FUBAR

Got a Triumph Daytona 675 with a few mods and a KTM 450 with enduro and supermoto wheels here. :-)

That 675 is prob the finest 3 cylinder bike ever made IMO.

• Like 2

I have the following:

Yamaha Fazer 600 (current mile muncher)

480780_421602517878579_1383723280_n.jpg

582073_421393104566187_372577761_n.jpg

Suzuki TL1000R (Project and long term precious machine)

25904_101196693252498_8120266_n.jpg

262042_220336894671810_1875321_n.jpg

267704_222050004500499_98114_n.jpg

25014_111759048862929_7123895_n.jpg

Until this happened:

25014_111759085529592_7251621_n.jpg

15019_111760488862785_488073_n.jpg

So after using my specific set of skills acquired similar to how Liam Neeson did, I have done this:

303954_255356651169834_55438206_n.jpg

313336_255357157836450_703084403_n.jpg

310805_255357567836409_1537423495_n.jpg

293504_255356384503194_2092028445_n.jpg

Suzuki GSX 250

Past bikes include:

ZZR 600 - First bike I ever painted professionally:

25904_101195893252578_2992635_n.jpg

ZX400 Import

25904_101195883252579_3018938_n.jpg

Apologies for the long post!!! :p

I have the following:

Yamaha Fazer 600 (current mile muncher)

Suzuki TL1000R (Project and long term precious machine)

Until this happened:

So after using my specific set of skills acquired similar to how Liam Neeson did, I have done this:

Suzuki GSX 250

Past bikes include:

ZZR 600 - First bike I ever painted professionally:

ZX400 Import

Apologies for the long post!!! :p

Nice history there what happened on that bend?

+1

Horrible moment when your bike goes over :doh: and you're left wondering what damage you'll find when you pick it up !!

Dropped my XJ600 on one occasion trying to move it into a parking space - stupidly had shiny bottomed fashion boots on and foot slipped - couldn't hold bike up and had to let it drop :S Think I was as red as aforementioned boots :blush:

I just spotted this thread, I've had many bikes over the years of very different types and capacities. Anyway this is my current bike, not used much recently due to our great weather. My Yamaha FZ6 S2.

FZ6S2Web.jpg

I just spotted this thread, I've had many bikes over the years of very different types and capacities. Anyway this is my current bike, not used much recently due to our great weather. My Yamaha FZ6 S2.

FZ6S2Web.jpg

Very nice welcome to the thread. Are those mirrors stock? They look well on it either way.

Well the back story is I was out with my mate on the ZX9R. He is a straight line junkie and will hold open the throttle till the road runs dry, whereas I like having a licence and, at the time, had 6 points so I was kinda throttle shy. However, I am more of a corner freak, which is his weak point, so he would lose me on the straights but I would get him in the corners. Due to this, I would take corners harder and faster to the point where he would give in.

So yeah, we went a run and went from pre designated route to just taking any route cause it looked fun, and got lost. Followed road signs for Creiff and went through it till we seen a sign saying "Historic Route to Stirling" so I was like "LETS GO THAT WAY!" so I blatted on ahead and started taking the corners like I do, watching in the mirrors as he was slowly falling behind. I then came across this corner that, from a distance, looked like the previous bends that I had already taken, but it wasn't, it was a left, then a little more tweak to the left. It was a last minute "HOLY ****!" moment and I threw on the anchors. Both of them. Big mistake. I ended up going straight and I managed to go from around 80mph to about 5mph before the front wheel struck the kerb, turning to the left and causing the bike to tip to the right. I got my foot down and tried to keep the bike from falling, but I couldn't hold it and it fell side down onto the kerb, cracking the pastics on one side and the front mud guard. I was raging but at the end of the day, it could have been a lot worse.

Well the back story is I was out with my mate on the ZX9R. He is a straight line junkie and will hold open the throttle till the road runs dry, whereas I like having a licence and, at the time, had 6 points so I was kinda throttle shy. However, I am more of a corner freak, which is his weak point, so he would lose me on the straights but I would get him in the corners. Due to this, I would take corners harder and faster to the point where he would give in.

So yeah, we went a run and went from pre designated route to just taking any route cause it looked fun, and got lost. Followed road signs for Creiff and went through it till we seen a sign saying "Historic Route to Stirling" so I was like "LETS GO THAT WAY!" so I blatted on ahead and started taking the corners like I do, watching in the mirrors as he was slowly falling behind. I then came across this corner that, from a distance, looked like the previous bends that I had already taken, but it wasn't, it was a left, then a little more tweak to the left. It was a last minute "HOLY ****!" moment and I threw on the anchors. Both of them. Big mistake. I ended up going straight and I managed to go from around 80mph to about 5mph before the front wheel struck the kerb, turning to the left and causing the bike to tip to the right. I got my foot down and tried to keep the bike from falling, but I couldn't hold it and it fell side down onto the kerb, cracking the pastics on one side and the front mud guard. I was raging but at the end of the day, it could have been a lot worse.

Just one of those things crying shame but bonus that it was only bike, I came off at low speed and messed my leg up big time would have been happier about the damage to myself if it had of been carrying actual speed.....

Very nice welcome to the thread. Are those mirrors stock? They look well on it either way.

Yup, the mirrors are stock, in fact the whole bike is standard apart from a few flies on the front :giggle: This bike was one of the last of the 100PS FZ6 screamers from 2009 before the steel framed retuned Diversion replaced it. Not the quickest bike I've had, my old GSXR1000 K6 was that but it was a tad too mental on the road so had to sell it before my licence got hurt. At least with the naked bike you get a better feel of the speed.

• 4 weeks later...

Rode up to work in Inverness a couple of weeks ago, took the direct 400 mile route up, but the indirect 500 mile route home over the Cairngorms including a couple of wee detours :-)

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

• Like 3

Rode up to work in Inverness a couple of weeks ago, took the direct 400 mile route up, but the indirect 500 mile route home over the Cairngorms including a couple of wee detours :-)

Looks sweet! I hope you get plenty of miles out of it really are a bike that could last a lifetime for any rider. What boxes are those, they looks awesome lugs on top are a great idea?

I'm over the 6k mark already mate and had it since May. It get's used a fair bit :-) Including a few outings off road or on green lanes, which it's far to big and heavy for but fun all the same.

Boxes are Stahlkoffers, German name, but hand built from aluminium in Birmingham :-) Very strong though, I dropped it on that trip and the pannier is not even scratched, let alone dented. Top loaders are always more flexible and the lugs on the top are great for strapping down extra bits of kit.

I'm over the 6k mark already mate and had it since May. It get's used a fair bit :-) Including a few outings off road or on green lanes, which it's far to big and heavy for but fun all the same.

Boxes are Stahlkoffers, German name, but hand built from aluminium in Birmingham :-) Very strong though, I dropped it on that trip and the pannier is not even scratched, let alone dented. Top loaders are always more flexible and the lugs on the top are great for strapping down extra bits of kit.

Sounding good. The one I got a month or so ago had its first service at weekend not had chance or health to get it out in anger yet to achieve some good mileage, current forecast on health front is I may not be able to until next spring/summer time..... I have never had a shot on one of the big GS's must find one with a care free owner some day. Green laning must be a twitchy feeling with that much weight.

It is, but they crash well and are built for it. Dropped mine 3 times now and only got a minor scuff on the Right hand cylinder head protector to show for it ........ phew!!

I have only dropped a bike once and would not like to do that again, new bike wouldn't take it very well at all I fear lol Kawasaki wanted the guts of £200 for frame protectors ......... Not a mission! Must get some on her though just to be nice.

• Like 1

I'm a biker too! Started of at 16 on an Rs50. Turned 17 and bought a CBR125. Passed my test 3 months later and bought a VFR400. Owned that for 2 year.

Bought this 3 days before Xmas last year....

cd8d10e1.jpg

• Like 2

I'm a biker too! Started of at 16 on an Rs50. Turned 17 and bought a CBR125. Passed my test 3 months later and bought a VFR400. Owned that for 2 year.

Bought this 3 days before Xmas last year....

Like it is that a K3 600?

Yes it is. Very pleased with it, although I have only done about 800 miles this year.

So light so manouverable get her out there HTR

I'd love to! But I don't really get time and its not a big fan of the rain. I preferred riding the VFR tbh, that thing was a gorgeous bike.

My 02 plate gixxer 1000 was a handful in the rain! being so light it was a nightmare tbh. Trading on the ZZR1400 last month I hit very heavy rain for first 200 miles of my 800 mile round ride to trade in and collect new one shredded back tyre just from being on motorway 220bhp it was spinning up at the lightest touch from the torque not even at speed limit ffs!

pic of my old gixxer in post #1 if you haven't seen it she was like brand new!