Dash Cams

not got mine in front of me but that looks about right. The camera is a cylinder so my guess is that the height measurement includes the bracket where the camera clips in the end. Imagine 3/4 of a packet of polos stuck to the windscreen...

Edited by Bigpikle
  • Like 2

Imagine 3/4 of a packet of polos stuck to the windscreen...

Fruit polos or the mint ones? 

• Like 1

Fruit polos or the mint ones? 

My bad, I probably should have been more specific and said to imagine 2/3 of a packet of Trebor Extra Strong Mints, as the mint diameter is closer to that of the 0801 ;)  

• Like 1

My bad, I probably should have been more specific and said to imagine 2/3 of a packet of Trebor Extra Strong Mints, as the mint diameter is closer to that of the 0801 ;)

If left in the sun long enough the fruit ones wouldn't need a bracket ;)

Fruit polos FTW! 

• Like 1

My mini 0801 has rejected/failed to continue working with its micro SD card so that it starts up and records but stops recording after a few seconds.

It's the second card. I've used Transcend and Samsung, class 6 and 10 to no avail.

Can't trust it so back to Amazon. I've had it longer than 30 days but after I mentioned the Sale of Goods act twice in my chat with their rep he caved in and refunded my money.

Pity since I have to search again for something and this thread is 21 pages long!

My mini 0801 has rejected/failed to continue working with its micro SD card so that it starts up and records but stops recording after a few seconds.

It's the second card. I've used Transcend and Samsung, class 6 and 10 to no avail.

Can't trust it so back to Amazon. I've had it longer than 30 days but after I mentioned the Sale of Goods act twice in my chat with their rep he caved in and refunded my money.

Pity since I have to search again for something and this thread is 21 pages long!

A little disappointing, I'm on the verge of buying an 0803.

Helpfully I found some pipe at work with about the right diameter, so I have cut a bit to length to make sure an 0803 won't interfere with the light sensor for the mirror.

A little disappointing, I'm on the verge of buying an 0803.

Helpfully I found some pipe at work with about the right diameter, so I have cut a bit to length to make sure an 0803 won't interfere with the light sensor for the mirror.

I have the 0803 in my vRS octy and everything works fine.

• Like 1

thanks, how important is the GPS logger on these?

just deciding whether i need it or not!

Only as important as you see it. Speed being displayed is handy but true speed can be worked out by the time which it takes you to pass between 2 fixed points.  I would have one with but that's just me. I don't get the folk who get them and disable the speed being shown. 

• Like 1

Big box turned up today...

Containing a much smaller box...

IMG_20140704_184832_zpsqkb7ezex.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

LOL it always cracks me up when Amazon do that, I did have the classic similar sized box for a micro SD card twice! Funny sods lol :D 

• Like 1

Well I fitted it last night and let it run on the way to work and back.  Used Registrator Viewer to look at the footage and gps track, very impressed.

I tried Dashcam Viewer as well but after about 10 seconds of each clip the playback skips badly, can't find any options to change relating to video playback.  Registrator Viewer works fine (once I had stopped my over zealous AV software blocking the maps part).

I think I will turn off the sound, as it picked up both my tuneless whistling and belching very clearly.

• Like 3

I think I will turn off the sound, as it picked up both my tuneless whistling and belching very clearly.

Go on.

Admit it., It picked up the farts as well :D

• Like 2

And if any video clip were to be used as evidence in an insurance claim, it wouldn't exactly be looked favourably upon if the clip clearly allows you to hear any road rage/anger on your part!

Yep, my sound is off too -- and it saves a hell of a lot on file size too, allowing much more video to be stored on the card  than it would with sound enabled.

Absolutely loving the Mobius I bought -- quality is fabulous.

Mike

Audio takes up very little space. With the road rage/anger thing, no need to be talking to yourself when driving :p If you do get shouty at other road users (not that they can hear etc) and the camera having sound on would make you think twice, wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. 

All my videos have sound enabled and like with this type of thing which is highly annoying, no stress on my part was needed, as it wouldn't have helped me in any way shape or form and could only have served to distract me from what I should be doing. Don't let others messing up stress you out. 

plus videos without sound utterly bore my hole off, think of the entertainment value for me if nothing else! I not only share my audio in footage but my inner thoughts at times too! :)

ps. Epic thing to have sound recording if some sort of altercation with another road user too, even if not in car it's scary how much they pick up! Catching some piece of work lying or threatening you would be priceless evidence to have in your hands. I would quite like to have someone dig a hole for themselves and just let them work away, then would come the footage hopefully followed by the long fist of the law!  :devil:

• Like 1

@FUBAR

How can you manage to get the Youtube video so smooth? The recordings from my Mobius are as smooth as silk when downloaded direct from card to my computer, but become really jumpy and jerky as soon as they are uploaded to YouTube. Picture quality is not compromised, just the loss of smoothness.

Cheers

Mike

I just upload it generally. If I cut it I normally use 'AnyVideoConverter' a free program and use mp4 or mkv formats to the original settings of the videos. Do you have a link to any videos to see how it looks? 

I have a EPRANCE G1W Novatek cam. Takes great pictures but returning to Amazon because the charger puts out radio interference.

• 3 weeks later...

Had to update the firmware on the mobius as the time and date shown on screen were wrong and now I am back to it not starting correctly. My car is diesel so it gets power while you wait for the coil light to go out on the dash, You then start the car and the mobius assumes you have cut power and goes off.

It is set to fast start so I am going to try slow start and see if that helps. 

Also bought a 32GB for £11 as I am fed up of having to remember to save clips. Should be good for 4 hours now  :sun:

• Like 1

Had to update the firmware on the mobius as the time and date shown on screen were wrong and now I am back to it not starting correctly. My car is diesel so it gets power while you wait for the coil light to go out on the dash, You then start the car and the mobius assumes you have cut power and goes off.

It is set to fast start so I am going to try slow start and see if that helps. 

Also bought a 32GB for £11 as I am fed up of having to remember to save clips. Should be good for 4 hours now  :sun:

Time and date can slide over time, when you plug it into computer and go into settings and save them it takes the time off computer there and then. I have been on the latest FW since it came out checked again last week first time in ages and no updates still. I have had no problems at all, touch wood! When starting car a lot of cars seem to when key is in on position all electrics start but when using start sprung position to start engine a lot seem to kill all power while this takes place for a second, that could well be the issue. Slow start is a good call, most likely what it's for. If that fails just use it without auto start on and when car running just press the button on camera to start recording.