64mpg, I'm a happy bunny

From home to Ballymena centre, dropped Senior Managment and ret to home town.

14 deg C

40 miles

42mph ave speed

64mpg ave, comp figs so less 5% (to be generous)

going with the flow on the A26, passing lorries, touching 70 on the dual (briefly)

dropped to 62.2 by the time I jibbled about the town on ret with a couple of stops, traffic klights on red etc etc.

I cannot unfortunately photograph the dash as the curved plastic "flares" the flash & obscures the digital readout.

M

At 5mpg mine wid drap aff (translate=mine would drop off)

It really really hurt to do a 400 mile round trip in the Steyr Puch at 24mpg

gulp

I put £100 plus in the tank when I got her home.

Nearly had to lie down after.

Thats a lot of un-drunk/never to be drunk Guiness.

Edited by dieseldogg

Have you actually checked the accuracy of your trip computer? I've found mine is actually around 2mpg LOW, so whatever it reads is actually lower than what I"m getting :D

Well done!

MPG doesn't bother me. I don't tink there was a time I got erect over the MPG my car archives. I came close once when at Oulton Park when my Focus was averaging 5MPG.

I wish MPG didt bother me, its like an addiction! Highest average iv got is 56mpg and that was over 23 miles of moors road which believe me is form of achievement!

Im even a sod for fuel prices, i try to only fill up at Shell's now but before i would hunt for the cheapest fuel

• Like 1

Couldn't care less about mpg people get too hung up on it, I drive a diesel and it's more economical than petrol that's all I care about not exact figures.

I get paid mileage in work. The better mpg, the more money I make! :D

On my own time, I don't care about mpg.

I've got the computer to register 75mpg.......until I got to Bluebell Hill. :(

Got home showing 64. :)

That was over a 40 mile run too.

I love having a fuel card for work :)

Get taxed on it but I generally stick £120 a week in...

Cheshire to Newcastle and back today - 32mpg

Sniff,

Some o us has to pay for our own fuel.

With very minimal work milage and living only 3.5 miles from work we still do about 20,000 miles per annum.

I COUNTED up recently that I have done at least 400,000 miles since I started driving.

At a handy 40mpg (and a substantial portion of the 400,000 was in a petrol at 30mpg odd)

Thats 10,000 gallons at current day prices thats £65,000.00

gulp!

SO if I countine to be parisminious we might manage to buy another wee farm before I die,30 to 50 acres, or perhaps instead build another humongeous house, or even a more moderate Huff House to retire to.

We all got different priorities in life.

P.S.

back to Ballymena Hi and back home again, stopping for a snack in Weatherspoons

10.5 deg centi

92 miles

40 mph ave

but sniff only

60.7 mpg

Either the rush hour traffic or the lower temp were obviousley responsible

Edited by dieseldogg

Another sado who gets vaguely excited about mpg here. No verification as car is only 2 days old but I got 71 on the way to work (100m height loss) and 68 on the way home. Well chuffed as it's a carbon copy of my old car, 06 plate 2.0tdi for a 12 plate 2.0tdi. I thought new engines were tight and less efficient to start with but guess I was wrong. :blush:

Sniff,

Some o us has to pay for our own fuel.

Yep same boat - I have to pay for fuel and do silly mileage so for me every penny counts....

Here's my effort from a couple of weeks ago....

mpg2.jpg

mpg3.jpg

mpg4.jpg

mpg5.jpg

mpg6.jpg

My trip computer reads 10 % OVER

It reads 54.9 Mpg for the last 3,000 miles

My Barclaycard tells me I average 49 mpg.

Edited by Web Ferret

back to Ballymena Hi

:D A rare treat these days for me to hear/see someone say that. I take it you got the car all sorted in the end then? I think I lost track on the forum last I saw it was still awaiting bits at JMH.

ps. I too suffer from a healthy case of MPG madness and especially in my old 06 Fabia VRS I could squeeze some miles out of her! 1045 miles from a single tank around NI in a 406 HDI 110 was my best in car before that with very little motorway ( since there basically is none there)

Pah, 64mpg in a 1.6!

How about 64mpg in a DSG VRS! This was over a 20mile journey:

2012-03-29162153.jpg

@Dubbers - your car is screaming out for a Maxidot display!

• Like 1

Hi Surs!

Are some o ye starting on the top o a mountain and heading for the coast?

Like Chrysler did with the Voyager when they first fitted a diesel, starting in Graz Austria, and driving to Antwerp, all downhill.

Anyway when I first had the car i carefully and repeatdly brimmed the tank for a few thousand miles and it worked out about 2.6% optimstic, certainly not the length of 3 %

And

Yes Furbar,

Car went in on 30 Jan, got her back on 30th April( and very tempted to leaver her to 1st of May, tee hee)

IT was repaired some 2 or 3 weeks earlier but I refused to uplift until it was clear what was being offered in the way of compo.

All sorted to my reasonable satisfaction.

I do really like the car.

cheers

marcus

PS

dubbers, can you switch your flash off, i canny, very clear photos, i'm jealous.

Edited by dieseldogg

As I see it with the present congested roads and ever present speed cameras one might as well "go with the flow" but attempt to get the best MPG's.

The number of times I have been overtaken by some eejit, only to roll up behind him at the next junction, roundabout traffic lights etc etc.

When I were younger it were generally the other way around.

It is still a challange, just a different one.

However if belting down the M6 for 400 miles or so an indicated 80 is still the only way to travel.

BUT

One can still drive at 80 with a sensitive touch on the throttle.

Observing, Anticipating, Indicating, driving smooth never getting bottled up (haint quite got the hang of that yet)

Got 38 from my TFSI the other day. Not quite so impressive I suppose.

Got an indicated 86mpg from my old Clio on one slow run home.

The number of times I have been overtaken by some eejit, only to roll up behind him at the next junction, roundabout traffic lights etc etc.

I get the same on the M25: Audi/Jag/BMW tailgates, flashes everyone in the outside lane, only to be caught up again at the J5-Clackett's slow-down. This was always a good giggle when I was in the bright yellow Fun Truck and they'd do a double-take as I went passed ;)

Wheres the fun in that?

Wheres the fun in that?

I discovered that on a "normal" drive in to work - it doesn't matter if you are doing 70-80 or 60-70 or even 50-60 it always seems to take about the same time. So I might as well do 55-65 and get 65-75mpg! Besides driving on the M6 is never "fun".

• Like 1

Pah, 64mpg in a 1.6!

How about 64mpg in a DSG VRS! This was over a 20mile journey:

2012-03-29162153.jpg

@Dubbers - your car is screaming out for a Maxidot display!

And there's me thinking my mod wishlist was complete :giggle: Now added....... :sun:

• Like 1