Dash Cams

Ok, so I've received my Mobius camera and have an intention of using this as a rear camera. I've wired a number plate reverse camera up to the boot light as a power supply before which seemed to work fine but I seem to be struggling with the Mobius doing the same.

Can anyone recommend a suitable wiring point in the boot space to hitchhike off (ignition live) - or will I need to run a wire from the fuse box?

Ok, so I've received my Mobius camera and have an intention of using this as a rear camera. I've wired a number plate reverse camera up to the boot light as a power supply before which seemed to work fine but I seem to be struggling with the Mobius doing the same.

Can anyone recommend a suitable wiring point in the boot space to hitchhike off (ignition live) - or will I need to run a wire from the fuse box?

Ran another feed from the fuse box. Quite a neat install and a lovely little camera. Might swap the mobius to the front and the dr32 to the rear. 

• Like 1

Ran another feed from the fuse box. Quite a neat install and a lovely little camera. Might swap the mobius to the front and the dr32 to the rear. 

Yea I would swap them, keep the better quality at the front  :thumbup:

I am tempted to run a line through to make a 12V socket inside the boot since Skoda refused to put one in the hatch. 

Yea I would swap them, keep the better quality at the front  :thumbup:

I am tempted to run a line through to make a 12V socket inside the boot since Skoda refused to put one in the hatch.

only problem with the estate is that the rear one is permanently live

• Like 1

only problem with the estate is that the rear one is permanently live

hahahahah bonus that has cheered me up having felt like I was ripped off! :D 

The centre console one is too I believe.

Yea it is on mine, I don't tend to use it as I hate wires hanging about the place. 

This picture should sum up what I got around to today and what element to this task went wrong after I returned from an extended test drive for a comparison video v the Blackvue.........

chrisw880 made this pic to mock me after I told him what I did.......

1305475_10201969491988312_1685668353_n.j

• Like 3

Ooops!!

Does anyone know why the Mobius won't work with a usb hub? Its fine off my hard wired usb, but if I put a mini hub in the port first, it doesn't work. The thinking is to allow a phone to be charged off the usb as well as run the cam.

It seems odd as the hub is only a wiring splitter as far as I can tell.

Thanks

Adam

May depend what amp input is required by camera and if the USB hub is lower or just splitting it down due to multi outputs. 

I think there is more than enough current available. Also I was only drawing current with the cam with nothing else connected which is why I was surprised it didn't work.

I think there is more than enough current available. Also I was only drawing current with the cam with nothing else connected which is why I was surprised it didn't work.

I have a 12v to 2xUSB thing I use for company vehicles and it wont charge my phone, another one I have will and will charge my tablet too. 

Anyone able to send me or post up the instructions for this? Mine came without any!!! :(

Kit :)

Which one did you get?

The mobius one, cant even see where i can get into the Msetup.exe (found out about this on the RC forum) to see what the settings are!! Have it plugged into the USB to charge it but cant seem to see where to go from there!!

K:)

The mobius one, cant even see where i can get into the Msetup.exe (found out about this on the RC forum) to see what the settings are!! Have it plugged into the USB to charge it but cant seem to see where to go from there!!

K:)

Here ya go all you need is on this page when in the program (with camera plugged in via USB) you can update the firmware (I did this first thing) the program will see if it's out of date and offer you the new one but to install it you need to save the new F/W file to the memory card and turn it on and it does it automatically and auto removes the file after complete but takes a few minutes. It's all in the English instructions. 

http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/index.html

English manual .pdf 

http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/MobiusManual.pdf

Software for camera .zip 

http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/mSetup.zip

I would leave the settings alone as much as possible and change the little bits you want, you will need to invert the date/time if you are mounting it in a car and I would leave on the recording indicator otherwise no lights come on and you have no idea it's working unless you touch heat sink and smell burning flesh :D