Changes for MY13?

I have just had an email from the dealer telling me that the factory is switching over to model year 13 in the next week or so. Because of this I still do not have a build date but he states it is still likely to be 10 weeks from date of order.

Question is, what changes are being made for MY13?

Thanks.

Can I ask why in the uk people put MY in front of the year of the car? I was always curious !

The 2013 models for most manufacturers are delivered in May of the previous year just to confuse things.

As cars are some stored in customs warehouses ie car parks near ports and they can sometimes be there for months or even a year or two.

I have been in control of up to 50,000 cars as a customs officer in charge of such facilities and if some people only new what they were getting when the ordered a "new" car. Newly registered but sat by the sea for months and months in some cases.

• Like 1

MY = model year

The model year doesn't always run exactly to the calendar year, or indeed number plate year.

the same goes for australian models.

it goes my the model year, based on the build date.

not by the registration date.

and not just skoda - all other car manufacturers advertise by model year.

MY10 - built between jul 2009 & may 2010

MY11 - built between jul 2010 & may 2011

MY12 - built between jul 2011 & may 2012

MY13 - built between jul 2012 & may 2013

etc etc

usually the model change-over happens after the skoda factory 1 month holiday in jun-jul of each year.

if some people only new what they were getting when the ordered a "new" car. Newly registered but sat by the sea for months and months in some cases.

He he he - I remember years ago owning a Y-reg Vauxhall Chevette - it was ovbviously a late registered one as production had ceased some 18 months or so before the Y-registraton came out...

I would like to know this as I placed an order for my new VRs the other week and am wondering if it will be a MY13 build car and if so; what will it come with as standard

I contacted Skoda UK to chase up my order placed in March.  It was confirmed that my VRS Estate would be a MY13 Octy, and that a build date would be confirmed by the middle of next week (fingers crossed).  When I asked if there were any changes for MY13, the response was that there wouldn't be any for the Octy VRS (this may be due to the fact that some changes were completed in the middle of MY12 eg. carbon trim interior).