Felcia electrical problems.. 1.9d

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I recently bought a 1998 Felicia 1.9d, really love it, but I am experiencing a couple of issues:

- The left hand dipped headlight seems to work intermittently, have checked the wiring around the actual lamp and everything seems fine there, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, i have noticed that it tends to work more often when the car has actually been moving.

- The fan/blower/heater, whatever is the correct term, also seems to be operating intermittently, when it is working it is either full force or just a little. The temperature aspect works fine but the actual blower has been on and off since i bought the car..

the third enquiry I have is to do with the clutch/transmission, i'm not sure if it is even a problem, but there is a very noticible clicking sound whenever the clutch is engaged or disengaged, and often a slight rattle as i am travelling along.

Any help here would be very much appreciated as it would be really good if i could sort these problems out by myself rather than going to a mechanic.

Regards, Andrew.

Heater blower - have a look on here about the brushes; a common issue is that they stick a bit, stopping power getting into the motor, or the springs can give up.

Other electrical issues - the fuse boxes on Felicias can give trouble, often because of the water leak that is common, so have a look at the fuse box (again, common thing on here, search for fuse box).

Gearbox noise is difficult with a description like that, but search for "fifth gear nut" or similar, see if that is what you're getting?

HTH

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By holton
      Excuse my bad English...
      I had my 16-year old daughter for some practice driving. As she turned 16 today it was a premiere tour. She did splendid, but when she tried to park the car... Well I had been on the edge all the time but now probably feeling a bit on the safe side. So when she forgot to hit the brakes, I was a bit slow with the handbrake and well... Bumper, Headlight, Wing and Bonnet was dented by a light post. Even the windshield washer fluid container (is it called that in English?) got rupted or tored. 
      The wing replacing seems to be, well not easy but doable. http://www.mediafire.com/file/dwyz09tvplj/elemente_caroserie.pdf section 50-2 seems to cover it all, exept from how to make the glue or what ever is fixing it to the body. And what to use to "glue" it back when replaced. A used one is mine for roughly £80 The Bumper... I guess I won't teplace it, just glue back that little chip and maby cover it with some paint.  The headlight... there were some plastic mounting parts that got damaged. Both on the headlight it self and in the housing. I guess I'll have to replace the lot, but I cant find a guide. A used one is mine for roughly £80 The Bonnet... Some pliers and paint and it'll have to do, getting a new one isn't an option. The washer fluid container... I've found no instructions what so ever on the net. But a used one is mine for roughly £15  
      If you have any good tips or links it would be super if you could share them with me.

Thanks in advance

• By BaronGlory
      Hey guys, I want to know how and is the process of changing out the headlights hard? I know that Felicias have the H4 type headlights, I would like to swap the factory lights to Halogens, I have a 2001 Felicia so face lift model do I have to take out the entire headlight unit or can I just swap the lights out without taking the housing out? Thank you.
    • By Ismael6479
      Hello everyone. I have a year 2000 felicia. The cylinder of the two doors and can not find replacement anywhere, neither in the official House has recently broken. You know of any possible solution or adaptation to solve the problem. The cylinder does not opens or closes. To the dismantling the door is the cylinder what this broken not the pieces of plastic that unite the cylinder with the mechanism of opening.

Hola a todos. Tengo un felicia del año 2000. Recientemente se ha roto el cilindro de las dos puertas y no encuentro repuesto en ningún lugar, tampoco en la casa oficial. Saben de alguna posible solución o adaptación para solucionar el problema. El cilindro no abre ni cierra. Al desmontar la puerta es el cilindro lo que esta roto no las piezas de plástico que unen el cilindro con el mecanismo de apertura.

• By tanktaxi
      can you help my Octavia 2009 has a heater problem, it only works on full power no 4 so I changed the heater stat and the next one went as well so I changed the motor still the same so I changed the control panel and it still blows the stats.   HELP!
    • By Crabman66
      Hi all,

I am just getting used to my 'New' 2014 Elegance Greentech and have noticed that the switches on the doors - windows, mirrors and locking switches and also the headlight adjuster do not illuminate when the headlights are on. It is the first car I have had where they don't. 

Should they illuminate, or is this a fault?