andrewpos    0

Hello, I recently bought a 1998 Felicia 1.9d, really love it, but I am experiencing a couple of issues:

- The left hand dipped headlight seems to work intermittently, have checked the wiring around the actual lamp and everything seems fine there, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, i have noticed that it tends to work more often when the car has actually been moving.

- The fan/blower/heater, whatever is the correct term, also seems to be operating intermittently, when it is working it is either full force or just a little. The temperature aspect works fine but the actual blower has been on and off since i bought the car..

the third enquiry I have is to do with the clutch/transmission, i'm not sure if it is even a problem, but there is a very noticible clicking sound whenever the clutch is engaged or disengaged, and often a slight rattle as i am travelling along.

Any help here would be very much appreciated as it would be really good if i could sort these problems out by myself rather than going to a mechanic.

Regards, Andrew.

djaychela    42

Heater blower - have a look on here about the brushes; a common issue is that they stick a bit, stopping power getting into the motor, or the springs can give up.

Other electrical issues - the fuse boxes on Felicias can give trouble, often because of the water leak that is common, so have a look at the fuse box (again, common thing on here, search for fuse box).

Gearbox noise is difficult with a description like that, but search for "fifth gear nut" or similar, see if that is what you're getting?

HTH

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Super280
      So 5 weeks with me, a new Sportline 280PS and electrical glitches started:
      1. Right mirror doesn't go down any more when reversing, playing with the setting doesn't change a thing (we drive on the right side of the road).
      2. Media system lost connection with climate control, the climate control's menu button doesn't show the menu anymore, selecting from the media menu, showing climate off when on, see attached video.20170924_203346.mp4

Time to start pulling fuses and putting back? Anyone encountered the same?
    • By Sammycarp
      I'm after any comments on the following problem(s) please - car is a late model Octy 2, built early 2013.   CR140, had the emissions update in approx May this year.

Yesterday, the display started to show "Airbag Warning", and the orange airbag light came on.   The buttons on the MFSW also stopped working, so I wondered if its a loose/worn connector somewhere in the steering column?   Or something more serious?

This failure reminded me of a problem a few weeks ago, that may or may not be linked - so here's what happened.

Parked car in the morning, no problems.   Came back in the afternoon, started car, couldn't get it in gear.   Multiple attempts, tried all gears, turned off and on several times - no difference.   Turned engine off, selected gear, kept clutch down, attempted to start it - car kangaroo'd forwards, so obviously clutch wasn't dis-engaging.   A few more attempts, gave up and rang for breakdown.   40 mins and 2 cups of tea later, RAC man arrives, problem completely gone.   Several tests, still no problems.   RAC man changes failed DRL bulb, and disappears.   No further issues until the above airbag thingy yesterday.

Any ideas?   Are the 2 linked, or just co-incidence?   We weren't planning on changing the car just yet (although a Superb/Kodiaq does appeal), but is this the beginning of a series of expensive failures?

TIA,

Sam
    • By 1999Felicia
      Hi all, 

I recently got my hands on a T reg Felicia. I am planning on installing a small sub and some more speakers, I love my music. 

My first step is going to be to swap around my stereo to one that has a bluetooth connection. I was thinking of purchasing the Sony DSX-A400BT. 

The Felicia currently has her original stereo and I was wondering what wiring I am going to need to be able to connect the new stereo in, has anyone done this swap or a similar one before / know how to? 

I have absolutely no clue on wiring or anything like that what so ever so any help would be fantastic. 

Cheers. 
    • By 1999Felicia
      Hi all, 

I recently got my hands on a T reg Felicia. I am planning on installing a small sub and some more speakers, I love my music. 

My first step is going to be to swap around my stereo to one that has a bluetooth connection. I was thinking of purchasing the Sony DSX-A400BT. 

The Felicia currently has her original stereo and I was wondering what wiring I am going to need to be able to connect the new stereo in, has anyone done this swap or a similar one before / know how to? 

I have absolutely no clue on wiring or anything like that what so ever so any help would be fantastic. 

Cheers. 
    • By Andy230
      Hi guys,

I just need a some help. I want to retrofit the headlight washer system. I'm stuck at the wiring stage because Kufatec no longer seem to be supplying the wiring loom. I know there is a relay in the wiring and was wondering if someone had the information on the part number and how the pins go to the bam, fusebox etc. 

Thanks