you. Those who dare to wave here or nod in UK just get a shake of the head from me. But now I dont even have anything with 2 wheels.... How times have changed lol.

• Like 1

I love how most ped owers try to look the other way as if they can't see you. Those who dare to wave here or nod in UK just get a shake of the head from me. But now I dont even have anything with 2 wheels.... How times have changed lol.

When I used to have the Harley, most would still acknowledge. Some would just ignore, but one bloke on a sportsbike (not sure what it was) actually shook his head - No. Silly arse.

I always nod to anybody on two wheels - its nasty out there. I have had a car try to knock me off as he took exception to my filtering on the ped. Never had that on any proper bike.

Might pop to Matlock Bath on it one Sunday morning and see some of the blokes there I used to speak to - surely its about the person, not the bike? They'll love it when I slot in between a gixer and s1000rr :-)

Like FUBAR says, a great bike. In MCN last week, someone had turned one of these into a Mick Grant KR rep. It looked fantastic

I had a Versys for two years (same engine/frame) it was brilliant. Economical, nippy - just let down by a poor standard rear shock which I changed for a Nitron.

Brilliant bike show, spent too much money though and come away with a massive wish list!!!

Being able to sit on all the top bikes was brilliant, very lucky to being so close to the show (45 mins), defo going to be back next year! :)

I went a few years ago really enjoyed it. like you, I sat on a lot of top bikes. Sadly the Ducati Multistrada 1200 I sat on depressed me - imagine for a moment sitting on your dream bike and not being able to reach the floor *depressed*.

When I used to have the Harley, most would still acknowledge. Some would just ignore, but one bloke on a sportsbike (not sure what it was) actually shook his head - No. Silly arse.

I always nod to anybody on two wheels - its nasty out there. I have had a car try to knock me off as he took exception to my filtering on the ped. Never had that on any proper bike.

Might pop to Matlock Bath on it one Sunday morning and see some of the blokes there I used to speak to - surely its about the person, not the bike? They'll love it when I slot in between a gixer and s1000rr :-)

Harley riders can sometimes be a funny lot, over here all wave regardless of what (proper) bike but when I lived in Lincolnshire I passed a group doing 45 mph on a country road.... I passed the wrong people apparently a prospect of that group who knew me told me lol. Apparently 2 of them took off after me just for passing them on their slow crusade. 

I wish we rode on the right in UK too I have grown so accustomed to greeting with a wave rather than a nod (unless hand is busy).

the%2520finger.png

wave.png

fat%2520boy%2520wave.png

This vid always makes me laugh  

• Like 1

Thread revival, by way of introducing myself. Just joined this forum (just got a Yeti) and was directed to this thread.

Passed test July 1975. Bikes in order :'57 Triumph 6T Thunderbird sidecar outfit; '63 BSA A65; '76 Triumph TR7RV (Tiger 750); '77 MZ TS250; '78 Honda CB750 K6. Then - a lay off for 14 years, following a ban (racing what turned out to be a police car after 5 pints of Bass after a girlfriend dumped me, 1981). Started again with a '79 BMW R65; followed by '81 BMW R100RS; '02 Aprilia RST Futura (written off after my first crash since 1979); and, currently, another '02 Aprilia RST Futura, which I've had for 5 years. I've also got two BMW K100s which I'm very slowly renovating.

I'm in Cleobury Mortimer, South Shropshire. Grew up in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire; several years in Manchester (university, then working); 10 years in West Bromwich & Wednesbury (working for Sandwell MBC); moved here in 1989.

33bmgc7.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just bought a Fabia Monte Carlo 105 bhp model, have always had bikes, and at the moment i have a GSR 750 L1 and a Triumph Street Triple R (which is my daily transport for work) plus the use of my girlfriends GSXR 750 L1 and GSXR 600 K6 (when i'm a good boy) life is good :happy: cant wait to pick the MC up on Sunday and see what it goes like without a salesman beside me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've just started biking this year. 24 seems a strange age to get up and do a CBT but I've always been thinking about bikes as a more enjoyable way of getting from A to B - now it's rapidly becoming an addiction! I know I could have gone direct access but for learning the ropes a 125 is ideal - lightweight, cheap to repair and run (100mpg anyone?). I will be doing my full test at some point, until then here's my little YBR 125, L plates and all  :happy:

IMG_20140119_140128_zpspxwtt0fm.jpg

• Like 2